“Not bad, but could be a wee bit better”

Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here on business. Not a bad hotel and the location is right off I270 which makes it easy to find.
The hotel presents itself like every other Hampton Inn. Maybe a tad older, but still reasonable nice. The breakfast area was large and spacious enough to accommodate several guests. The breakfast itself was decent and offered the usual options.

The room I was given was a slightly different matter...
When I first walked in I found that the underfloor beneath the tile appeared to be broken and raised in one spot. The grout was also broken. Whoever repaired it did a pretty poor job.
Checking the rest of the room, I noted that the floor by the bed was also uneven and sunken down in one section. I questioned the cleanliness of the floor after finding a bit of food on the carpet. I'll admit that it would have been hard to get with a vacuum (it was in-between the bed and the night stand).
In the bathroom, the counter was fine as was the toilet. The tub was the only unfortunate thing here. There was still hair on the tub wall. Yeah, pretty gross. Not a lot, but it's something that should have been caught by guest services.
The bed was probably the best thing in the room. Very comfy, but I had a hard time getting past some of the other things in the room to make it near-perfect.
I brought this up with the front desk when I checked out. They seemed to be concerned and said they would look into it which is a good thing. Hopefully it's restricted to only that particular room. Overall the rest of the hotel was pretty decent. Would I come back? Yes.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The only negative i have is the mattress needed replaced very badly..worn out...and be sure to take valuables with you..our room could be opened with a credit card slide in sideways. THIS is probably a problem with all door locks in hotels..but this one was opened in 20 seconds.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marianng
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Minor cleaniness issues. Had to fix a minor issue with the toilet. Beds weren't the best to sleep on. Hotel is very noisey. Continential breakfast was good. Over all it was a good stay. Love that they have a frig and microwave in rooms.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I researched online for this property and read some of the reviews as well family recommended this hotel and it was great! Even though they are doing restructuring, we were very impressed with how clean everything was. We had a room with king size bed and it was so comfortable..the best we have slept on. I had no backaches at all the 3 nights we stayed. Our linens smelled good & clean, with a frig and microwave in room so that saved on going out to eat. The Continental breakfast was great and we enjoyed the size of the breakfast room. Lots of room to sit and great variety in breakfast offerings. You couldn't go wrong. 24 hour coffee and that was a plus for us. When we came in the desk receptionist, Erika, was so pleasant and gave us good information. You just felt welcomed here. And, there was even a lot of children here for local competition and they were kind enough to book us on the 4th floor so we would not be disturbed. Just all over a very nice place to stay. Great color scheme and nice open feeling to the lobby. Again, they are redecorating and I would love to see the finished project!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed one night for an event the next day at the Columbus Convention Center and were pleased with this hotel. It was clean throughout except for a few small things housekeeping missed in our room, but they were very minor issues. There is also a couple of minor maintenance issues with trim in the hallway, but again, these were minor. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The color scheme of the hotel is very nice and the breakfast the next morning was a good Hampton breakfast. I would definitely stay again for the same event next year!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This location clearly needs an upgrade, careful of the continental breakfast, it has a funk that may come back to haunt you as it did me, rooms are noisy, hallways seem like you may fall through the floor, Also noticed open electrical in lobby, how the local inspector allows this is beyond me, seems like a risk for electrocution. You can find much more for your money than this location. Trust me I have always been a fan of Hampton Inn, but this location leave less to be desired.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel room was clean and well furnished with Flat panel TV, Refregirator, coffee maker and bath room supplies. Front desk receptionist was very helpful in providing requested information and directions to nearby places. Breakfast was very good with variety of cereals, juices, fruits eggs, bread, waffle and coffee throughout the day. We were allowed to use computer in the business room throughout the day and night.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin
Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin
Best Western Suites
Best Western Suites
#17 of 144 in Columbus

Been to Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard? Share your experiences!