At first glance, this hotel looks great. The lobby is nicely decorated, they have a great seating area, free cookies, and clean hallways. The rooms are also nicely decorated, with modern furniture and tasteful artwork. The cups are individually wrapped, there is shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, and a card listing what other complementary toiletries are available at the front desk. HOWEVER, my room had a damp, musty smell, and almost seemed like it had once been a smoking room that hadn't been thoroughly cleaned out. Then I looked up. The ceilings look like they belong in a rec center swimming pool room. They were stained slightly yellow (old smoking room?), had cobwebs all over them (large ones), and to top it off: there were LARGE patches of mold along the ceiling where it met the wall. Not one, small patch. Many LARGE ones. It was gross. My coworker's room didn't have the mold, but had everything else. Also, my bathtub was cracked and rusting around the drain (about an entire 3 inch radius). This wasn't a big deal - as it was still clean - but not attractive nonetheless. The bathroom didn't have VISIBLE mold on the ceiling, but there were a number of damp spots and water stains - doesn't make you want to think about what's on the other side of those tiles.
Also, there were not very many options for breakfast. There was cereal and small danishes, but there really weren't any "to-go" options for business travellers. This wasn't a huge deal, just something to note.
Overall, I wouldn't stay here again. I would stay at the Hampton next door.
(P.S. My bathroom looked nothing like the one in the "professional photo")
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for visiting the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- Dayton Huber Heights. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- Dayton Huber Heights is easily accessible from both I-70 and I-75. We are just 6 miles east of the Dayton International Airport. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- Dayton Huber Heights is located within walking distance of several restaurants, which includes TGI Fridays who does offer our guest a 10% discount. Minutes away from the United States Air Force Museum, Wright Patt Air Force base, Wright State University, Miami Valley Hospital and University of Dayton along with many other local interests. We are conveniently located near many area companies such as Trimble, Aida, ABF, Bowser Morner, Beta Laser Mike, Delphi, General Motors, Dayton Frieght, FedEx and many more. Not only did we add the new hot Express Start breakfast but all rooms were also updated in January of 2008. The renovations include: new furniture, new and brighter lighting, all new granite bathroom vanities, beautifully framed mirrors, and all new curtains and to think that does not even include what we've done to our public areas. We also offer a meeting room for you and your associates. The meeting room can fit up to 45 people, perfect for a meeting, family gathering or shower. Need catering, let us take care of it for you. We also offer you a 24-hour business center. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights Hotel Huber Heights
- Holiday Inn Huber Heights
- Huber Heights Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights Ohio