“incedible customer service!”

Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Huber Heights
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I arrived late afternoon and the hotel top staff was on duty. I felt like ROYALYTY!!! I made my reservations while on the road (almost there). Best price and amazing reception by the manager! I was welcomed with discounts from the local restaurants and given free access to internet, free bottled water and a litany of amenities that I cannot even explain! These folks are sweet, focused, available and extremely focused on providing an excellent experience. I highly recommend this location for anyone who is tired of the typical "oh yeah, you're here for the night" nonsense. For them, "you're our guests...for a minute or a week". The staff is amazing! They will try their best to remember your name! How cool is that? I had a restful sleep, a discounted meal and cold bottled water to send me off. I WILL RETURN!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhonda T
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Your kind words make us work that much harder to make our guest have the best experience that they can have when they stay at our hotel. Hospitality is not just a word for us, it is an experience that we do work hard to give each and every guest. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share with others the positive experience that you had when you stayed with us. We hope that you have the opportunity to stay again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights

Reviewed June 6, 2013

From booking to check-in to check-out -- a fantastic stay!
Driving through Ohio on the way to Nashville, Tennessee -- we were tired and hungry after a long trip from Toronto. This Huber Heights property is close to the highway, but in a lovely area of residential and commerce -- not a busy city.
The property is well landscaped, and very appealing. There are large expanses of grass and trees, which would be great if you had little ones -- they could run around and play after being cooped up in a car!
Chris, the Manager at the front desk who was so accomodating and friendly -- making us feel "at home" right away.
Our room was very pleasant, clean, quiet and very comfortable.
Chris gave us a great recommendation for dinner -- we were able to walk just across from the hotel up a lovely road lined with trees to a steakhouse that for a chain restaurant was extremely good.
I made good use of the indoor pool which was very clean, though the spa was out of order while they are renovating.
In the morning, at the complimentary breakfast, I asked the attendant, a sweet lady named Joan, if they had any fruit other than bananas, as I was allergic -- she apologized that they had run out of apples and oranges...next thing I know, she has sent someone out to the grocery store to get me some! Now that is 5 star service, don't you think?
This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn property -- we usually travel with the Hilton chain -- but we used my husband's points accumulated through business travel, and were very impressed!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FenderandGibson
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Fender and Gibson,
We are so glad that you were able to stay with us. We strive to give all of our guests the same experience that you had at our hotel. We thank you so much for taking the time to share your great experience with all of the other readers. We look forward to the day when you get to return so that we can give you the same preferred treatment again. Safe travels. Patty

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had a reservation that somehow had me in a smoking room in a hotel that was full up for the night. The manager worked it out very quickly. He got with the maintenance team and got a room that was previously closed for maintenance up and running in about 15 minutes.

That is great customer service and I am very appreciative.

The room was good. The bed was a little soft, but I like a hard mattress so most commercial beds are too soft for my liking.

All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HeathSchneider
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Mr. Schneider, I am glad that our Manager, Brian was able wave his magic wand and make things work out for you. Nothing is worse than to get to a hotel and find out that your reservation is not what you thought that you had reserved. We look forward to you being able to stay with us when there is less drama involved with your reservation.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have come to expect a certain quality from Holiday Inn Express and this hotel was a big disappointment. For $133.00 a night this is what we got. In Room221 the beds were comfortable enough, but the sheets were scratchy and the pillows were lumpy whether the soft or hard versions Holiday Inn advertises. Our main concern, however, was the bathroom. I noticed right away that the sink was very slow draining and that the toilet seat "slid" off when you sat on it. I tightened the "bolts" underneath myself but they were stripped apparently. When we took showers to get ready for our evening event, we both ended up standing in shin deep water as it wouldn't drain out of the tub for either shower. Another main problem was the a/c. Fortunately, the weather was cool for May, so we were able to tolerate the temp in the room but it still felt damp and humid and never got cooled down. We reported the problems when we left for our event. The desk clerk said they would check it out while we were gone. When we returned he told us they "had cleaned a lot of hair out of the tub drain and it should work now." No possibility of changing rooms. From the run down condition of our bathroom, I would say this hotel has seen better days, and should have a quality check done by the Holiday Inn folks. Another party in our trip had a room on 1st floor and their room did seem to be a little better. So if you stop here, maybe you should ask for 1st floor?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shafaul
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We regret that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay at our hotel. We try to learn from all of our guests and we do take all of our guests comments seriously. Thank you for taking the time to help us do a better job at what we do. If you are in our area again, please give us another opportunity to have you stay with us.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

this guy was so friendly and helpful just plain great i travel alot and spend 2 nights a week in hotels and over 20 years have never stayed at a holiday inn if ever in area againi will go back.the room was very clean and fresh smelling non smoking room housekeeping staff did a great job.if in the area great place to stop.everything else you need is within a mile.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Norman K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a nice review. First, I would like to say "Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express world". We are glad to have you stay with us. We are so glad that Chris was able to be the best example of a Front Desk employee that a hotel can have. He is a friendly and helpful person and we are so grateful to have him as an employee. We are also very fortunate to have very caring employees that keep our hotel clean and ready for the next guest. We are also grateful for our wonderful location. As you commented, we are within a mile of iust about everything. I so hope that you get to visit us again in your travels. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Patty

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stopped in during a drive across the country. It's easy to get to off the interstate. We were tired, the beds were very comfortable, breakfast was good. Rates were competitive for this class of hotel. No compaints.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We are so glad that you were able to get a good night 's sleep when you stayed at our hotel. We feel that we have a great location and a great staff that helps to make all of our guest have the best hotel experience that they can have. Thank you for choosing us and we hope that we can have you stay with us again in the future. Come stay with Us!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been there in a business trip. All good specially the wifi connection pretty fast. Standard breakfast, room is clean, bed is comfortable. Staff at the reception is cordial and helpful. They are just missing one facility, laundromat that you can find in other HIE.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

We are glad that you have stayed with us before but there is one thing that is disappointing about your stay, I wish you would have just asked the front desk about the laundry. We have a full coin operated laundry right beside our elevator. If you get to stay with us in the future, please don't ever hesitate to call the front desk or ask any employee that you see in the hotel any question that you may have. We don't want you to need or want something when you stay with us that we already have and just not know it. Again, thank you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huber Heights
Hampton Inn Dayton/Huber Heights
Comfort Inn Dayton - Huber Heights
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Hampton Inn & Suites Dayton-Vandalia
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Red Lion Inn & Suites Dayton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights? Share your experiences!