“Family fun, food is decent”
Review of Dave & Buster's

Dave & Buster's
Ranked #53 of 140 Restaurants in Hilliard
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Niceville, Florida
“Family fun, food is decent”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been to several D&B's over the years. This one is just average. The food was good but not great and the prices were a little high. The waiter really didn't seem that knowledgeable about the menu, or that overjoyed to be serving us, but he pulled it together in the end. All 6 of us had sandwiches: 3 burgers, 1 Philly, 2 Chicken sandwiches, plus some guacamole and chips - everything was tasty and well-made - but the prices were all right around $10 and we were trying to order cheap so the kids could play more.
-Special food notes: the menu doesn't say but you don't have to have fries, you can choose from several other sides
-The portions were fine for us adults but my big-eating teens could have each eaten another cheeseburger meal.

The game room is great for all ages - this one had billiards as well as arcades, which is great for grown-ups. There are games for everyone, ski-ball and basketball, dance games (which looked like a real workout), shooting games, "coin-drop" games, air hockey, wheel of fortune and all the normal games you'd expect to find in an arcade.
There were only 2 signs for "out-of-order" games, so this place obviously keeps up with maintaining the arcades. I had one small problem with a game and they came right over and made it up to me with tickets and tokens.
Most games spit out tickets based on "winnings". The tickets can be saved up and added together to "earn" prizes at the "Winner's Circle". I've seen much better prize rooms and choices at other D&B's, but they had the standard teddy bears, t-shirts, expensive video games, X-Box 360, silly things, junk toys, and candy. The prizes should not be your goal because they cost a lot of tickets and it would be cheaper to buy these things outright at a department store. But if you are there to have fun playing games and just think of the tickets as a bonus, you won't get disappointed.
Gaming notes:
-Tuesday is family game night
- Wednesday is half-price games night (best deal)
- Sun-Thurs you can turn your meal into a "power play" and get a great deal on food and play combined. This is not available on Friday and Saturday night (when you will pay full price for everything).
-You can save tickets to your "Power Card" (the card you add money to so that you can play games), and save them up until you have tens of thousands of tickets and then get a decent prize.
- Games marked "New-Free play" from the ceiling are the newest games. If you wait until your power card is out of playing funds, you can play these games for FREE to try them out.

Other notes- there is free WIFI, just ask for the password
- there is a note in the menu that tells you to join the D&B club and get $10 of play tokens, we hurried to do this at dinner so the kids would have more play time, but you have to wait 48 hours for an emailed coupon, so plan ahead if you can.

• Visited August 2013

Akron, OH
“Kids had fun”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Overpriced food but it was tasty - even though they messed up quite a few orders . (we were in a large party)

Visited July 2013
Bellefontaine, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dave and Buster's”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great food with a big selection to choose from. So there is something for everyone. Lots of games for kids and adults of all ages. I have been there 4 times and will go again.

Visited April 2013
“Clean, fun, good service, good food, games always well-cared for”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were here a lot in 2011 and early 2012 and have been back twice in 2013. If you have kids and want game selection, this is the location to choose locally, not Polaris. The way it is arranged is better for watching your kids, too, and safety is important.

I saw the other reviewers say this place is a little pricey. I agree with that, but you get what you pay for. Best advice is to join the Rewards club and go during the special hours and during happy hour. Note on the special hours -- they do not seem to usually include in the all-play the ticket games, so just plan on playing those before or after your special hour begins.

We really like the food. We really like the chicken fajita platter. Two of us can split it. We also like the fondue for a special treat. Also, I like some of the specialty drinks and that is not usually something I appreciate. Decent beer selection. Service is good but can be a little slow, but we always sit in the booth area near the games, so the kitchen is far away. The servers really try to take care of you. A manager usually visits the table.

Now the rest of this is really for their corporate management. I have had repeated problems getting my Rewards emails and status reports. This has gone across multiple platforms and devices. Different problem each time. Currently, for example, the Rewards status cannot be seen on the mobile version. Isn't that Rewards program supposed to be their marketing backbone? Also, you cannot see any audit or trail of your Rewards online - you would have to manually do this with your paper receipts somehow. Now, I am really organized, but that would really take some effort especially becasue being in an arcade is a little chaotic.

Another note to management. Your menus are gorgeous. It is just too challenging to read what is available and understand the special deals amongst all the chaos. We are experienced D&Bs customers and still even have troubles walking newbies through it when they join us for the first time. Simplify how the menus and swatches are organized and standardize. I think it makes people feel overwhelmed and wary of being ripped off. Also, for some deals you have to go to front counter and cannot do through the server and this adds to the chaos of trying to enjoy your meal, watch the kids, etc. I would not go here alone with kids under the age of nine due to all this.

• Visited March 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Arcade”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food here is decent but this is by far the best arcade I've been to although I haven't been to many. It is a bit expensive to play (about $20 an hour) and the prizes cost a lot of tickets but the arcade games are quite fun. I found it unique that you could play doodle jump on a HD screen with a joystick or play fruit ninja on a TV. This is definitely a worthwhile visit if you have kids or if you're a college kid yourself.

• Visited March 2013