“Nice hotel for the price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed here recently for the Elton John concert at Blossom Music Center. It was a very affordable room. We had the king jacuzzi room which was clean and very spacious. Nice and quiet. Breakfast was basic continental and a nice quick start to day. Staff very helpful especially with directions. Pet friendly hotel. Had a pool but didn't use it. Would recommend and will stay here again when in area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We chose this hotel because it was close to our destination and we felt the price was right at $52 per night. At the time we made reservations in July, the online reviews were good.

I will say the room appeared clean and the hotel was quiet. The problems we noted were:

Although housekeeping came in each day of our 4 day stay, they did not change bed linens, they just made up the beds. We could tell because the top sheet had a discolored area and it remained on the bed all 4 days.

The outside doors are unlocked 24/7 even though signs state they are locked at all times. I asked the girl at the front desk if the doors would be locked at night; she said no, they stayed unlocked all the time. The hotel is located right off a highway and right next to a rather disreputable looking bar.

The pool is not maintained. The filter was not running and there was debris and dirt in the pool bottom.

The breakfast is pretty skimpy. There were some breads and danishes, old-looking fruit (apples and oranges only), a waffle maker, some unappetizing juice, hard boiled eggs, coffee, cold cereal and donuts. If you are a breakfast person you will be disappointed.

There was shampoo provided but no conditioner. When I asked at the desk, the man rooted around in a drawer, came up with one container and said it was the last one.

It appeared to us that corners were being cut to save money and they were measures that could affect the welfare of guests--like the pool and building security. I recommend you spend a few dollars more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NewAlbAnnie
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This was our first night at a Baymont, and I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a room on the second floor which was very clean (I was given a choice of which floor when I checked in). It appeared as though the room had been recently renovated; the mattresses looked brand new and there wasn't even any sign of wear on the carpet. The bathroom wasn't quite as fresh, but it was clean and relatively spacious. The water pressure and temperature were constant for both night and morning showers. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room, which is always a nice bonus.

There wasn't anyplace you could walk to from the hotel, but not more than 5 minutes down the road was a whole shopping complex with plenty of restaurants and a movie theater.

The continental breakfast in the morning was pretty standard with cereal, bagels, pastries, fruit, hard boild eggs, bread, and coffee/tea/juice/milk. You could also make a waffle or toast French toast for yourself. We had breakfast around 8:30a; there was certainly enough food and the coffee was refilled while we were there.

We didn't use the gym or indoor pool, so I can't comment on those.

When I checked out in the morning, the wonderful gentleman behind the desk told me about Brandywine Falls and drew me a nice little map. We checked it out before leaving the area, and it was definitely worth the trip. Overall, I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

This hotel was a great value for the price. We will definitely come back here on future roadtrips!

Room Tip: We were told rooms on the second floor were "better," but since we only saw our room we do...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ItineraryMaster
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I stayed here while speaking at a conference nearby. The hotel was selected & paid for by the organization that flew me into speak. It's out of respect for this organization that I didn't press the matter regarding the poor customer service I received. If it had been my own money, I would have insisted they refund it & left for another hotel. Because of conference activities, I didn't arrive at the hotel the first night until late. I went to take a bath & noticed the stopper was missing. I called the front desk to ask for a new one and I can't even begin to describe how rude the desk clerk was. At first, she didn't understand the stopper was missing & treated me like I was stupid, trying to instruct me on how to stop a tub. When I finally got her to understand that there was no stopper she said the last resident had probably stolen it. I asked if I could get a new one & she said she didn't know. I asked to speak with a manager & she refused to let me. When I asked if I could change to another room or if there was somewhere else that I could take a bath, she said many residents bathed in the pool or hot tub. When I asked her if the health department didn't have a problem with that, because these are public areas, she said she didn't know why they would. I asked again to speak with a manager & she hung up on me. I then called the front desk two more times trying to get someone to help me, and each time they picked up the phone then hung it up immediately. The third time they just let it ring. I then called corporate from my room because I still needed to take a bath. After noting my complaint, corporate told me the hotel was independently owned, so there was nothing they could do. The next morning, when the manager came in, I let him know what happened and he apologized & replaced the stopper immediately, but offered to make no concessions for my not being able to bathe the night before. I appreciate the manager being nice about it, and that's the only reason I didn't rate them a 1, but I couldn't believe that this even happened or that corporate was so unable to help or that the manager wouldn't even offer me a voucher or anything. The apology felt like lip service. I was relieved to go home & will not stay there when speaking for this local organization in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HereOnBiz
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have never stayed in a Baymont before and didn't know what to expect. The room was clean and nicely decorated without signs of wear. It had a working microwave & frig, which I always appreciate. It also had the curving shower bar which I also like. They were very PC about stealing hotel linens, etc. letting you know the charge for every item.
I was going to a dog show by myself and security is an issue for me. You did not a key card for any entry, usually only the front is always open at most hotels; I fond this a little worrisome. Also, my room door had a place for a chain lock, but no chain. It did have a deadbolt & the brass "thing" you swing over. However, the outdoors were well lit at night and I saw a patrol car cruise through.
Breakfast had a nice variety of carbs, but only rubbery hard-boiled eggs for protein.
Overall, I would visit again.

Room Tip: Book through Baymont directly for the cheapest rate and use the comment card to get exactly what you...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank showingmydog
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed in a king non smoking room with a 2 person jacuzzi tub, on a Friday night with tax for 75.00. Staff was very friendly, the only thing that would be nice is if there was a restaurant closer. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Isn't really clean -just well vacuumed. Our non-smoking room stank of cigarettes. The front desk tried to claim it was an over worked AC making the smell, -it wasn't. The pool area had so muvh chlorine and disinfectant in it we could hardly breathe from the fumes much less swim in the murkey pool. We tried to talk to the front desk woman but she told us this dump had high ratings so we must be wrong. We checked back out after just 2 hours in this pit. No refund of course! First the woman at the front desk claimed we had been there over 6 hrs when she was the one who had checked us in so no refund. When I showed her the time stamp on our bill showed we had checked in less than 2 hrs earlier she then claimed we only had 20 min to make a complaint and receive a refund. I pointed out that we had complained within that time frame and she directed us to the owner, Mr. Patel, but basically said don't bother because he still wouldn't give us a refund.

Save your money and go elsewhere! !!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Swamptracker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Macedonia, OH
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Streetsboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Akron Stow

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson? Share your experiences!