“Bad food, horrible service”
Review of Old Whedon Grille - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Stow, Ohio
“Bad food, horrible service”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The food is overpriced and below average--no creativity here, just line cooks. When we noticed two extra glasses of wine on our bill, the OWNER tried to say we had them. We were outraged.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank stillanonymous

Hudson
“All The Bad Reviews......”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

are correct. Owners are not friendly, food is mediocre at best, facilities are pretty run down. I never go here anymore; so many other choices in Hudson (Flip Side, Luchita's, Red Door, Kepner's, etc) where the owners appreciate their customers.

1 Thank bermeister
Denver, Colorado
“Don't Waste Your Time - Better Places in Hudson!”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

There are so many great places to eat in Hudson that you don't need to waste your time here. The owner is extremely rude and clearly customer service is not her priority. She gave HERSELF an 18% gratuity on our check when it took her over an hour and 15 minutes to serve us our food and never once refilled our drinks or checked on us. When we questioned the tip after our poor service and the extreme amount of time it took to recieve our food THE OWNER got really defensive, became extremely rude in front of the kids to the point where my friend left in tears. THIS is the kind of management running this place and explains why the service is very poor on a regular basis. Not worth it for "just OK" food. Not an establishment worth giving your money to. Go to the Flip Side or Hudson's Grille. WAY better all around.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank TarainHudson
Munroe Falls, Ohio
“A wonderful experience, can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I recently went to Old Whedon Grille for the first time, and then again after that. The atmosphere was great and the service as well. The food was a definite favorite. I tried the BLT and fry chips (amazing!), the tomato soup was excellent with a little kick that made it even better. The burger I tried the next time was flavorful and cooked perfectly. This is definitely my new favorite place to eat! The prices were just right as well.

“The worst choice in Hudson”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I've been a Hudsonite for about 10 years now, and have tried over and over to make a good experience happen here. But, I'm sorry. The food is average at best...far too overpriced for the quality. If the food was cheap, I'd give this place a passing grade. It's dirty, the service is slow (if you can get any), and many times the bathroom stench permeates the dining area. It's funny how many people comment on the owner and his wife, but I have to agree with all the comments. He seems nice enough and willing to accomodate...she on the other hand...wow. I have been a bartender and waitress in a past life, and the attitude and anger this woman has just makes me cringe. This is a family-run restaurant, and I would think that a family would care more about their livelihood. I'm not going to drop any more money there, I'll be happy to give it to any of the surrounding businesses.
The glasses are dirty, silverware is never cleaned properly, the kitchen is atrocious (you can see when the kitchen door swings open), and even the salt and pepper shakers are grimy.
OWG - I've tried and tried and tried to like you, but have had such repeated terrible experiences with the cleanliness and the service that I just can't go back. Again, if the food was cheap - like ultra-cheap - I would re-think my position. But it isn't.