“Nice Hotel”

Hampton Inn Heath-Newark
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Heath
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This hotel is pretty new, very clean, and has a polite staff. There is plenty of places to eat around the hotel, there is even one in walking distance. Safe area, close to all of the stores and highway.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 18, 2010

This is a really nice Hampton Inn near the Longaberger Homestead. The drawback is that management realizes this - meaning you probably won't find a discounted room rate nor will you automatically get a Hilton Honors upgrade - because the hotel is usually full.

My room was elegantly appointed and clean. All was well once I was assigned another room (a persistent whine in the a/c or bath fan was annoying). The front desk staff was efficient, but did not invite conversation or questions.

Again, the parking lot was full and peppered with a number of Longaberger laden vehicles. This location apparently doesn't have to work as hard as some others to win customers.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2010

It's excellant location with all facility with affordable rate

Reviewed June 2, 2010

The following review is my opinion about my experience with this hotel:

I stay in a lot of hotels and most of them are under the Hilton umbrella. More than a month's worth of stays in just the past 6 months. I am a HHonors Gold member. This is hands down the WORST experience I have ever had at a Hampton Inn or any hotel period.

I dropped my stuff in the room and didn't return till after midnight. By that point it was too late to change to another hotel after discovering that the room was filthy. (Hotel was sold out). Bed was your worst hotel nightmare - I can't even begin to guess how many people's hair was on the white sheets. Towels covered in hair. Desk had pubes on it. Bathroom floor covered in pubes. It was unreal.

Got clean sheets from the front desk for the night. The next day, we left due to the extreme nastiness of the room. The Hampton Inn 100% Satisfaction Guarantee plainly states that if your room isn't clean that you get your money back. Invoking that at this hotel means nothing! Now I see that a previous reviewer had the same problem!

Mgmt says that since the room was prepaid that the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee doesn't apply to me. I say my room was clearly occupied by the pube party and I shouldn't have to pay.

Also, though not a deal breaker for most hotel stays, the walls were INCREDIBLY thin at this particular hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravellinMofo
Reviewed March 28, 2010

The whole property was clean and well kept. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were nice and fluffy. The staff was friendly and helpful whenever we needed them.
Don't worry about the bad reviews on the breakfast bar. It was above averge in my book. Everything was fresh, and the area was kept clean. I alway appreciate a waffel maker- this place has two- eliminating the line that sometimes forms for waffels. The lady in charge was friendly and helpful. When I asked if they had scrambled eggs, she said no, but offered to make me some!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank RayCurtis
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I'm a Hampton Inn regular - they are in my top 3 places to stay. I'm looking for a clean room, internet access, safety, and just an overall decent place to stay. I'm not paying Ritz Carlton prices, so I'm not expecting that level of room, but I'm not looking for the cheapest place in town either.

So, this place is: new, clean, secure, good internet, great location, awesome beds, and some better than average amenities.

The bad part: breakfast. They have the basics, but when I was there their hot selection was egg and cheese omelets (I think). They were horrible in my opinion. But, thank goodness they have the cold selections, and the toaster to get you by.

I wanted to address some previous posts: front desk staff - I found them, a) behind the front desk, and b) in the lobby.

Places to dine. I grew up in Heath/Newark for 21 years, so I've got a little insight for you.

Mexican - there is an AWESOME Mexican place just a couple hundred yards from the hotel - La Paloma - get the Sopapillas - you will NEVER find them that good anywhere else, guaranteed!!

Pizza - find the phone book - look up 2 places to go and get your pizza: a) Louie's Pizza, and b) Plaza Pizza.

Donuts - again, find that phone book for the address - Jolly Pirate Donuts. No, I'm not 600 pounds, nor a donut freak, but every time I get a donut anywhere in this country I compare it to Jolly Pirate Donut - silly name but a DARN GOOD donut!! Get the long johns.

Okay and lastly, for a food experience ONLY native to this region you want to find a dairy queen or the Mound Builders Dairy Bar and get a "Shredded Chicken Sandwich". Those of you from this region will know what I mean, those that don't - you are in for a treat, they are scrumpscious!!

All others who want something else - best of luck. You are in the fast food capital of the midwest. If you want something fine dining, then get in your car and zip on over to Columbus. Otherwise, loosen that belt and indulge for a day or two, and hit that fitness center while you are there.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrentFL
Reviewed December 12, 2007

Visiting Denison Univ. so needed a nearby place to stay. $85 w/ AAA discount. Set back off the road (nice and quiet - especially with back room). Front staff not very helpful at check in (i.e. - places to eat), and wasn't even there at checkout - just left the key cards at desk. Room was nice - what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Biggest complaint - breakfast --disappointing even with a low level of expectation - no variety, essentially coffee and some sorry looking pastries. You have to do better than that. And, oh, the exercise room...the bare minimum, but with the
breakfast, who needs it anyway.

By the way - found (on our own) a nice little Thai restaurant right in front of the hotel. Average food but above average staff. Worth a try.

For an unusual architectural sidetrip, visit the Longaberger "basket building" in nearby Newark.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank BroadOakPS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heath
Comfort Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark
Cherry Valley Lodge
Cherry Valley Lodge
#3 of 3 in Newark

Been to Hampton Inn Heath-Newark? Share your experiences!