“The worst choice in Hudson”
Review of Old Whedon Grille - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I've been a Hudsonite for about 10 years now, and have tried over and over to make a good experience happen here. But, I'm sorry. The food is average at best...far too overpriced for the quality. If the food was cheap, I'd give this place a passing grade. It's dirty, the service is slow (if you can get any), and many times the bathroom stench permeates the dining area. It's funny how many people comment on the owner and his wife, but I have to agree with all the comments. He seems nice enough and willing to accomodate...she on the other hand...wow. I have been a bartender and waitress in a past life, and the attitude and anger this woman has just makes me cringe. This is a family-run restaurant, and I would think that a family would care more about their livelihood. I'm not going to drop any more money there, I'll be happy to give it to any of the surrounding businesses.
The glasses are dirty, silverware is never cleaned properly, the kitchen is atrocious (you can see when the kitchen door swings open), and even the salt and pepper shakers are grimy.
OWG - I've tried and tried and tried to like you, but have had such repeated terrible experiences with the cleanliness and the service that I just can't go back. Again, if the food was cheap - like ultra-cheap - I would re-think my position. But it isn't.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

I actually know the owners, and in reading these reviews I have to laugh b/c a lot of them are spot on. The owner is a decent guy ( I don;t believe in posting peoples names). But his wife is a total #$%^&. I don't know why, but she is just one miserable person. I've been to the Grille a few times (only b/c I know the owners) and its an okay place in theory, but the service is terrible. Everyone that's been to a bar knows it can take a while to get a drink. By a while I mean up to 5 minutes. When its busy here forget about it. If you go in and see the owner's wife you have 2 choices: turn around and leave, or get some popcorn and pull up a seat to listen to how she handles any problem. I've never met someone as stuck up and rude as this woman. Its too bad b/c with some okay service this place might be pretty good.

1  Thank Buckeye19
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This is by far the worst restaurant I've ever been too, and this is no exaggeration. A few of our friends were playing in a band there that night and we thought it would be fun to stop by and listen to some of their music. We waited literally 50 minutes JUST for drinks, and never even received them! After about 30 minutes of waiting, I went down and kindly told the waitress that I would wait for them and bring them upstairs to our group of people. She said "oh no, I will make them right now and bring them up" They were a little busy, so I figured now that I mentioned something she would bring them right up, but no. Another 20 minutes passed and finally my husband went down and she said the exact same thing to him! He waited there for 5 minutes before she finally started making them. At this point I had to tell her that theres no way we were paying for these and she said yes, you will be. Then I spoke to the manager,which is also the co owner,and she was probably one of the rudest individuals I have ever come across. I've never met such a classless woman before in my life. She didnt understand why we wanted to get them for free. Her tiny brain couldnt process the fact that we had been waiting for 50 minutes and giving us the drinks for free would be the right thing to do. I will never go to this restaurant again and I think the owners, especially the wife, need some advice on how to run a business and have a little more "class"

2  Thank MGord1123
Reviewed March 24, 2010

This is by far one of the worst restaurants I have ever been to. We tried it on 3 separate occasions and it was worse each time we went. About the only thing that was consistent was the rude service we received each time we were there. The food is just not good and it takes forever to come out of the kitchen. Our child ordered spaghetti and meatballs and the meatballs were still frozen after waiting a very long time for our food. It's a shame because it is right in downtown Hudson - maybe they should sell it to owners who actually care about their customers and can make some decent food.

1  Thank sallie1998
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I went to eat at The Old Whedon Grille and I must say as cool as the building was the food, service and bathrooms were just gross!!!! The bathrooms were unusable, the silverware came out dirty twice and there was mold on the ketchup bottle.

Side note: As I was reluctantly eating my dry Salmon I heard a lady who I later discovered was the owner's wife spout some very strong racial jokes that I felt were more than offensive. If the gross environment and food was not enough to keep my family away the ignorant attitude of the owners will be!

1  Thank truediner