“Average”

Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hubbard
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My biggest gripe was that I reserved a top floor non-smoking room and showed up early to make sure I got it. The hotel was full of youth wrestlers and I didn't want to be listening to the "herd"of kids running around all night long. Well they said that the room they had reserved for me was given to a customer that had decided to stay another night, and offered me a room on the first floor. I was not interested. She then offered to let me check out 2 smoking rooms on the top floor which I did and ended up staying in one. They also brought an "ionizer" to freshen the room while I was gone during the day. So they did make a decent effort to make a bad deal better. Price was fair. Suprised they still had smoking rooms, I thought it was illegal in Ohio.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a guaranteed reservation if you make a special request. I requested a top floor ro...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
brenda22, Manager at Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

I apologize that you feel you had a bad experience. We do our best to accomodate all requests but, unfortunately, they are not guaranteed and we are at times unable to fulfill all requests. We do understand your wanting to be on the top floor so as not to possibly be disturbed by your child's teammates, but unfortunately we had no more non-smoking rooms available on that floor on this particular weekend. We did our best to accomodate you, even though you chose to stay in one of our smoking rooms that, under current Ohio law, we are permitted to have a limited number of.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This hotel was amazing for the price and being a only a "Best Western". The business suite I had came with a couch, flat screen tv, microwave, and refrigerator. The business suite was honestly not badly priced at all and it had abundant room. As you come in you see an abundant amount of customer service awards and it shows, they had great customer service and were very nice and friendly. The only draw back might be that the couch looked older but if that is the only drawback I would stay there again in a heartbeat! When I was checking out I asked them why they were not a "Plus" they said it was because they wanted a nice place to be available for the truckers and if they went to Plus their prices would be too much for them. Very kind!

Room Tip: Get the business suite!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2012

nice friendly hotel very clean with lovely pool hot tub and gym. pool closes at 10. i feel too early could go on to 12am but still very nice. we liked the ground floor room because it was at the end and we could park the car next to the back door to load/unload. only drawback we could hear others walking about upstairs. rooms had a fridge which was a nice touch. a brilliant hotel for an overnight from chicago to washington dc for us. breakfast was very good in a large room. we recomend a good overnight stay from one city to another. good to visit youngstown also. if you like the american civil war.

Room Tip: ground floor to be close to your car.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank troy97
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel recently & enjoyed our stay. Took a room on the first floor but would choose one on the second floor next time. Could hear someone walking around at night & it was a bit noisy. Staff were very polite & helpful. The breakfast room is large & clean & we had a nice breakfast. We would definitely stay here again & would recommend this place to our friends. The hotel was very busy because of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the second floor, if possible. Staying on the first floor, would not deter us fro...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank samjones15429
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stopped here on a cross-country drive from LA to Boston and this hotel was a decent stop prior to driving home. Front staff was friendly and helpful, but having driven across country, the room was $10-$15 over priced for what we had paid for earlier in our trip. Still the rooms were large comfy queen beds, a clean bathrooms, towels, etc. We got up early so I didn’t get to enjoy the full breakfast, but I’m going to assume for what they had out at 5:00 am, they had the full-spread.

My only other complaint was that their hot tub wasn’t the most comfortable one I’ve been in: the seats were hard concrete, the jets seemed to point up instead of to the side and the water on the cool-side 80 degrees. But while I was in the pool area, I seemed to be the only one and that in itself was relaxing. Still, they should look at improving or converting the “warm noise machine” into more of a comfy hot tub.

It’s conveniently located off I-80, at the perfect distance from the road and there are a number of gas stations and fast food shops nearby, and mainstreet Hubbard about five minutes away.

I’d stay here again, but only if I had a long drive, otherwise, I’d probably look for something a bit cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Teddy K
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The Best Western Penn-Ohio is a very good choice for travelers on Interstate 80. It is in a smaller town but is very clean and has an indoor swimming pool which was great for our party that included four small road-weary kids. The rooms were clean and spacious and the breakfast was great and much better than most middle-of-the-road properties.

There are lots of good motels/hotels like this along the byways of America but if you're in the area, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Had reservation - check in prompt, friendly personnel at desk - room good size, bathroom average size - both spotless. Toilet seat protected by sanitized cover. Used pool, heated, good temp, not overly large but satisfactory to coof off in. Pool also clean.. Breakfast area clean, standard buffet items which were refilled as needed. Did not hear any noise, all night long. Convenient truck stop restaurant across highway with good selections.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank choochoogrampa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hubbard
Travelodge Hubbard OH
#1 of 4 in West Middlesex
Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA
Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA
#4 of 4 in West Middlesex

Been to Best Western Penn-Ohio Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!