“Wonderful Thai food!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
New Concord, Ohio
“Wonderful Thai food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is by far my favorite Thai restaurant in Ohio. Wonderful, authentic food and friendly service. I especially like the Pad Kee Mao, Lad Na, and Papaya Salad, but everything I've had here is great. I highly recommend stopping by if you're in the area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Ohio
“Freshest food in Licking County, by FAR!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We like to take our adult children to Royal Thai when they come to visit from out of state. the owner is simply delightful, the food is fantastically fresh and authentic.
While not as inexpensive as a restaurant chain, it's much better than the The Chop House, which is also locally owned. if you like Thai food, or fresh, wholesome REAL FOOD, not something from a giant jar or can, you will LOVE ROYAL THAI!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank CynLee H
Heath, Ohio
“Rude service and two hour wait to get food...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have eaten at Royal Thai several times, but my last visit will indeed be my last. The woman who owns the restaurant was very rude when I nicely asked for another drink in a to go cup, I even specified this multiple times, as there was something that looked disgusting floating in mine. She didn't get me a to go cup, or even a clean glass for that matter, she poured out the liquid in the soda machine area and proceeded to give me a "new" drink. She kept insisting that it was part of the tea that I ordered, and even brought over a dish of tea leaves to show me, and kept pressing the issue every single time she came to the table which was quite an awkward and uncomfortable situation. Now I know what tea leaves look like and this was no tea leaf floating in my glass. It was dirt and something very slimey...definitely not a tea leaf.

After waiting for a long while our appetizers were brought, and the owner left the table without even giving us silverware, which by this point was pretty deliberate, so we asked for silverware, and waited another hour for our food, which for the price and wait were terribly small portions. At the cash register, I asked for a to go cup of soda, as I did not drink the glass she brought me which still had things floating in it, and I had specified I wanted my drink in a to go glass, she charged me for another drink. For the first time in my life I didn't leave a tip, and felt quite nice writing a big zero where the tip should be. Worst customer service ever!

In short, rude service, dirty plastic cups, awkward owner, and long wait times, I will never eat here again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
“Enjoyable and inexpensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I eat here every time I am In town. The owners are very nice and give me great vegetarian options. I eat the curries and the green papaya salad, always Thai hot.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
columbus
“tasteless”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

The vegetarian dish was mostly sauce. The shrimp dish contained 6 pieces of shrimp and the "gummy" steamed rice (fried will cost you extra) they served with meals came in micro mini cartons. Add 2 spring rolls and you have an over priced, blah bland meal. Girl at counter was friendly, hence the 2 star.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Been to Royal Thai? Share your experiences!