“Our stay in Boston Hieghts”

Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hudson
MONROE
“Our stay in Boston Hieghts”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

While we enjoy the hotel, the bed was not the best. I think it maybe time for a new mattresses. The room is great for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
ELYRIA
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The room was very nice. Staff freindly and curtious. Only problem was pool was 90 degrees - felt like a bath tub. They tried to cool it down which was apppretiated.
Overall much better than most.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank EDWARD K
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I really wanted to love this motel. The staff were wonderful,the room had everything needed. There was a pool I couldn't use because the room was so muggy and humid.
Our room was clean but seemed no so. The shower drain plug was removed and left on tub. There were shoe prints on the ceiling and walls.
My biggest complaint was the noise. I rarely wake to noise yet every time someone shut their door to another room it sounded like a shotgun blast. The air conditioner worked great however had a
Loud turbo motor that was very loud.
Overall if you get a decent price worth the stay,however at full price I would think twice!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TUCSON
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Nice hotel in a decent location, although a bit hard to get to off the freeway. Once there though, it's a nice, quiet place. Smells a bit like cigarette smoke inside the halls, but our non-smoking room was fine. Breakfast was an expanded continental with cereals, waffles, fruit, breakfast breads, hard boiled eggs and juice/coffee/tea. My only criticism would be that there could be a few more tables to ease congestion at the busier breakfast times. Washer and dryer were available, they supply a free newspaper, and there's a nice small business center. We didn't use the pool, but it looked quite nice. A great value and nice place to stay. We'll return for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank SUSAN A
New Brighton, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here on 7/30/12. LIttle leaguers ran around knocking on doors and yelling outside our door for 2 hours, waking our toddler and preschooler and us. We complained 2 or 3 times in person to the desk, spoke sternly to the boys to stop, and called the cops. mgnt offered 20% refund after we asked for a full refund saying he didn't have the authority to give us a full refund. Mgnt also said that they had to watch the tapes to verify what happened. They said they would contact us. They didn't. So we called them back. They said they couldn't give us a full refund because they couldn't tell if they were bothering us at our door or if we heard someone else's door. He said we could have checked out at any time during the night and not have been charged for the room. I told him we were dissatisfied with their service because now he was making it my word against his. I told them we were calling corporate. So we complained to corporate. They contacted David Patel, the general manager, and he responded that I said they had called the cops (I did no such thing--I stated that I had called the cops) and to check with the police to see if a report had been filed. He said that I immediately demanded a full refund. He said that he can't keep people from being out in the halls. (but that wasn't the issue--he can enforce quiet halls) He said that the problem had been taking care of right away. Which it had not. I had told the boys to get away from my door and they still bothered us. Plus the mgnt wasn't at the hotel overnight. He then stated to corporate that his hotel was ranked 4 out of whatever number of stars. And that he can't give a refund to everyone who asked or they would be out of business. Corporate left us an apology, but refused to make amends.

We are never going to stay here again. If David Patel had listened to us and had taken care of us, then we would have been cautious but considerate. Now, I am making sure that I don't stay here again--and probably not any Baymont.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel if there are large groups of children booked. They cater to the masses and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Westlake, OH
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was the second time I've stayed at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Boston Heights and I wasn't disappointed either time. The first time I stayed was with my wife and 2 young kids as a "staycation" of sorts as we live less than an hour away and were looking for a hotel with an indoor pool for the kids to enjoy. The second time was an overnight stay after a party nearby where instead of driving the hour home. Both times my wife and I were pleased with the hotel. The hotel was clean and the accomodations were comfortable both times. The indoor pool was nothing spectacular, but the kids had a blast. The breakfast area wasn't all that big, but the breakfast was typical, what you'd expect at a hotel in this range. Overall, I'm happy with both stays at this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I basically lived here for several months while working a job nearby. The best part of this hotel is the staff. They're very accommodating. Some people complain of problems with billing, but the staff don't control the corporate policies. This is an inexpensive place to stay, about 1/4 mile from I-80 and right alongside Ohio Route 8. To get to the hotel from I-80, exit I-80 at Exit 180 and continue past Ohio Route 8 to Dean Memorial Parkway. Then make a right onto Dean Memorial Parkway and a right onto Hines Hill Road. Not hard, just avoid Ohio Route 8 completely. If you get on Ohio Route 8, you can't get off til you're waaay past the hotel and you'll have to turn around. Worst part of this hotel is the parking and the noise. When sold out, which is almost every day in the summertime, this hotel doesn't have enough parking. There are more rooms than parking spaces, not counting handicap parking, so parking gets snarled quite often. Parking is easy if you get there early enough. Just park along the curbs or in the grass if you arrive late and find no parking spaces are available. The noise in this hotel is remarkable. The room doors make a loud banging sound when they slam shut and echo through the whole hotel. I got startled awake many, many, many times by people coming and going and slamming their doors closed. Kids are always running around, and people like to yell in the hall. This is a cheap summertime destination for families of vacationers, so don't come here if you like quiet or demand a four-star experience. I'd rate this place about 1.5 stars - not great but definitely inexpensive with a friendly staff. The rooms are average really, and obviously get a ton of use. Some renovations had been done in 2010, but even these are now worn down. Oh, and if you're on the first floor, be prepared to hear every step and sound from the room above you. The ceilings are NOT solid and I could every every single step the people above me took. Every single day there was someone stomping around 5 feet above my head. If they got up before me in the morning, I found it absolutely impossible to sleep. I could hear everything they did, so I was awakened very early in the morning more times than I could count. I was awakened many, many, many times by the noise in this hotel, so don't expect any peace or solace if you come here. The water in the pipes is also loud, louder than you'd think. Generally, I got awakened early almost every morning by someone in another room getting up and moving around, and had lots of trouble with sleeping and parking while I was there. The hotel was obviously very cheaply constructed with no consideration for privacy or noise control. The closest restaurants and businesses are about 3 miles north of the hotel, in Macedonia Commons. Just take Ohio Route 8 north for about 3 miles, avoiding I-271, and turn right onto Macedonia Commons Blvd. There's even a Walmart there. Oh, and only one room has a hottub. The hotel does have a hottub, but it's in one of the rooms. Pool is small, too. Lots of wild animals like deer, raccoons, possums, ferrel cats, coyotes, grouse, and turkeys nearby - lots of undeveloped woods to the northeast. Also very close to Cuyahoga Valley National Forest, which is a huge national park about a mile west of the hotel. People like to congregate/cook out in the parking lot, which is annoying. Cigarette butts are everywhere near the entrances. Outer doors are NEVER locked. Overall, a 58-room, cheap, overcrowded, high-volume hotel along a major interstate. Nothing to write home about, but it'll get you through the night at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: 58 rooms altogether; 3 are suites and 55 are "normal" rooms; 1 suite has a hottub; reserve...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Wingate by Wyndham Streetsboro/Cleveland Southeast
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson? Share your experiences!