“Bed Bugs in rm 214”

Red Roof Inn Buckeye Lake
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hebron
Reviewed September 26, 2012

two couples stayed here for 4 days, one in the first floor, the other in 214. After leaving the ones in 214 were infected with bed bugs. After contacting the hotel they denied there was any problem in that room. After contacting Red Roof Corp they played good cop/bad cop and kept pushing things off. Nothing was done and they now do not even return phone calls. We just wanted the cost of that specific room stay to be refunded and the cost for replacing two suitcases. Beware of this Red Roof location.

Room Tip: If you must stay insist on staying on the first floor. Look carefully for bed bug droppings.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Jeff C

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This Red Roof features interior stairways, a continental breakfast, and a public computer workstation in the lobby. The lobby had several chairs for guests to relax in, too. The breakfast was very minimalist. There were a few basic cereals, some very small doughnuts and beverages. (The orange juice tasted like the old Tang of astronaut days!) The standard Red Roof coffee machine was out of order the two days I was there. Also, no phones in guest rooms worked. Nothing was said about this when I checked in so I trekked back downstairs to find out if it was just my room or motel-wide. I was told a storm had knocked them out earlier in the week, but I could use the one in the lobby next to the computer. This was interesting since normally it's all or nothing with phone systems. So, no phone for the weekend. Maybe if one needed a wake-up call, they would have banged on the door? The room itself was clean, and the bed was good. I had the Superior King, and while there was a table with two chairs, the usual lounge chair was absent. Fortunately, the computer chair was comfortable. The computer workstation was far superior to the usual one found at Red Roofs. The access drive leading to the Red Roof's parking lot has basically disintegrated, but the parking lot itself was well-maintained. (Probably the access road is not their responsibility.) So, although there were a few inconveniences, I would stay again without hesitation. Plenty of grass for pet relief, too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Maltesemama78
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Firstly, the staff has been so nice, and accommodating. For the price it's reasonable. I only have 2 complaints- 1. its a non-smoking hotel, and some one was obviously smoking pot. Our room stunk of it terribly. 2. The water is undrinkable. Thankfully was traveling with bottled water, but I didn't want to brush my teeth with the tap water.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The evening we stayed here seemed to be "hang out" night for a couple carloads of less-than-desirable young adults. At least they weren't fond of dogs (fortunate for me and my dog). Grounds were as expected (small, open lot, not very grassy), room seemed big enough. Nice desk for laptop work. Night staff (check in) seemed annoyed to be bothered by us checking in, morning staff hustled to maintain the property and pull desk duty.
Breakfast was a joke, I'm on a restricted diet, and can't eat donuts, cereal or oatmeal (guess what they had?). Coffee was typical low-budged, tastes more like funky water, burnt coffee.
I got what I paid for, I guess.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was our third year coming here for Ohio District Family Camp. Never again.. Shortly after getting into our room I noticed a bug crawling on the bathroom floor. Then I noticed one by the sink. I started to look around the room and in the beds but didn't notice any other bugs. In the morning I saw a bug crawling in the bed my kids were sleeping in. I killed it and this one was full of blood. Took a picture of the bugs, and on google images it looked exactly like bed bugs. We got another room, and upon entering there was a musty smell. The carpet was damp in areas, and the bottom of my feet was completely black after a few mins of walking on it. Our clothes had a musty smell too from the room. This hotel has been run down since we first came here years ago and management does not care. Some friends of ours that stayed here found dog food under their bed. The neighboring city of Heath has a lot better hotels!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Flies in trash can in breakfast area. Breakfast was below par compared to other hotel chains. Two types of donuts, bread,and cereal. Had to use microwave to heat up water for tea. Unusual smell in lobby and rooms. Ladies at night behind desk used breakfast area for supper time for their family. It is just run down.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank person57
Reviewed July 19, 2012

First impressions were pretty good, but that didn't last long. The exterior and room decor was fine. Beds were worn and in need of replacement. I ended up having to change room due to yelling and screaming in room next door. Asked front desk to speak to the guests who refused to quieten. Ended up being moved to an inferior room with no refund reflecting the downgrade.
Then came breakfast - utterly disgusting. I have never seen so many flies in a food area before. The breakfast was minimal anyway but no way was it hygenic to eat in that place.
Steer clear of this dump.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Englishman-in-theUSA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hebron
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio
La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area
Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg
Best Western Lakewood Inn
Super 8 Heath/Newark
Regal Inn
Regal Inn
#2 of 3 in Hebron

Been to Red Roof Inn Buckeye Lake? Share your experiences!