“Nice property but......”

Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Huber Heights
“Nice property but......”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Older property that is in serious need of upgrades. Rooms we're clean but outlets loose in wall,entire faucet loose in bathroom,no outlets near bed to use. Looks as if some $$ need spent on maintenance and plumbing& electrical upgrades.
Staff was fantastic and rooms clean.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank ffdddd
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear ffddd,
Thank you for your comments and I want you to know that I appreciate you as our guest and your feedback. I am very sorry that the room conditions and the electrical outlet didn't meet your expectations. However, I want you to know that your concerns have been noted and we will be working to eliminate them as soon as possible.
Patty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff was very nice, the room was clean, the hotel has a pool and hot tub. Only criticism was that the bottom sheet was too loose on the mattress and the corners kept coming off as we turned over. And the tub surface had a few chips. Otherwise an excellent stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear pawilds,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us that we are doing a good job keeping the hotel clean. Our staff works so hard to keep the hotel clean. The chips on the tub have been brought to the maintenance departments attention and will be taken care of as soon as possible. We appreciate constructive information.
Thank you for staying with us.
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
Reviewed November 1, 2013

A typical HIE, this offered a friendly staff, a clean room and a good breakfast. Nearby restaurants are slim-pickings (mostly chain fare) but reception will offer discounts for some of them. It is an easy ride on the Interstate into Dayton and the attractions available there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear WendellR,
I appreciate that you have taken the time to share with others that you have stayed at our hotel. As you shared we are a great location to get on and off the interstate. We have many options for eating and shopping. We have a great staff that is always ready to make suggestions to any questions that you may have.

We look forward to the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the future.

Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room with a sleeper sofa, with the purpose to utilize the sleeper. When we pulled bed out, it was not made up for use. Also, there were no linens in room TO make bed up. When I asked at the front desk, she explained we have to get the linens at front desk, haul upstairs ourselves, as well as make the bed. Not what I expected when I am tired from traveling. On the up side, the pool was immaculate, clean & sparkly. My grand child was very happy with the microwave popcorn provided in the room. Beds reasonably comfortable. Location was good, close to I-70 & I-75. Free breakfast options were really good. Freshly made pancakes, hot cinnamon rolls, fruit, bacon, etc. Aside from the sleeper sofa problem, it was a decent, average place to stay.

Stayed October 2013
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear imahapppy,

I know that you are going to think that this is an excuse, but the reason that we are not able to keep the bedding in the rooms for the sofa beds is that there are too many opportunities that the bedding ends up being taken. There is also the chance that the bedding can be tampered with. After the bedding has been laundered we keep the bedding in a protected zippered cover so that we are sure that the bedding is in the best condition for the guest. With that being said, I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

MI
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed our brief stay here. Thank You so much for allowing us to check in so early. We drove 5 hours south on a Saturday morning to attend a 2PM wedding in Dayton. We made very good time and arrived well before the 3PM check in time. We were graciously allowed to check in which helped us so much. We had time to shower, iron clothes and even take a short rest. The front desk clerk was so helpful & cheerful. He double checked our directions to the church and reception then gave us a few pointers. Its the small things that made our stay so much better. The flat screen HD TV that could be moved around was helpful. Nice touch with the clear tote full of plates, cups, utensils and a can opener. Even tho we didn't use anything, it was nice to know it was there if needed. The bed was comfortable and the pillows plentiful. Breakfast the next morning was well prepared and consistant with other Holiday Inn Express. If we are even in Dayton area again, we would not hesitate to stay here and would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor facing the parking lot and had NO issues with either inside or outside nois...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doggy1
Dear Doggy1,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Your positive and encouraging comments help us do the best job that we can do for our guests. It makes our jobs so much more enjoyable when our guest tell us how happy they are when they have stayed with us and what a good experience they have had.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us the next time you are in the Dayton area.

Poona
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Arrived late in the night after a delayed flight. Had my reservations done before I arrived, the staff at the front desk was quite courteous and quick. Has quite a few restaurants that you can walk to. You should get some discount coupons for some of the restaurants at the front desk. A nice stay and I would definitely stay here again next time I am visiting Hubber Heights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear VDR1.
I appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review but most important I thank you for being our guest. We hope that you will get to stay with us in the future. I hope that you have safe travels wherever you go.
Wildwood, Missouri, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I arrived late afternoon and the hotel top staff was on duty. I felt like ROYALYTY!!! I made my reservations while on the road (almost there). Best price and amazing reception by the manager! I was welcomed with discounts from the local restaurants and given free access to internet, free bottled water and a litany of amenities that I cannot even explain! These folks are sweet, focused, available and extremely focused on providing an excellent experience. I highly recommend this location for anyone who is tired of the typical "oh yeah, you're here for the night" nonsense. For them, "you're our guests...for a minute or a week". The staff is amazing! They will try their best to remember your name! How cool is that? I had a restful sleep, a discounted meal and cold bottled water to send me off. I WILL RETURN!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rhonda T
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Your kind words make us work that much harder to make our guest have the best experience that they can have when they stay at our hotel. Hospitality is not just a word for us, it is an experience that we do work hard to give each and every guest. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share with others the positive experience that you had when you stayed with us. We hope that you have the opportunity to stay again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huber Heights
Hampton Inn Dayton/Huber Heights
Comfort Inn Dayton - Huber Heights
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Fairborn South

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights? Share your experiences!