“A solid stay”

Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed November 4, 2013

To be fair, I should state up front that we stayed at this property with a pet; as a result, the room we were given was one that was on its way to being remodeled. Apparently, it is company policy to put folks with pets who are going to have a long stay in room that will soon need to be remodeled. This makes sense, and I must say that I was grateful to this hotel for helping us get through a long move.

The hotel is well located right off 270, and it offers up dozens of restaurants and stores within an short distance. The only major critique I have of the property is that there is no automatic entry way, which must present a difficulty for anyone with mobility issues. Ironically, the pool has a lift, which is a great feature for persons with disabilities, but I wish that the front door were more accessible.

For the most part, this was a solid hotel stay. The breakfast was very good, and really, if you are looking for a place to stay for a night or to stay with a pet, it is a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Chatto,
Thanks for your review. I'm glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your pet. My apologies, however, that we do not have an automatic front door. I hope that should you find yourself in need of a hotel in Columbus again, you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last night 10/15/13 and the room was a mess. Popcorn on the floor, water spots on the mirrors, faucets and back splash. Urine on the toilet seat and down there hair on the bathroom floor. The night manager cleaned our room while we were out, but when we went to go to bed we found that the bed sheets were dirty/not changed. Major ick factor!!! My mother used to work in hotel housekeeping and this never would've passed an audit. Housekeeping really needs to be audited closer.

Room Tip: Make sure to check your bed sheets and bathroom at check in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Kalerina,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear you had a negative experience while you were our guest. Please accept my apology that your room was not properly cleaned. I will be addressing your comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please allow us the opportunity to host you again, and show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was booked here by a client for a trade show. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is a few years old and has the old hotel smell, its also wood frame construction so noise from rooms above could be an issue. They have a breakfast bar and it is clean but the food was lacking. There is a Tim Horton's just off the parking lot for breakfast as well as several dinner spots. Access to downtown was not a problem at all. If you are looking for a good sleepover spot for business this on will do.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank russBguss
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear RussBguss,
We appreciate your feedback on the Comfort Suites Columbus/Hilliard. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your clean room and comfortable bed. Please accept my apology that our complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will address your concerns with my staff. Please allow us to serve you again if you find yourself back in Columbus.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay for a visit to the zoo. Wanted an indoor pool. Almost didn't stay here because of some of the negative reviews. This hotel met all our needs. Good location, very clean room and bathroom, staff was friendly, price was great .. the only complaint I would have is that to pool was a little chilly. It was clean though. Breakfast was good. Would definitely stay here again. Guess I learned not to believe all the reviews you read. If you are looking for a nice clean basic hotel to stay for a couple nights, this place would be fine.

Room Tip: Ask for towels at front desk for the pool or bring your own beach towels.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The indoor pool was not warm at all ! The room was clean but beds are not comfortable at all the bedspreads are really out dated ! For money I paid there I think I could have had better room somewhere else in this area !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Bingolady1997,
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Columbus/Hilliard. Please accept my apology that the pool was not warm and that you found our beds to be uncomfortable. We value your feedback and will use it to improve our services for the next guest. I hope that the next time you find yourself in the area you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

M. Tyrone

Reviewed September 9, 2013

A great place to check into for family or business. Nice indoor pool, great breakfast, ease off the highway and into a nice relaxing place close to good dining and shopping and convenience as well as fuel. Quiet indoors, clean, and accessible for 2, 4 , 6 or a football team. Good parking and great place in summer or winter conditions.

Room Tip: If you want an easy way to enjoy the space ask for a room on 1st floor. Elevator will get you to 3r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed 3 nights recently & had a very nice size room. We asked for & received a room on a high floor (3rd is the top floor) & on an end because we are light sleepers (Room 323). It was quiet & roomy. Upon entering the room for the first time, the a/c was blasting cold air & it was freezing. Quickly we turned the unit off, left the suitcases & went to eat so that it would be warmer upon our return. The little frig certainly worked well - when it says high, it really freezes, which is a good thing. The pillows, even though marked soft, were not really. The bed was comfortable as were the other furnishings. The room, though large enough, really wasn't arranged well. The TV is only on the side of the room where the bed is so unless you want to sit very far away, you have to sit on the bed to watch it. The desk was nice, though small. The closet was a good size. The window only opened about 4". The linens were nice. The tub faucet dripped during our entire stay but by closing the bathroom door, you didn't hear it. Breakfast was not very good. The scrambled eggs had little to no flavor & the sausage patties tasted strange. The juice dispenser sputtered but did deliver. The English muffin was good. We skipped further breakfasts. Our last night there, both of our keys stopped working. The staff was very nice, polite & friendly. There was ample parking & someone was cleaning the entry, breakfast room or entry during our entire stay. The bill was correct. The location is great, right off the interstate.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear DDDFJD,
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites Columbus. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a quiet room during your stay. I apologize that the tub was dripping and will have my maintenance team attend to it right away. I'm also sorry that you found breakfast to be less than satisfactory. I will be sure to review your comments with my breakfast staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Columbus.

M. Tyrone

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
0 mi away
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin
Hyatt Place Columbus Dublin
4 mi away
Comfort Suites Columbus West Hilliard

Been to Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!