“Disappointed in Hawthorne”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/toledo Area
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Holland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Overall disappointing. Reserved a smoking room and they give us non smoking. The first room they gave us the door pushed open without the key. Requested a new room and they gave us a room that was being used as a storage unit. Finally got a third room with a door that locked and it was alright. It wasn't dirty but it was not up to my standards as far as clean goes. And also the balcony off of our room made me very uneasy being out there the wooden boards moved and it didn't seem safe.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Reviewed August 27, 2013

They left the front door open to my room the whole day while we were at Cedar Point. The room was dirty. There was a stain on the pull out couch mattress along with crumbs, dirt and change. Our room had flying bugs from the front door being left open for 5-6 hours. The hotel told us they would refund us our stay and then tried to instead give us credit to stay 1 night there free if we were ever there again. Expedia was not user friendly and made us call back the hotel twice to try to get room credit. The "heated" outdoor pool was freezing. The hot tub was a joke among the guests saying Its so hot I bet you can last 5 minutes in it. They were right. It was easily the WORST EXPERIENCE I have ever had at a hotel. If you like dirt, stained mattress, peeling grout and rotting bathroom floors this is the best place for you. If not, find somewhere else. Expedia owes me 2.5 hours of my life back by making me do all the grunt work by calling the hotel back over and over. I am done with Expedia as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Reviewed August 15, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here a family of five using some points we had earned, the hotel is severly runned down in dire need of renovation and some modern touches, It looks creepy and scuzzy once you enter. The suite itself was clean, and spacious but because of it's appearance I couldn't sleep and became vey itchy, although this could have been in my head and I never saw any bugs, \I checked the beds, kitchen..the overall look reminded me of a scuzzy hotel. I wanted to leave, the whole appearancce in Toledo was blah..I wanted to go home. Unless the hotel gets a majoy renovation and loses the dim appearance, I won't stay here again. I am itchy just thinking about it, I want to leave, oh and let's not forget the train noises overy two to three hours while you try to sleep....Erika very nice lady, not sure about the other one, never saw her..I hope I don't have to wash all my clothes, so glad I didn't bring my luggage and clothes in here, just quick toiletries and Lysol to spray, I even thought that maybe the never changed the sheets they stunk...

Room Tip: DOn't judge a hotel by the pictures you see...