“A nice, simple hotel at a good price”

Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Nothing out of the ordinary but a nice place to stay the night. We were visiting friends and doing a bit of shopping. The desk staff both pleasant and efficient and the room was quite nice. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was well designed with great water-pressure. There were even enough towels for the three of us. The neighborhood is safe with multiple restaurants and easy access from the highway. Overall, it was just what we needed for a comfortable stay. We'll be back the next time we're in Columbus.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank StV6

Reviewed January 21, 2012

I chose this Comfort Suites hotel mainly because of its location -- close to I-270, but not too close. And that proved to be a good strategy, because I found it to have far less highway noise than the other Columbus hotels at which I've stayed.

I was greeted promptly on arrival and the check-in was a breeze. The service on departure was equally efficient.

My first impression on entering my room was "Wow". Though it's not exactly a suite in the strict sense of the term (with separate rooms), it provided a generous amount of space that is divided into a living area and sleeping area by a couple of low, 4-ft high partitions. For a single business traveler, it's perfect; if you need a sleeping area that's separate from the "living room", you'll have to look elsewhere. The furnishings appeared in good condition and lighting was excellent, especially in the living/work area. There was a decent-sized, up-to-date LCD TV opposite the beds.

The strong point during my stay was the flawless housekeeping. I couldn't find a single thing that was out of order. I checked the beds for bugs (none found) and noted that each double bed had 4 comfortable pillows. The linens appeared to be well-laundered. The microwave and fridge both of seemed clean and odor free. And thankfully, this non-smoking room was free of excessive Lysol related odors.

The bathroom was just about perfect -- spacious and well lit, with a huge vanity and a decent shower. There were loads of towels and even a working (!) hair dryer.

A few sore spots: This building is constructed much like other modern hotels, i.e. it's kind of flimsy. When I walked across my room I noticed some of the lamps shaking, so it's a good thing I requested a top floor room. There were a few guests slamming doors, but no more so than in other inns of this type. Overall, things were reasonably quiet.

The breakfast was okay, though nothing out of the ordinary. The heating/AC unit kept the room too warm even at its lowest setting. And the parking area is kind of far from the main entrance. But aside from those minor gripes this hotel was a pleasant surprise, especially when compared to similarly priced accommodations I've stayed at in Columbus. I'd definitely consider staying at this Comfort Suites again.

Room Tip: Like many moderately priced inns, this one doesn't have the most solid construction quality, so...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BlueLine2
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We stayed in this property as our first stop on a five-day drive with our two dogs from Philadelphia to Phoenix. The room was spacious, clean and in good repair. The duvet cover was fresh, the pillows were excellent. We got a room on the first floor near an exit, perfect for walking the dogs. We are both hotel snobs and would never normally consider staying in a property at this level so we were pleasantly surprised. With a $10 dog fee and local taxes, the cost was less than $100. Food and gas are a short drive away. And, beliee it or not, you can buy alcohol at gas stations in Ohio. Duh?

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed October 22, 2011

My family and I have traveled extensively both abroad and in the US and this has been our worst hotel visit. We used to live in Columbus and were looking forward to a family trip that combined both business for my husband as well as visits with old friends. We were extremely disappointed with Comfort Suites in Hilliard. Our first impression of the hotel was that it was very dated and dingy. It took over 20 minutes to check in to the hotel even though we had a reservation and the person at the front desk was not busy. The pool was the reason that we chose to stay there in the first place for my 3 year old daughter. It was dirty and tiny. The towels in our bathroom were covered in long, dark hairs...not a lone, stray hair...COVERED. The hotel was extremely loud at night and the framed art above our beds rattled throughout the night from people slamming doors. My daughter, who is normally a great sleeper, woke up crying all night long from the "scary noises in our hotel." It sounded like people on the second floor were stomping around all hours of the night. As a result, my husband who had an all day conference, myself--7 months pregnant, and my 3 year old daughter all got virtually no sleep. Upon checking out, I informed the worker at the front desk that our stay was horrible and she curtly said, "Well did you call the front desk to complain?" I told her that I wasn't going to complain at 1:00am with my daughter sleeping (trying to sleep) in the bed next to me. She merely said that I should have called to complain, but there was nothing she could do at that point. She wasn't apologetic in the least. We will NEVER stay here again and I will pass on the warning to others.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Nice clean room, comfortable bed with soft pillows, good breakfast selection and friendly staff. I stayed two nights and will recommend this motel to friends traveling in the area. I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This hotel served as a quick stopover on a getaway. We found it to be clean, basic, and comfortable; and with the exception of the pool and hot tub, very well kept.

The hotel is in a nice, but emptying part of Greater Columbus, right off of I-270. We found a lot of recently emptied storefronts in the area. But, it was still a nice, safe area of town.

The hotel was a newish cookie cutter Comfort Suites. It was definitely the cleanest Comfort Suites I have ever stayed at. The lobby was clean and cozy, with a nice gas fireplace. The breakfast area was also clean and warm.

The building was well kept, with newer elevators and hallway carpeting. The room had new, stylish furniture. It was hardly a suite, however. It was a standard room that happens to have a microfridge tucked into a nook as you first walk into the room.

My only complaint would be the pool. The water was far too cold to use. Additionally, the hot tub was far too hot to use. Therefore, we didn't get any use out of those.

Overall, decent stay, and I would recommend if you don't care about the pool.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Ok, I stayed here for the night after a day of shopping at Jeffersonville. The pool was ICE COLD and the hot tub was NASTY with scum on the sides and there were no towels by the pool. Service was good but why stay for water activities when they suck. Also, I booked for 6 adults and the room had 4 towels. I am a choice priv. member and would like my points refunded.

• Stayed: March 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Best Western Suites
Best Western Suites
#20 of 146 in Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin
Staybridge Suites - Columbus / Dublin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus University Area - OSU

Been to Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!