“Absolutely awesome”

Spearman's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Howard
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This little place in the middle of a little town called millwood is a jewel. I will say this is a place you have to try. I do not think anything could be bad. The baked pork chop was the best I have ever had. The amount of food is huge so if you are not full when you leave you have a problem. The price is not close to matching the food. The service was excellent and I my only complaint was not having room for the dessert Had to get it to go.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visit the area 3 times a year, and having dinner at Spearman's is a must. The service is great, and their menu is just amazing. If possible, I always have dessert, but usually end up taking it as a "doggie" bag. If you leave Spearman's hungry, well, you did something wrong.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Whenever we visit central Ohio, specifically the Mohican State Park area, we always visit Spearman's for a delicious home-cooked meal. The standard menu offerings, from steak to stuffed peppers varies seasonally and each offering I've tried is delicious. Of the many side dishes offered, the sauerkraut salad is my absolute favorite while my husband's is the bean soup. The cakes and baked goods are all homemade and mouthwatering. The white chocolate cake with generous fresh raspberries is a standout. The friendly welcoming owner devises clever dishes featuring fresh in-season specials in addition to the regular menu offerings which are all neatly hand-lettered on a chalkboard in this former gas station.The owner sincerely inquires about your satisfaction with your meal and the waitstaff are welcoming and friendly. The drive from Loudonville to Howard is beautiful rolling farmland with occasional Amish buggies alongside the curvy road, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for them. Since it's located in a small town, type Spearmans into your GPS and enjoy the ride. We've been visiting the Mohican area for the past 30 years and just found out about a couple of years ago through friends. The cozy atmosphere of Spearmans, combined with the amazing service and beautiful drive to this small unusual restaurant bring us back every time.Be sure to call ahead to verify hours of operation and wait time. The locals flock to this tiny restaurant for good reason and there can be a wait on weekend nights in the summer. Take my advice and wait. It's worth it. You can hike the calories off at Mohican State Park or by exploring Loudonville and Millersburg.

2  Thank Kellie_OH
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Whenever we stay at an area bed and breakfast, we make a point to go to this unique restaurant. Who would guess this renovated service station would offer such delicious meals? We had the chicken and dumplings. Absolutely terrific! You also cannot go wrong with their incredible homemade pies. Our waitress was extremely attentive and personable.

1  Thank Venice245
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is one of those hidden treasures - known to locals, but often overlooked by strangers. Don't let the gas pumps out front fool you - inside is a cozy and warm atmosphere, an even warmer welcome from the staff and a varied menu featuring lots of comfort-food favorites, a huge selection of salads, and home-made pies. The service is fast. The portions are huge. Everything is good, but my favorites include the holiday salad, the banana salad, the browned potatoes, and the Greek chicken cutlets. My husband leans towards the stuffed pork chop - which is a HUGE portion. All round good value and good eating!

1  Thank Woiyvonne