“Good Cookie-cutter Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Piqua
“Good Cookie-cutter Restaurant”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

I normally avoid this type of "cookie-cutter" operation but I do have to admit it was pretty darn good. The location is very good and is really what led to our stopping there. We went around 8 PM on a Friday evening and the parking lot was packed, leading us to think that we might have a long wait, however; we were escorted to our table right away. The service was very good, prompt and courteous. When it comes to the atmosphere, don't expect a quiet, candle light table in the corner... It was loud, barn-like and covered in peanut shells... But that, I guess, is a good part of the 'charm'. The food was good, fresh and certainly a good value. There were three of us in our party... one of us had a steak, one had fish and I had chicken. The chicken was fresh, not frozen and that makes all the difference. The batter was light and crisp and worked well with the generous portion of chicken that was served. I also had a house salad which was good...not just a hand-full of lettuce in a bowl. But what I was most pleased with were the steak fries...normally I don't care too much for big, chunky hunks of potato....but these were great, well-seasoned, crispy and flavorful. So, all that having been said, I'd say it's worth a stop...I don't think I'd suggest going a hundred miles out of my way, but with its close proximity to I-70 you'll not go wrong stopping by.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Xenia, Ohio
“Great!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was quite impressed by the staff's teamwork and the service provided. My pre-meal salad was served quickly, as was my meal. The server (Laura) was very friendly and efficient. To top if off, the food was great! I hope to be able to visit this place again soon!

• Visited January 2014
Dayton, Ohio
“Love this place!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My boyfriend and I have been to this establishment several times for different occassions to include his birthday, our anniversary, etc. We always go for special occassions because it is so yummy and sometimes can get a little pricey. The service has always been top notch and the food is great!! He loves getting steak, but ventured out and got the ribs this past time. He claims they are the best ribs he has ever had. I tried them and they are indeed remarkable! I may get that next time. I have gotten the salisbury steak meal... the first time it was astounding. This past time it was mediocre. I always get the rice pilaf with it and it is awesome... definitely recommend getting the rice pilaf. I have also gotten the fried fish... maybe it's catfish? I don't recall. It was great and the portion was massive!! They also have peanuts sitting on the table for you to munch on. Brandon was our server the last time we went in and he was great.. amazing service! We also got margaritas... I got one that said pomegranate or berry or something. It was very good. I recommend going to this restaurant... it is great!

Sylvania
“Feel Good”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I think this is one of the most professionally run and friendly restaurant I have ever been in. Nicki and Jason were great hosts. Food was great...

Frankfurt, Germany
“A+ Texas Roadhouse Huber Heights, 02.10.13”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

What should i say? Another Texas Roadhouse with food, drinks and service to fall in love with! Coming inn late 910pm on our roadtrip from chicago and get a very nice welcome, a nice booth and a funny female server. Starting with their hot sweet bread and a cactus blossom, we get a filet 6oz and a biiiiiig T-Bone: all the food was cooked to perfection like it was ordered and was awesome! Together with a bud and a SamAdams, there was no room for a dessert! Service comes always with a smile, so that this dinner was a five star!! Would definately come back, if in this area!!