“Good food and service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Winchester, Kentucky
“Good food and service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The food was good and so was the service. It was clean.
The food came out fast.
We just
Picked it because of where we were but made a good choice.

Ashland, Ohio, United States
“Great food. Huge portions!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The food was great, and the portions were huge. My husband and I could have easily split our meals with another person!

Visited May 2014
Stevensville, Maryland
“Blah, bland food.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Mt husband and I ate here for lunch on a Wednesday after running errands. The restaurant was not busy, and it took nearly an hour for our dishes to arrive. The salsa was ok, you could see fresh cilantro & onions, otherwise, I believe the base salsa is from a jar/can. I had the Alcapulco Special (tamale, flautas) and my husband had the Burrito Mexicano. Blah to both. The tamale on my plate was still doughy and it had unidentifiable meat & spices inside. One of the flautas (chicken) was good, but oily; the other (pork) had the meat charred so bad, I didn't even attempt to take more than a bite. My husband had ordered the steak for his Burrito Mexicano, he received some sort of beef that resembled a beef roast. Not impressed with this place at all. Service was ok, chips & salsa & drinks were always filled. We probably will not be back to El Toro.

• Visited April 2014
Richmond VA
“Decent Texmex”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Staying at nearby Hampton Inn and wanted a margarita-or 2-after long drive, this place hit the spot. Fajitas were great, the marg on the rocks only a bit too sweet (so many places use some kind of sugary mix, this seemed only slightly so).

Bit noisy on a Saturday night, kids, TVs, big groups -- but hey, that's fine.

Visited March 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Go to place - Close to home”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

El Toro is our go to place when we are in a hurry or need to be close to home. We have a relatively large group that frequents this location on a regular rotation. I have had good and bad experiences here but most of the time a good time was had by all. Language can be a problem at time but we know enough of the regular staff to solve any problems. Food portions are very large so you cannot leave hungry. They do get very busy so sometimes service can be slow.

Bottom line - this is a fun place to eat and we go frequently. Oh and parents, keep your kids out of the bar. We eat in there on purpose so as to not offend other with adult behavior and discussion so keep your kids off the high top tables and eat in the dinning room.

• Visited October 2013