Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/toledo Area
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Holland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I have never stayed in a hotel room this large before. My room had a livnging room two bedrooms with king size beds. two bathrooms and a kitchen. The only bad part was it was on the second floor and their was no elevator. I will definetly stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for first floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I have stayed here a few times; it was a Residence Inn (one of the originials!) and *very* briefly a Studio 6. I love coming here when I visit family because of the room to spread out. My son is now 3 1/2 and does well here (look back in my history for report when he was 13 months). The breakfast is still good and the room is comfy. I just wish the owners would put some money into painting and the like. I have staying at this property off and on for the past 10 years and never have been disappointed with the service, just the look of the place.

This time a school group of Wrestlers and their families bought out about 70% of the rooms. Since they all came down for breakfast at exactly the same time, things were a little tight at that point and I came back later. Not much the hotel could do about that.

There is a full kitchen in the place so if you feel like bringing or buying supplies, you could never go out to eat. The Penn Station Subs across the street was yummy.

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor in your reservation--no elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2011

As someone who travels every day for business I enjoyed the look and feel of this hotel. The rooms feel more like a place away from home than a stuffy hotel room. It appears to be an efficiency apartment complex that was converted to a hotel. The suites include a full kitchen, dishes, silverware and fireplace. The suite I was in included a sofa bed so the suite could comfortable fit 4 adult guests. The location was perfect. Grocery stores, shopping, places to eat- everything I could wish for was within a 3 mile radius. The staff was very polite and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Toledo area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This is not a new hotel. It feels more like an old apartment complex that was turned into a hotel. The price was reasonable, but the exterior is looking very worn. The rooms are clean, but feel like they are out of the 80s. For the area and price it is ok.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This place is great. An amazing value. Really clean and worth the short drive off the highway.

The rooms are in a variety of small buildings - kind of like a small condo complex.

I recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We stayed here on the first night of our two week cross country road trip. We checked in around 8:30pm and the staff was very helpful.

When we pulled around to park, we noticed that the hotel looked less like a hotel and more like rehabbed efficiency/studio apartment complex. It was off-putting at first, but it was clean and quiet once everyone got out of the pool. (There was quite a crowd by the pool - maybe a team was staying locally? They were quiet once 10pm rolled around.) The rooms are in stand-alone, 8-unit square blocks, from what I could tell: 4 rooms on the bottom, 4 on the second floor with stairs up on the exterior.

The interior of the room we had came fully-equipped with a kitchenette, dishes, and silverware. Useful to know if you're staying in and cooking instead of heading right next door to the Texas Roadhouse. (When I say "right next door," I mean they share a fence!)

It was also nice and cold in hot and humid Toledo thanks to a stellar AC unit. We slept well, all bundled up in a large California King bed.

We paid $83 for the night, which is a little expensive for what we got if you ask me, but it was the best we could find in the area, which was pleasant enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Don't let the modest appearance of this hotel fool you. This place is perfect for the business traveler who is paying his or her own expenses, or who is trying to save his boss or his client a buck or two. I have stayed at this hotel 5 times for a total of about 14 or 15 nights. It is a terrific place and an incredible value. For the price of a modest hotel chain, you get a good sized efficiency apartment with a nice kitchen and bathroom area. You also get a bountiful breakfast and, SURPRISE, a buffet every evening (Mon thru Thursday) that might as well be dinner. One night fried chicken, one night chili, one night burgers on an outdoor grill, along with bread, side dishes, and dessert. Believe me; there is been plenty to eat if you are too tired to go out.

In addition, the location is first rate for the business traveler, as there is a plethora of restaurants and stores nearby, not to mention being next to the interstate while only 12-13 minutes from downtown. You park right in front of your room, get a newspaper every day, and receive free internet and can enjoy a regular sized coffee pot in the room. If you are in the Toledo area for a few days you cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: Ask to be located away from the folks staying by the month, of which there are some.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JoeRubino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Quality Inn Airport
Quality Inn Airport
#3 of 6 in Holland
Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland
Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/toledo Area? Share your experiences!