“Interesting property location that fits a business traveler well..”

Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Huber Heights
Reviewed February 12, 2012

While working in the Dayton area for a couple of days I elected this property by chance and was not disappointed. As an "Express" I found the hotel to meet all basic requirements which is good. My room was very clean and the staff was very pleasant and accommodating which sounds expected but should be noted nonetheless. The walking proximity to a couple of local restaurants was a plus for me after driving all day not having to drive again to eat. I will consider this location again if I return to the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TeamTumi
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

We appreciate your positive review. We are so lucky to have so many choices for dining in our area that are all within walking distance. Thank you for "Staying Smart" at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

It was OK, good breakfast, tucked away just off the highway

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at the hotel with our two kids for a soccer tournament. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel and rooms were clean. The breakfast offering was good. Overall it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

We are fortunate to have many athletic teams stay at our hotel. We have a great outoor space for the teams to move around. Our breakfast is very pleasing for the teams as well as our other guests. We look forwar to having your team stay with us in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I gave this hotel 4 stars because the pros out weigh the cons.

Pros: The hotel from the lobby to the rooms are very clean and looks crisp. We had a king sofa room and it was huge. It included large work desk and chair, microwave, fridge, sofa, cocktaill table. It was very well lit with 5 lamps, free internet. Hotel also gives a free breakfast. The pool was large and although we did not use it many other guests did. The front desk gave us 10% off coupon for Texas Roadhouse which we used.

Con: We stayed on the second floor and the hallway had a strong smell of smoke. The room itself was smoke free but we think some odor came in under the door. The smoke in the room was very faint but you could smell tell it was there. It did not bother my but my wife gets headaches from smoke and she got one. If we stayed again we would but a towel along the floor of the door to block the smell.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank socntytiger
Reviewed July 12, 2011

After reading the previous reviews, I'm amazed that this is the same hotel. Fortunately, we were only staying for one night on our way to our final destination. The hotel seriously needs some maintenance with stains on the carpets and ceilings. Also, the floors (2nd floor at least) is mixed with both smoking and non-smoking rooms. The hallways and stairways just reeked of smoke - some fresh, some stale. We had to put a towel at the bottom of the door to reduce the smell in our non-smoking room. There were also pubic hairs in our tub; clumps of hair in the pool; and the hot tub water was a disconcerting yellowish brown color. Not worth the convenience of the I-70 location. I would check out the neighboring Hampton or look at the cluster of hotels nearly I-70 / I-75.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Luv2Trvl2Europe
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I stayed here on Friday night for a wedding the following day. The staff are super nice, accommodating, helpful. The hotel is extremely clean - everything looks new and shiny. We stayed in a smoking room, but we wouldn't have known. On entry the room smelled fresh and nice. Flat screen TV, coffee (and tea) maker, iron and board, all which I used while there. Beds were more than comfortable, with lots of pillows (marked on the pillowcase "firm" and "soft" - High thread count sheets. Large bathroom with good lighting. We got late checkout with no problem. The Bride and Groom checked into a suite - I visited there for a moment. It was large with fridge, wet bar, tub with jets, king size bed, bathroom amenities. Lots of info available for Dayton area. Reading material available. Rehearsal dinner was across the street at the Texas Roadhouse. Delicious and fun! Lots of restaurants around and yet the hotel is safe and secluded. Breakfast, boiled eggs, cinnamon rolls, waffles, toast, bagels, oj, milk and cereal. Oh and yogurt. No fresh fruit, which the bride-to-be wanted on her wedding morning. Bummer. Weak coffee and weak juice. I mean very weak. I slept well and woke up refreshed and ready for the day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2009

While staying at this hotel, I was very impressed with the staff, they were very helpful and would make any sacrifice for the happiness of the customer. The room was very clean, especially for a pet room, and I can't find one thing that I would have changed about it. The hotel was recently renovated, is in very close proximity to Interstate 70, there are a wide selection of food choices nearby, and overall this hotel is a great place to stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2009
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#16 of 45 in Dayton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Dayton-Huber Heights? Share your experiences!