“Poor quality”

Add it.
Tequila Mike's
Cuisines: Southwestern, Spanish, Healthy
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was enthusiastic about trying this new restaurant that was being heavily promoted through the Hilliard Chamber of Commerce. Their menu looked ambitious. Unfortunately, I was completely disappointed. They are supposed to be known for their tequila, but their margaritas were worse than Jose Cuervo pre-mixed margaritas from the grocery store. We ordered their "famous" spinach dip that mostly just tasted like cream cheese. Bland would be putting it way too nicely. The burgers were unimpressive as well... the bun disintegrated in my hands from the juices from the patty. My husband ordered a burger that had avocado as a topping, and the avocado was placed directly on top of the patty instead of over the lettuce were it wouldn't turn so much to mush. We were excited about sweet potato fries. When they came out, they went from frozen to burnt. I know that GFS has better sweet potato fries frozen in a bag and better pre-made spinach dip than what we had at this restaurant. Some may say I'm picky because my husband is a chef, but we will never go back to this place. It seems like someone had a great idea for a restaurant but knew nothing about how to run one or how to cook. The owner was there and he seemed completely new to the restaurant business and didn't seem to know how to interact with customers or run the place. Even the decor looked half finished and half-assed.

1  Thank saraheo83