“Nice hotel, but plenty of riff-raff keeping you up all night.”

Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hudson
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice hotel, but plenty of riff-raff keeping you up all night.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I actually liked the room and the physical features of the hotel. But remember, when there is a bar nearby, you will have drunks slamming doors and shouting at each other for most of the night. I had to call the front desk three times to request help with keeping the noise down. Finally, I think the drunks simply passed out and went to bed (between 3 & 4 a.m.). The family got very little sleep and my child was not adequately prepared for an athletic event the next day. I did get a refund for half of my room rate, but $39 was not worth losing five hours of sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank G M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The best thing that I can say is the happy hour at the bar is good. The hotel wasn't busy. Where was my room??1st floor facing I80. Noisy! Immediately had my room switched. Second floor, no room number outside the door. Got in the room, toilet didn't flush. I had to lift the lid and jiggle it to get the water to work. Outlet that I used to charge phone didn't work. Found that out the next morning. Bathroom was tiny. I had to go to a dank stairwell to get to my room, no elevator at this hotel. Staff was nice. Another item, carpet old, dirty and it along with the hotel does smell.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sarvs66

Travelers are raving about these Hudson hotels

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Recommend by a co worker to try this hotel, I did and pleasantly suprised. As you walk in you see the artist rendering of the new look to come. Also greeted by several staff ( I also had a call to the room asking if everything was ok with room).
The room is standard. Older furnishings but you can see some of the remodeling going on with the updates they have already done in there. Everything is clean and enjoyed the stay. The water pressure in the room is out of this world.
Breakfast buffet is standard and the servive was great thanks Doris.
A lot of people enjoying the large pool and bar had serveral people around the shoe.
I will be back.
Thank you.
Choice gold member submitter

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Travel46804
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here with my sister as a stop to refresh at the halfway point of a long road trip. It's really close to the interstate, and we had no problem getting there and back with the help of or GPS. We stayed in a single room with a king bed. Had a very nice mini fridge and microwave. Also offered any forgotten toiletries, which I don't always see anymore. Easy access free internet, and our favorite part was the hot breakfast buffet complimentary with your room! Eggs, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, potatoes, and your traditional spread of breads, bagels, yogurts, etc. It was above and beyond what we were expecting for an inn and we were very pleased! The staff was very nice, although we did not stay long and did not interact too heavily with them. Would stay here again if passing through the area in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank PennyCollector
Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I requested room close to pool and first floor. They made sure thats what I had. This hotel was so crowded that you really couldn't use the pool for adults. The kids in the extra large super pool area,were having the time of there life. We were 6 women on a weekend away and it was not for us, but for a family couldn't be better! There were lots of chairs and table to sit and watch your kids. Rooms were pleasant for what you paid. The staff was excellent!

Room Tip: If you have a family ask for first floor near pool its wonderful! The rooms near 176 178 are smoking...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pansey43
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Check-in was quick. My room was relatively easy to find. The room had a nice TV and a good-sized mini fridge. Water was hot, bathroom was clean, bed was comfortable. Their "conference rooms" left something to be desired (small & cold) but service was diligent about taking out the trash at regular intervals.

I did not try the breakfast, but I am pleased to know there were hot options available for a hotel in this price range (< $65 before tax).

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DavenGVAR
Indiana
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here on a Sunday night. Check-in was easy and the staff was friendly and courteous. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The room was clean. We took advantage of the enjoyable hot tub and pool. The area was very clean and pleasant. The following morning we took advantage of the hot breakfast buffet. The gals in the restaurant (on premise!) went out of their way to please us. The reason for rating a 3 instead of 4 or more is that the heater fan was noisy, and it seemed every time someone next door or upstairs flushed the toilet we heard it in our room. All in all it was a great value for what it is.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about security you may want to ask for a room that is not right next to the ent...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Debi L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield

Been to Clarion Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!