“Dinner will you watch a movie, win.”
Review of Movie Tavern

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Movie Tavern
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Movie theatre filled with office chairs on wheels, bar like seating in theatre, with full table service including alcohol. The food is so-so ( prob good you can't really see it) but the idea is awesome. Single seating allows for more comfort than traditional theatre seating.

All reviews
"tanker"
"size"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love the fact you can eat and enjoy a movie at the same time! Food was very good! We sat in the back row and it just so happened that there were people in the row in front of us. I could not see the movie when that person was sitting up eating. If they relaxed in their chair, then, I could see. That is my major drawback; the way the chairs are arranged at the different levels make it difficult for people behind you to see. Should be staggered more or lowered more.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I really enjoyed the experience at this theater. The food is pretty decent and so is the service. I didn't think that it was too pricey. Now the cocktails on the other hand were but the food wasn't. The matinee ticket prices are really cheap ($5.50) and the seating in the theater is really comfortable. I don't have any place like this near where I live and have actually drove 45 minutes to this location just to see a movie for the experience.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our recent visit to the movie tavern was not as great as previous visits. Its been a little while (several months) since our previous visit and it seems the tavern as taken a turn for the worst. After selecting our final seat (our 1st several choices had broken chairs &/or wheels) and trying to find a working light to order food-(we finally had to use a light on the row behind us because the first 7 lights we tried did not work!) a very pleasant young man came over to take our order. After a while someone brought out our food. The salad was obiviously pre made or pre packaged-tasted day)s) old & blah. The buffalo wrap-which used to be my favorite was smaller in size in a plastic basket and was missing the blue cheese. I inquired to the "helper" server who delivered our order as to if this was the buffalo wrap and she said she didn't know what it was-this was her first week working. The server came back and said it was the buffalo wrap & that it had recently "changed" and he would bring out the blue cheese sauce that should have come out with it. The fries were cold/old and the wrap was not even half as good as it used to be. Tasted preassembled or pre-made & frozen or something. We were very disappointed! It used to be a real treat to dine & see a movie and have such great food. But it seems they may want to change their slogan from "movies never tasted so good" to something else! Whatever they are doing differently with the food-one suggestion .....go back to the way things were, with the great food-fresh. We noticed the prices keep changes (higher of course) but the quality keeps going down-that's a recipe for failure in our opinion!

1  Thank SouthernGirlOhio