“Marriott for Family Reunion”

Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just had our family reunion and the front desk staff were great. We had our meet and greet in the lobby, which they didn't have to do. I do think the room attendants could use some training. We were there 5 nights and the beds were never changed. Even the way the beds were made was poor. Training the room attendants and you have a great hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Great-Grandmaj
Carrie S, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you so much for hosting your family reunion at the Holland Courtyard. I am glad to hear that our new lobby space worked out well for your meet and greet with your family! We work very hard to make sure each and every guest has a pleasant stay with us. I apologize for the housekeeping staff not cleaning your room up to Marriott standards. I have taken this opporturnity to use your comments to train our staff so this will not happen again. I look forward to hosting your family reunion again next year.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I so appreciated how helpful the front desk associate was on the night of August 13. I had mistakenly reserved a room for the night before and the hotel was sold out when I arrived. The associated helped me find a room at a nearby hotel and talked to his manager who ended up refunding me the deposit for the mistaken reservation. What wonderful service. I will definitely stay at this hotel again -- and will more carefully make my reservation on line. Also the renovation looked great. This was the first time seeing it since it was redone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scrabblerld
Becky T, Manager at Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are so pleased you found our staff to be helpful. I apologize that we weren't able to accommodate you on the evening you needed a reservation, but am pleased to hear that a member of our staff was able to assist you with finding a room at a neighboring hotel. Also, thank you for your comments regarding our recent renovation. We truly love all the improvements that were made during our renovation that finished in January 2013. We hope to welcome you, and your family back to our hotel on your next trip to Toledo.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Very nice reception area with very helpful staff. The restaurant area looked to be very new as well as the seating area and surroundings. Close to mall with lots of restaurants and easy access to the freeway.

Now here come the "buts"...room was a little dated but clean. No noise facing the parking lot. Bed was comfortable. The towels were very thin and worn.

I had to catch an early flight (545) so I asked for their shuttle. It did not run that early but they called a taxi for me and believe it or not, it was early (415).

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Elevator was a little noisy so I would stay away from rooms near it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our reception area, newly renovated lobby space, and staff. I apologize that you didn't care for the decor in our guest rooms, but they were all renovated at the same time as our lobby space. We finished our renovation in January, 2013. We are also in the process of replacing our guest room towels with new ones. We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip to Toledo!

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a long day at cedar pointe, the hotel was wonderful! The front desk agents were very friendly at check-in even though we checked in really late. The check out was fast and easy. The room was very comfortable and clean and most importantly quiet. Definitely coming back here when in town.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear you found your stay to be comfortable and quiet! Thank you for sharing the kind comments regarding our excellent staff! We strive every day to truly take care of every customer and welcome them to our hotel. We hope to welcome you back again on your next trip through Toledo, Ohio.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very clean, well appointed and friendly folks no hassle check in and out. The biggest downside was the odor in the room --- probably from the air conditioner. If you are near the pool expect some noise and the chlorine odor gets in the stairs and stays there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are very pleased to hear that you found our staff most helpful. We take pride in providing excellent customer service to all of our guests. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

There was absolutely no recognition for Marriott REWARDS ELITE members... no upgrade, no breakfast.... Even when I asked about an upgrade and/or breakfast I was told we have different rules for the Courtyard properties.
Lobby was nice. Upon cleaning, they gave us one clean towel (there were 3 in the room) left dirty towels in room and did not replace when cleaned even though we left them on the floor they hung them on the shower rod! Same with hand towels... left the dirty ones and gave us 2 clean washcloths. A bit noisy but was tolerable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wendymae1
Becky T, Manager at Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Hello-
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience at our location. We highly appreciate each and every one of our Marriott Elite Rewards members that stay at our property and I deeply apologize that you did not receive the recognition you were expecting upon your arrival at our hotel. We certainly try to upgrade our valued members whenever possible, and I apologize that a complimentary upgrade wasn't available during your stay. Complimentary breakfast is not a feature that is offered at Courtyard by Marriott properties to Marriott Rewards members. Rewards members can rather take advantage of that benefit when staying at our full-service hotel properties where a concierge lounge is present.

We are excited to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby space! We love working in the space where we truly get to connect with our guests.

I hope that you will accept my apology for the housekeeping service you received while staying with us. I can assure you that I have reviewed your comments with my housekeeping staff, and we will be working to improve those areas which were not up to your expectations. We invite you to stay with us again on your next trip to Toledo, Ohio.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here as the host hotel for a wedding. I thought the lobby was very nice and check in went smoothly. The first night, coming from 110 degrees, I wanted to enjoy the cool night air. I opened my sliding door and felt the cool Ohio night air. Unfortunately, I also heard more traffic than when I stayed in Manhattan. Between the two freeways, and the four trains that blasted through all night, I couldn't enjoy the fresh air. Even with the door shut, it was pretty noisy all night.
Housekeeping did not come to the room on Saturday, and they claimed my do not disturb sign was on all day; which it wasn't. The Bistro had limited options and all the breakfast foods were pre-made and contained meat. We opted for the Bob Evans out the front door, which is another story.

Would not stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello-

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby space and experienced a smooth check-in. I hope that you can accept my apology for your room not being serviced on the Saturday of your stay with us. Our housekeeping department checks stay over rooms for "do not disturb" signs throughout the day and I greatly apologize that we missed servicing your room. While all of our Bistro sandwiches do contain meat, we offer many meatless breakfast options in the Bistro. I hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate the quality and service we are capable of providing on your next trip to Toledo, Ohio.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holland
Quality Inn Airport
Quality Inn Airport
#3 of 6 in Holland
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee

Been to Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland? Share your experiences!