“Home away from home.”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillsboro
Middleport, Ohio
“Home away from home.”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I just wanted to let everyone know how much I enjoyed my stay at this property. I average 280 nights a year in hotels, so I'm a fair judge of any hotel stay. This place is has a lot to offer. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool area is nice, and they have also have a great workout room, with nice up to date equipment. The breakfast facilties are always clean and well stocked. With all that said, the biggest asset of this hotel is it's staff. I've stayed here often, and I have never ceased to be amazed by how efficient, friendly, and helpful the staff all are. At the front desk you'll be greated by a smile from Janet, Annette, Mark, and Jay. They have added a few new folks in the front desk area as well, and they are shaping up to be top knotch people too. These people actually all go out of there way to be helpful, plus they are always up for interesting and often meaningful conversation. The housekeeping staff are also very good and trustworthy. They have never balked at any request I've had, or complained about me rearranging the office setup in my room. If you're in the area be sure to stay here, all the staff here really understand what the service industry is about!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank BCrane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The location is a small town. Horrible hotels in small towns, right? But I was wrong. I walked in and the lady at the front desk was beyond nice, friendly, and cute. She had a smile that truly would blow you away. Her respect for you was amazing. She made sure she went out of her way to say hi to me and ask just how things were. Made my business trip seem more like I was at home. I travel a lot and this is the first trip I have ever taken in 45 years that I felt I was in my second home. The whole staff was amazing and so generous, I was just amazed with the first lady. Her name was jaime I do believe and she just made me realize the stay would be worth it. I ended up staying a little over a week and loved it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank tiffany2405
travelalot
Reviewed July 13, 2008

This is the second time my family has stayed at the Days Inn in Hillsboro, Ohio and we were very happy with our stay. We were there for several days visiting family and I was happy to come back to the Days Inn. The pool was out of commission the entire time we were there and it was a disappointment, but they were working on fixing it and I'm sure it's up and running by now.
The Days Inn has new mattresses, comfortable furninshings, micro and refrigerator in every room. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the staff beyond friendly. There is a basic but good continental breakfast, (waffles, bagels, apples, bananas, etc.) and a morning paper. You are in short driving distance of reliable restaurants and shopping, and a short walk (although uphill) to a megaplex.
This hotel is not fancy but it gives you a happy, good night's rest at an exceptional price. Bravo!

• Liked — Value!!
  • Disliked — The pool was out of commission.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank travelalot97
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 10, 2008

I travel here several times a year and the next closest hotel one would not be afraid to stay in is 30-45 mins away, so this is it. The rooms are reasonably clean, and the beds are comfortable. They advertise a fitness room, but it's a 10X10 room with an exercise bike and a broken weight machine. The continental breakfast is pretty spartan; I've taken to bringing instant oatmeal when I come. I wouldn't stay here if I didn't have to.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank HenrySWashington_DC

Travelers are raving about these Hillsboro hotels

Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed January 4, 2008

Stayed at this hotel Dec 23 to Dec 26, 2007 with my husband, adult son and mother-in-law while visiting my parents over Christmas. This hotel is a little tired around the edges but I highly recommend it as the best there is in Hillsboro. We rented two non-smoking rooms one with 2 double beds and one king. Both rooms were spacious and extremely clean. Both had microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers which all worked. The king room had a jacuzzi tub which did not work, however we did not rent the room with the assumption that it did. If you are looking for that amenity I would call ahead and make sure the room you rent has a working jacuzzi. The shower head was really nice and had several settings. The curtain rod in the bathroom was loose but functional, there were some small tears in the fabric of the chair in our room. However, don't let these small problems prevent you from staying here. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable, TV's have basic cable and HBO. The free Wi Fi was a great plus and easy to hook into. It was generally quiet except for garbage day when the truck rumbled by at 5 am. Parking is tight, if you are towing a trailer I would call ahead and see if alternate parking is available. The continental breakfast was very basic with coffee, tea, juice, bagels, muffins, fruit, toast, limited cereals and one day they had a waffle maker going. There are plenty of chain restaurants very close by (possible walking distance but no sidewalk) so lots of breakfast, lunch/dinner choices. Walmart, Kroger and other shopping opportunities are within 1/2 mile. There is a movie theater right next door. One thing to be aware of is that it is a two story hotel with no elevator. Not a problem for us but make sure you request a first floor room if stairs are a problem. There is a small outdoor pool (closed for the winter of course) and a fitness room which we did not investigate. There is a YMCA nearby which offers limited guest passes. The photos on the hotel website are accurate. I will definitely stay there again and would recommend it.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank SallieK
USA
Reviewed May 14, 2006

I rarely stay at Days Inn's due to several bad experiences in the past. My travels on this weekend took me to Hillsboro, where the Days Inn was the only national chain hotel. I was told by a friend that it was a good Days Inn, so I decided to give it a shot.

This is a very respectable hotel. Bed was comfortable, full complement of TV channels, bathtub had jacuzzi-style jets that I had a nice soak in at night. No problems with noise even though the hotel was full both nights.

An easy improvement would come by expanding choices in the continental breakfast. The hotel would be much better off if it had been built on just a slightly larger piece of land, the parking and driving around the building are very tight, but I realize that is not under the control of the hotel staff. I plan on staying at this hotel again when I come to this area next year, it does well in meeting my needs.

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank UndercoverAngel
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2006

As a frequent business traveler I was in Hillsboro for 3 days. The Day's Inn was the only "chain" hotel in town. After a long drive I checked in rather late. The parking lot was full, and I had to park way in the back and walk around on a very icy parking lot to get in. My first impression was of the unprofessional staff at check-in. They were horsing around and I finally had to ask if I could check in. The room was, as other reviewers have said, just plain dirty and uncomfortable. Even the remote had tape holding in the batteries which fell out when you tried to use it. I called to the front desk for an iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and information to access the internet. I had to walk to the desk to pick up the 1937 vintage iron and the 2-foot long ironing board. And they were all out of hair dryers. The internet access is basically unplug the telephone to use the dial-up. The iron also spewed forth a yellow, rusty liquid that ruined my white shirt. Of course, the hotel is not responsible for that. The best part is that 2 nights in this dump cost me 184.80. Recommendation; when in Hillsboro, stay in a neighboring town, and not at this dive.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
6 Thank paulherman2016
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsboro
Comfort Inn - Seaman
Comfort Inn - Seaman
#1 of 1 in Seaman
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington
Wilmington Inn
Wilmington Inn
#5 of 5 in Wilmington
Holiday Inn Express Washington Court House
Holiday Inn Express Washington C...
#1 of 3 in Washington Court House
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Washington Court House
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Wash...
#3 of 3 in Washington Court House
Paragon Inn
Paragon Inn
#2 of 2 in Hillsboro

Been to Days Inn Hillsboro? Share your experiences!