“Great value in a good location”

Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We're always going to Columbus because our children went to Ohio State and got jobs there after graduation. I go there for work at least five times a year. So we've been staying at different hotels trying to find the best value for the money. The room we stayed in at the Comfort Suites in Hilliard was clean, well appointed and secure. We could jump on 270 to get where we needed to be. There are geocaches nearby that took me to quiet places such as a walking path around a pond behind the hotel. We enjoyed exploring the area nearby without worrying about our security. The only reason I didn't rate it "Excellent" was the room was too warm even at the lowest setting. Once I turned the heat off, we were comfortable. I figured that was because it was 55 in February. Breakfast offered good choices and had excellent coffee. There was a walking path around a lake behind the hotel.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NonieMcD
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 3, 2012

The woman at the front desk was writing a book on my life story asking a million questions. My fiancé rented the room the night before so when I got there the next day she kept insisting she needed to swipe his card then she gave me the wrong room and he had to call and set her straight so I had to switch rooms. The fan on the heater didn't work and toilet water kept running. Next time I will stay with holiday inn.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Nothing out of the ordinary but a nice place to stay the night. We were visiting friends and doing a bit of shopping. The desk staff both pleasant and efficient and the room was quite nice. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was well designed with great water-pressure. There were even enough towels for the three of us. The neighborhood is safe with multiple restaurants and easy access from the highway. Overall, it was just what we needed for a comfortable stay. We'll be back the next time we're in Columbus.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank StV6
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I chose this Comfort Suites hotel mainly because of its location -- close to I-270, but not too close. And that proved to be a good strategy, because I found it to have far less highway noise than the other Columbus hotels at which I've stayed.

I was greeted promptly on arrival and the check-in was a breeze. The service on departure was equally efficient.

My first impression on entering my room was "Wow". Though it's not exactly a suite in the strict sense of the term (with separate rooms), it provided a generous amount of space that is divided into a living area and sleeping area by a couple of low, 4-ft high partitions. For a single business traveler, it's perfect; if you need a sleeping area that's separate from the "living room", you'll have to look elsewhere. The furnishings appeared in good condition and lighting was excellent, especially in the living/work area. There was a decent-sized, up-to-date LCD TV opposite the beds.

The strong point during my stay was the flawless housekeeping. I couldn't find a single thing that was out of order. I checked the beds for bugs (none found) and noted that each double bed had 4 comfortable pillows. The linens appeared to be well-laundered. The microwave and fridge both of seemed clean and odor free. And thankfully, this non-smoking room was free of excessive Lysol related odors.

The bathroom was just about perfect -- spacious and well lit, with a huge vanity and a decent shower. There were loads of towels and even a working (!) hair dryer.

A few sore spots: This building is constructed much like other modern hotels, i.e. it's kind of flimsy. When I walked across my room I noticed some of the lamps shaking, so it's a good thing I requested a top floor room. There were a few guests slamming doors, but no more so than in other inns of this type. Overall, things were reasonably quiet.

The breakfast was okay, though nothing out of the ordinary. The heating/AC unit kept the room too warm even at its lowest setting. And the parking area is kind of far from the main entrance. But aside from those minor gripes this hotel was a pleasant surprise, especially when compared to similarly priced accommodations I've stayed at in Columbus. I'd definitely consider staying at this Comfort Suites again.

Room Tip: Like many moderately priced inns, this one doesn't have the most solid construction quality, so...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BlueLine2
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed in this property as our first stop on a five-day drive with our two dogs from Philadelphia to Phoenix. The room was spacious, clean and in good repair. The duvet cover was fresh, the pillows were excellent. We got a room on the first floor near an exit, perfect for walking the dogs. We are both hotel snobs and would never normally consider staying in a property at this level so we were pleasantly surprised. With a $10 dog fee and local taxes, the cost was less than $100. Food and gas are a short drive away. And, beliee it or not, you can buy alcohol at gas stations in Ohio. Duh?

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My family and I have traveled extensively both abroad and in the US and this has been our worst hotel visit. We used to live in Columbus and were looking forward to a family trip that combined both business for my husband as well as visits with old friends. We were extremely disappointed with Comfort Suites in Hilliard. Our first impression of the hotel was that it was very dated and dingy. It took over 20 minutes to check in to the hotel even though we had a reservation and the person at the front desk was not busy. The pool was the reason that we chose to stay there in the first place for my 3 year old daughter. It was dirty and tiny. The towels in our bathroom were covered in long, dark hairs...not a lone, stray hair...COVERED. The hotel was extremely loud at night and the framed art above our beds rattled throughout the night from people slamming doors. My daughter, who is normally a great sleeper, woke up crying all night long from the "scary noises in our hotel." It sounded like people on the second floor were stomping around all hours of the night. As a result, my husband who had an all day conference, myself--7 months pregnant, and my 3 year old daughter all got virtually no sleep. Upon checking out, I informed the worker at the front desk that our stay was horrible and she curtly said, "Well did you call the front desk to complain?" I told her that I wasn't going to complain at 1:00am with my daughter sleeping (trying to sleep) in the bed next to me. She merely said that I should have called to complain, but there was nothing she could do at that point. She wasn't apologetic in the least. We will NEVER stay here again and I will pass on the warning to others.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Nice clean room, comfortable bed with soft pillows, good breakfast selection and friendly staff. I stayed two nights and will recommend this motel to friends traveling in the area. I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
Best Western Suites
Best Western Suites
#20 of 143 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin
Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin

Been to Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!