“Cute little diner with good food”
Review of Erika's Emerald Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Erika's Emerald Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stopped for lunch and was very pleased. Sandwiches were tasty and service was prompt and courteous. Great alternative to fast food!

There are newer reviews for Erika's Emerald Diner

Reviewed April 25, 2012

This is a small back to the 50's type diner just about 1/2 mile south of I-80 on main street in Hubbard, OH. I was a bit concerned when we walked into the diner because there were no other customers, but we decided to try it anyway. The food was very good and about 10 minutes after we arrived 6 other groups came for breakfast. Service was very good, food was very good.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I was driving through Hubbard staying at local hotel and looking for dinner, while on a cross country drive from Los Angeles to Boston, and happened upon this diner.

You enter through the rear, which is a little bit confusing because there are two doors at both ends of the cars, but I didn’t find it so confusing that I ended up starving to death and eating roadkill on nearby I-80. So park in the rear and save yourself the awkward walk to both diner doors. (Also if you’re tall, watch your head entering and exiting the dining car, there’s a low ceiling)

Obstacles aside, the diner has decent food. It’s been six days since I ate there, so my memory is a bit faded (so watch something I write not be on the menu), I believe my dad had a Philly Steak and Cheese, while I had the Chicken Parm and both were affordably tasty. They’re open for breakfast, lunch or dinner, so frequented by locals. The service was very friendly and accommodating, even making a fresh pot of decaf for my dad.

For diner aficionados, it’s a restored diner car. My grandfather owned a similar one in the 1930s, 40s and 50s and my dad says this reminded him of the one located in Wollaston, MA.

So if you’re driving down I-80, or you’re at a nearby hotel, pass the usual fast food chains and stop by this place.