“Great pool” 4 of 5 bubbles

Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hudson
“Great pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Took off for a quiet Sunday night. It was truly that quiet. Pool was large and open served very well for a small out of town gathering. Lounge was fun with a nice menu. Rooms were clean. Very large building and you can find yourself a distance from both the pool and the bar. Will do it again

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Wheretonext13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Gridley, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I reserved a room through their website while on the road. I reserved a king-sized bed. We got there in the pouring rain and got checked in. We were told we could not get to our room from the front desk through the hotel, so back out into the pouring rain we went. Our room was on the other side of the large building from the front desk. We grabbed our stuff and ran to the door and got soaked while standing there swiping the key card three times before it worked. Get to the room, again trouble with the key card, and discover its two double beds! It was 1:00 in the morning and I was not loading the stuff back into the car in the pouring rain and driving back up front to complain. The room was musty and everything was damp, chairs, beds, floor, everything. The refrigerator in the room, which we really needed to use to refreeze our ice packs for our cooler, wasn't even plugged in so it was hot inside. We ended up having to stop and buy ice for our cooler as we had an entire day of traveling to do. To top it all off, the coffee maker was in the bathroom just inches from the toilet! Breakfast the next morning was good. When we checked out, I was asked how everything was. I mentioned that I had reserved a king room and got two doubles instead. She typed something into the computer and said, "I see that. You're staying another night, right?" I had just handed her my key to check out! I told her no, we were traveling through. Her response was "Well then there's nothing I can do." I realize the pouring rain was not their fault, but it made their shortcomings that much worse. Being told we could not go through the hotel to get to our room, the key card not working properly, and not being able to get to the front desk to fix the room problem without going back out in the rain. We will never be stopping here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca A
lyle7692
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We just needed a place to lay our heads down for the night. It was fine for that. They are in the process of remodeling which is good to see. The place needs it. The main lobby area and the restaurant are great. And most of all, the staff at the front desk and in the restaurant were wonderful. Best service for a buffet breakfast ever!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank lyle7692
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Booked into this hotel en route to Madison, Wisconsin. First impression was that it was in the middle of nowhere but this wasn’t a problem as we were passing through. The hotel is currently undergoing some refurbishment so there is some disruption, but the room was clean with comfortable bed and staff were friendly and efficient. There is a good size swimming pool and the bar and bar food met our requirements. Excellent buffet breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KathieH396
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I should have known when the Waze app tried to make me do a U-turn away from the hotel on arrival, it was not going to be a stellar property. I'm not sure if they are undergoing renovations or what, but all of the hallways either dead-end, or you have to go outside to get to the next hallway...and there are weird handmade signs hanging everywhere for directions. When you check in, the front desk offers you a map of the hotel. TAKE IT! You'll never find your room, otherwise. And when I finally arrived at my room, there was a padlocked doorway (see pic), separating my half of the hallway from the other half. I was afraid to think about who (or what) was staying in those rooms!! And the fitness center left something to be desired....the equipment was ancient. On the plus side....the king size bed was huge, and the room was pretty clean (though the coffee maker in the bathroom is kind of gross). And supposedly they offer free Wi-Fi, though the signal was so weak in my room, I couldn't access it. The bartender Kate was probably the highlight of my whole stay! She was awesome!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front desk....otherwise "you can't get there from here"
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Reservations here made for me by a business colleague. This is an older property so not exactly vibrant. Everything seemed a little worn. There is an indoor pool in a separate building, along with a modest fitness room. Located right on the freeway, so pretty accessible. Front desk gal was cordial but overwhelmed with phone calls and check in was cumbersome. There is a little bar with a very pleasant barmaid, Sherry, in residence. Breakfast coupons entitled you to a meager buffet in a sit down lounge. Adequate and limited--but aren't most of them? Still, it was a comfortable bed, there was a refrigerator, microwave, good water pressure, adequate TV and A/C and a solid WiFi connection. The room was run-down and the bathroom lighting inadequate with one ceiling light actually out of commission. Most readers will recall the bulk of my reviews are as a result of business travel and this was no exception. When I went to iron my clothes for a presentation there was a little bitty ironing board--I had to place it on the desk top. Absolutely NO way a jacket and pants could be pressed. Really, Clarion? The designated smoking area was 3 feek from my window and fumes wafted into my room. Would I return? Sorry, Clarion, I would not.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Windsor, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was 5 min from my worksite at an Allstate datacenter so I stayed. Im not too picky (I stay at red roof type hotels often) but this place was in dire need of an update. The bed was OK. The bathroom was not OK: drop ceiling with rusted rails, almost zero flow from shower nozzle(I had to use the sink to rinse the shampoo out of my hair) , peeling paint , 1975 decor. The hotel is under renovation but the prices are higher than i would expect for the poor condition of the unrenovated room I stayed in. I would not return. My Hallway was littered with several trays (i counted four)of room service food when I checked in (9pm ) and they were still there at checkout 11am. Enough said. Enough for me to not rerurn. If you must stay ask to see and be assigned to a renovated room.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls

Been to Clarion Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!