“Stayed Twice: Hope to Visit Again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hudson
Jeremiah B King Guest House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hudson B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I spent a night at the Jeremiah B King Guest House last fall. Our experience was so outstanding that we just returned from our second visit. Located conveniently in charming Hudson, Ohio, JBK relaxes you the minute you enter. Both times our room was luxurious, comfortable, and quiet, enabling us to enjoy wonderful nights of sleep. Breakfast was perfect for us, both in taste, portion, and company. Although visiting for pleasure, both of us have traveled extensively for business, and JBK provides an excellent landing spot for business and pleasure travelers. We have driven out of our way to stay at JBK, and hope to do so again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kenyon P

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We recently spent four nights here, and it seemed to be increasingly enjoyable as the time went by! Ms. Ren is an absolute doll who is very concerned with going out of her way to do simply nice things for her guests, in addition to offering unique and tasty breakfasts, with the help of Mr. Doug.

My wife enjoys her tea, so Ms. Ren presented her daily with one or two unusual teas, along with delicate cups and saucers with which to enjoy them. In my case, she made sure I had a larger mug (which I like) for my coffee, too.

These folks are innkeepers who obviously take pleasure in making their guests happy, and they go out of their way to do whatever it takes to accomplish their goal.

We look forward to future visits!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vermonter33
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The history of this home and Hudson, OH is fascinating. I am so glad the charming and candid Ms Ren shared her story of the history of the families who built and lived in the home, and pointed out the evidence of their painstaking renovation to preserve it's historical bones. I felt I was a part of history just staying in the home. A fascinating and welcoming place to stay. Ms Ren and Doug are so gracious and fun to speak with. Loved everything about our stay --the home, the closeness to town, the outstanding dining choices in town, the breakfast, even the temperamental European visiting musician guest who (most reluctantly) sat with the other guests for breakfast one morning. We had many, many subsequent laughs thinking of this disinclined B&B lodger who clearly was more suited for an airport Marriott rather than an B&B. While in Hudson, we rented bicyles nearby and rode the Towpath Trail in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, then drove to Canton to visit the Football Hall of Fame. I highly recommend Jeremiah B. King Guest House. Thank you Ms Ren for an outstanding B&B experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joyce L
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were in Hudson for a special event and needed a place to stay overnight. We favor B&B's because we like a more intimate, quiet atmosphere than a hotel provides. We could not have made a better choice than the Jeremiah B. King Guest House. The warmth and charm of the place hit us as soon as we saw the building from the street on arrival. It carried on throughout our brief stay.
Upon meeting Mrs. Ren, we could immediately identify the source of the welcome, at home feeling we experienced at the Jeremiah. She is an absolute delight and a superb cook. Our breakfast was perfectly delishious and on the light side like we prefer. All during breakfast Mrs. Ren kept us pleasantly entertained with her stories of the town and made sure to show interest in us as well.
Another plus is that the Jeremiah is just a block away from the small historic town of Hudson which was another delight in itself. We highly recommend the Jeremiah B. King Guest House.

Room Tip: All the rooms are a delight and you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terry L
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I are generally ambivalent at best when it comes to B&Bs. My brother had arranged a family gathering in the Hudson area and chose the King Guesthouse. Of course, there were the usual stairs to climb with the luggage, but from that point on all was 'up hill.' Ren and Doug are gracious hosts; there when needed, invisible when they should be invisible. The location with respect to the long-charming village of Hudson could not be more ideal. The seven of us were easily accommodated in comfortable rooms. The greatest trepidation with regard to B&B is the second 'B;. normally sticky gooey breakfast buns, stale children's cereal and perhaps watery yogurt. NOT here. The breakfast fare is second to none. Four mornings of wonderful surprises of tasty and tasteful variety. Ren is a marvelous cook, a stand-up comic and a lovely personality well suited to hosting. If you have a chance, stay a few nights at the King Guesthouse whether there is a real need to do so or not; Try is just for the good time.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the house may be quieter because of traffic noise on Rt. 91 in early evening an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DonaldL543
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this Inn in the past. So we decided to stay there this coming July 2013. We booked our room in early June, and received an email, confirming our reservation...which actually stated that we would definitely have one of TWO options...either the Dr Starr room or the Jeremiah. It was very clear we had a room.
Then two weeks later, received an email from the innkeeper, that our reservation had been canceled. The reason was because one out of town guest had decided to stay an extra night.
We were very disappointed needless to say...very upset. We will certainly never be guests there ever again and certainly won't recommend it to any of our friends and family.
So you have been warned!!! Unless you have a three night reservation, you may end up without a room at the last minute!! We travel all the time, and this is a first for us.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank MMarkell
Ren H, Owner at Jeremiah B King Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

I was actually stunned to read this ! Reason is that this couple began staying here 4 years ago when his mommy Rosie was in an assisted living complex nearby. We shared many lovely conversations and Rosie joined us for breakfast . We often spoke of our mutual challenges caring for an elderly mother. Both of our moms have since passed. However, the only reason I could not honor the Saturday for them was the couple in here for previous 3 nites were from Florida and were dealing with the same thing as they were once! Moving a parent into another section of the facility. I try to be a compassionate innkeeper and did not want to eject them during their difficult family time. I gave this couple two weeks notice . Because it fell over the 4th of July weekend, I didn't have another room left when the need for an extra nite became evident. Ironically, I don't feel the same way about them, they are welcome here anytime. I did offer them a complimentary nite . I'm sorry they are so mad at me. I would have done the same thing for them had they needed an extra nite while here for Rosie.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

It's a beautiful Inn and the hospitality is wonderful. EXCELLENT gourmet breakfast and great company! Lovely location in Hudson walking distance to great shops and restaurants. Reasonably priced as well. Will definitely stay there again when in town.

• Stayed: May 2013