“Sticky Bathroom Floor, Dirty & Dusty Room, Loud Heating Unit = No Sleep”

Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hubbard
Brookfield, WI
“Sticky Bathroom Floor, Dirty & Dusty Room, Loud Heating Unit = No Sleep”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have never writted a hotel review before, but this is the absolute worst hotel we have ever stayed in! We chose this hotel for its highway location, but it is convenient only to a horrible truck stop and two fast food places. Upon entering the room, the bathroom floor was sticky. We called the front desk, and shortly thereafter the front desk clerk arrived at our room with a mop and bucket. He appeared unkempt, and was attired in an untucked shirt and tie. Later I discovered the minifridge was dirty, the pillows had a layer of dust on them, and the heating unit roared to life with a deafening hum every ten minutes. We turned it off and tried to sleep in a cold room instead, but the thumping footsteps of other guests on the stairs kept us awake anyway. To top it all off, the breakfast provided in the morning was inedible. Yuck. No sleep and no breakfast for a completely wasted $100.34. Stay away!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bjoi104, Director of Sales at Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Wendy,
Though I thank you for your feedback, I wish it was on a more positive note. We, at the Best Western work very hard to ensure that our rooms are cleaned to the highest expectations. We are a multiple award winning property, and would not have become so with dirty rooms, or a lackluster breakfast offering. If you had any issues with your room besides your floor, we would have been more than happy to move you to a more suitable room. But nothing more was brought to our attention. Furthermore, we have high standards for our front desk staff and their appearance. If the gentleman’s shirt was un-tucked it may have been due to him mopping your floor. The room you stayed in was occupied the evening before, and therefore had no time to have dust settle onto your pillows since they are laundered, daily. Our breakfast has a wide array of choices from yogurts and fresh fruits to Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and our waffle station. I am sorry if you did not find anything suitable for yourself. Again, I am sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. I’m sure if you stay again, we will meet and exceed your expectations.

Sincerely yours,
Bianca Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very nice hotel for the price. Staff were very friendly and helpful about advice for restaurants, golf courses etc. they just seemed to care to make a difference. Room was nice and modern and clean with mini fridge and micro. Breakfast was nice with lots of choices. The property just felt right, if there was an issue they would fix it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bjoi104, Director of Sales at Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 330-534-5100.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Comfortable and clean accommodations. This is my second stay at this property (and this property is the one that made me decide to try the BW brand again). Almost as perfect as the first time - the only exception is a bit of wear over the last couple of years. Nothing major but the carpet in public areas is pretty ugly and dated and the elevator carpet IMHO wasn't as clean as it should have been.

Very near a Waffle House a Globe Restaurant (inside truck stop - very decent food and nice staff) plus a McDonald's and Arby's. Breakfast the hotel offers is adequate if you don't want to rush out in the morning - the BW Plus hotels offer a bit better breakfast but again if you need a quick bite this works great, especially if you have children.

The room was clean and comfortable. Bedding good though I wish you'd just get rid of bed covers since 90% of guests take them off the bed right then they walk in! TV was new flat screen and the remote was a clean technology one so you don't feel you can't touch it without cleaning it! Desk was nice to use computer at and WiFi worked great all around the facility.

The housekeeping staff is very friendly. The pool was excellent as was guest laundry. Stuck there for three extra days and both the pool and laundry were needed! Brandi (I hope that is her name) was a delight.

Front Desk staff was excellent and very accommodating. Being stuck in OH during Hurricane Sandy was not planned but they were able to roll with the punches and gave me an excellent rate for the additional days I needed to stay. I'd especially like to thank Patrick and David for their hospitality.

Would stay again. Only pet peeve (and not anything the hotel had control of) was people talking in the hallway very early in the morning. By very early I mean just after 3:30AM! People - others are staying at the same lodging you are. You rented a room. Go talk in that particular room about your upcoming shopping trip and your issues at work!! Oh and banging on your friends door at 5AM to tell them to get up is NOT COOL!! Use your cell phone or ask for a wake up call!!

Room Tip: Third floor is probably quieter - no one walking over your head. First floor near front desk is pro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
bjoi104, Director of Sales at Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Clean, good sized room. Breakfast area was clean, well stocked with a nice selection. Staff was very friendly and helpful to our needs. Stayed on the ground floor and the area was quiet inside and out. The surrounding area only has fast food places besides the restaurant at the truck stop (which we did not use). Close to many gas stations and of course the truck stops.
Would recommend if you are in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Ontario
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were very happy with our ground floor and super clean large room! The hot part of the continental breakfast consisted of microwaveable sausage packets and a great make your own waffle set-up. I especially appreciated their awesome coffee (we don't like weak coffee). All the reviews I have read on this hotel were accurate. We were located in a trucking area and the smell
of fuel was pretty strong, but it did not carry over into the hotel...I would recommend this one
as a good choice for proximity to golf courses in the area.

Room Tip: We were able to hear people banging/walking around above our ground floor room. If you are a light...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wegogolf
bjoi104, Director of Sales at Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012

Bracey, VA
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The room was large, very clean and well appointed, including an easy chair with ottoman where my wife sat and read. The breakfast area was unusually clean and the selection was better than usual. The only downside was the smell in the hall, which luckily did not carry over into the room. It is convenient to I-80 with a selection of gas stations. The only places to eat were fast food joints.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
bjoi104, Director of Sales at Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Rockaway, NJ
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed here on a road trip in July 2012. The hotel was right off the interstate, and we had a room overlooking the road. We could hear absolutely no noise from the traffic, which pretty much amazed me. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable.

There were only two things I did not like. The first was the fact that we were in a non-smoking room on the third floor. Although our room did not smell smokey at all, the hallway was horrible. We practically had to hold our breaths from our door to the elevator. One of my kids has athsma, so we all worried about that.

The other thing was the shower head. I think a very short plumber installed it. I am 5'10" and had to bend my knees to get my hair under the shower. That annoyed me.

Other than that, I would stay here again (but on a different floor.)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hubbard
Travelodge Hubbard OH
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Hampton Inn & Suites Sharon
Hampton Inn & Suites Sharon
#1 of 4 in West Middlesex

Been to Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!