“Feeding Trough”

Ranked #34 of 58 Restaurants in Heath
Atlanta, Georgia
“Feeding Trough”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

The family insisted on eating here. I don't care much for buffets or smorgasbords, but as far as they go, this one has to be the absolute worst one. I've eaten at Golden Corral, I've eaten at Chinese buffets, but this one I would not recommend to even an enemy. The food is bland and the help is unintelligible. They were serving chicken fingers, next to the taco fixings, and the only sauces available in that general vicinity were BBQ sauce and hot sauce. I asked the "cook" behind the meat counter if they had honey mustard. He replied with a guttural, "huh?" I again asked for honey mustard to which I received another grunt and a point in the direction of two other troughs. I assumed the man was incapable of speech and moved on. Needless to say I ate my tasteless chicken fingers with something that resembled BBQ sauce.

If you are a local and over 65, I'm sure you'll love this place. If you are passing through and know what food should taste like, keep going.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Tony F

Galloway, Ohio, United States
“Never going back.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The food wasn't good at all! Some of the food wasn't cook properly. Most of our meal tasted horrible. My husband and I felt sick after eating there.

• Visited February 2014
Margate,Fl
“Here's a good bang for your buck!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Apparently their competitors are still pissed! That would explain why they are trying trash the place with the negative crap above. Real Americans go in and judge for themselves! It's not hard to see why this eatery has been here in business for so long. This place is a nice locals secret!

• Visited January 2014
Alexandria, Ohio
“Go and enjoy.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A common-man type hot buffet with a suitable salad bar. We were there last Saturday about 4pm: roast beef and whole turkey (carved by a waiting chef), chicken fingers, baked fish, fried chicken (my favorite), baked chicken, grilled cheese sandwiches, two hot soups, seafood noodle casserole, very tasty spicy cooked carrots, cooked corn, green beans & ham (excellent), baked beans, everything thing for making tacos, sliced baked sweet potatoes in sauce, mashed potatoes & gravy (I've never tried them), french fries, two kinds of warm rolls, four or so prepared salads (like carrot/raisin salad, seafood salad, cole slaw etc) and numerous condiments including horseradish and shrimp cocktail sauce etc. The salad bar has maybe 12 items (ex: greens or lettuce, egg, cheese, cucumber, tomato, dried cranberries, bacon, sunflower seeds, etc) with maybe 6-8 kinds of dressing (people, don't expect a luxury cruise buffet spread for this price.) Numerous hot and cold desserts: two hot cobblers, cheesecakes, pies, cakes, sugarfree pie, sometimes cookies, sometimes pudding, most of the time fresh fruit (canned peaches if no fresh fruit) and real ice cream, no soft serve. We go here once a week, hot items are normally hot. We appreciate the variety of choices. LIke any restaurant, its best to go at traditional meal times for the freshest and hottest food.
We have never had a sticky or dirty table here. Dirty-dish takeaway by staff is usually done in a timely fashion. No, I don't consider it a small restaurant since it probably can seat several hundred people. We like the food choices best on Saturdays. The food here doesn't usually require a sign for you to know what it is.
Other hot dishes we've had in the past are turkey rolls, pork chops, fall apart BBQ ribs, cabbage rolls, stuffed peppers, fried fish, hot greens, meatloaf, mac & cheese, stewed tomatoes, acorn squash etc.
Is this a special occasion kind of place, maybe not. Can you eat a heavy meal here, sure knock yourself out. Can you eat a light healthful meal here, absolutely.
Go and enjoy.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank EDM3
Pataskala, Ohio
“Hometown, home cooking”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This has been a hometown buffet of some sort for over thirty years. Is a hot spot for the geriatric crowd (often card parties there). enough variety for all, though a heavy meal.

Visited February 2013