“Just Okay”

Cuisines: Diner, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went here expecting the food to be a lot better than it was. As an appetizer we had the Chunky Chili and Tortilla Soup. The chili had a piece of jalapeno cornbread submerged in the middle of the bowl. I like spicy food, but this chili was super spicy to the point it overpowered the flavor and I could only eat a few bites. The tortilla soup was served with a few tortilla chips on the side. It was thick and tasted very similar to the chili, just not as spicy. As an entree we split the Cajun Chicken Melt and Sweet Potato Fries. The sandwich was good, the avocado tasted fresh and overall had a good flavor. The sweet potato fries were rather bland, they are not served with any type of dipping sauce other than ketchup. The service was very good and I loved the decor.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

They have great menu items, but the best choices are from the daily specials. I have never had a bad meal at Starliner! Breakfast is great too! Don't expect fancy, because it is far from that! If you want a fun place with great staff and unique food...this is the place for you!

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I had been wanting to give this place a try for quite sometime and fnally made it happen. So glad I did! You walk in and it feels like the perfect blend of a Mexican restaurant and a diner. All of the staff were great, from the friendly and accommodating host to the server. The service was great. We were seated, ate and paid very quickly, with 6 plus two small kids. Pretty good if you ask me! The food was great. You have to get the plantain appetizer! Delicious! The Cuban casserole is also outstanding! It's not on the menu, but is usually a special. Do yourself a favor and try this place! I will be back!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The menu is unique with Latin American and American dishes. The decor is very retro. All of the selections I've ordered have been excellent, but I especially recommend creole macaroni and the fried plantains are very good.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here last night. I had the Chicken Mojono(?) special which was excellent. My wife has a gluten allergy and their menu is marked with a GF for gluten free. I just love the atmsophere here.

Been to Starliner Diner? Share your experiences!