See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The place was not very clean, needed sweeping, mirrors not clean. Bed was ok and clean. The rooms needed updating. We were put in between noisy people. In and out of their cars all night long. We ask to be put in a quiet location. The breakfast was not very good either. Place were to eat needed to be updated. Food needs to be better.

Room tip: Not very good to go to. Price was good. Good location, near a mall and restaurants but needs updating.
Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank Sharon W
Peter M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2017

Dear Sharon W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that this was your experience while staying at our hotel. I just want you to know that our rooms are being renovated and are inspected daily for cleanliness and maintenance issues. I do apologize about the loudness of other guests. If there is a room preference you have next time you come into town, I can be sure to accommodate you. Please give me a call at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Purposely booked this hotel because of the in-room hot tub, to use after riding a motorcycle for about 9 hours. The raised hot tub had NO step to get in. I am not short, but we both had a hard time getting in and out and it is actually quite dangerous.
The 'gentleman' who checked us in was arguing on the phone with a potential guest as I now read from others. The only 2 good things I can say is that the towels were very soft and the a/c worked really well.
The room is very dated, and did not look like it was a clean as others we have stayed in that are part of the Choice hotels group.
I would seriously consider renting somewhere else if you have a choice.

Room tip: Book somewhere else
Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank WINGGIRL66
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We came to this motel after we had a fire in our house, our contractor is paying for this. Just staying while home is being repaired. We thought it was ok at first, free wi-fi, a microwave,fridge.
It has definately NOT been ok here. The first night we were scared out of our minds because there were people outside all evening and into the night who appeared to be engaged with a drug deal. After that, there were men who were outside our room all evening talking and singing every evening for a week. We were afraid to leave the room to go out to the car.

We have two beds, and they are definately NOT full size. The mattresses must be very old because my back is hurting and it is difficult to get any rest. There are cigarette burns in the blankets; my room is supposed to be nonsmoking. As to cleanliness, the staff do not even come to remove the trash or clean the toilet. You can have clean towels if you ask. I quickly discovered that the microwave cord did not reach an outlet! In addition, the majority of the outlets in the room need updating and do not work. And the fridge. The seal on the fridge is not good, and the fridge will not keep things cold. There is no ice bucket for the room either.

The free continental breakfast?? Not my definition of a continental breakfast. Bananas and on occasion strawberries. Two different kinds of stale cereal and doughnuts. I have watched the manager take the uneaten doughnuts and put them in the freezer for the next day.

And the manager of this motel was foreign and extremely difficult to communicate with. It was difficult to understand him, and when telling him something he typically had a standard response. Getting him to understand what was being said was not easy, and generally not worth the bother.

I would not recommend this motel to anyone. Even at a bargain price it is too much!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank DMontgomery88
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very nasty!! I wanted my money back after checking in and finding a used condom in my bed. Also found semen stains all over the bed spread!! Carpet looked as if it wasn't vacuumed in a decade! Opened drawer to use phone book and wow again, a used condom wrapper and a Baggie of some type of dope. Area is run down and also nasty.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Gdjuio

Dear Gdjuio,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. I would like to assure you that our rooms are being inspected everyday for cleanliness and maintenance issues to keep our guests satisfied. Please call me at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were dubious the moment we arrived in the parking lot.
Front desk clerk was arguing with someone rather loudly on the telephone when we entered what was supposed to be the lobby. He addressed us with an abrupt 'Name?" then 'Oh.', practically flung the room keys at us and continued with his telephone argument.
The room was filthy.
It smelled of mustiness.
The rings around the tub and toilet were gross and the bed smelled moldy.
We left our bags and went out for a bit.
Upon return, the desk clerk was nowhere to be seen nor was anyone answering the house phone.
Just for our peace-of-mind, we unmade the bed and weren't all that shocked to discover bedbugs.
We took our bags and left.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank thevinoboy

Hello thevinoboy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I apologize that this is what you experienced while staying at our hotel. Please call 419-866-6565 to disscuss your stay further and so that we can make it right. Thank you