“Great India Restaurant in Heath OH”
Review of Taste Of India

Taste Of India
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Heath
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Not the most impressive from the outside, but nice interior and super nice staff. The food, though, is why you should go back. If you are looking for good food with complex flavors this is your place. The food was delicious and not your average indian food. If you are in the area, you should definitely check this place out.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I just ate here for the first time, even though I am local and enjoy Indian food. Something about the motel location turned me off...well that was really dumb. This might be the best meal I've had in a long time. We walked in and were warmly greeted by the owner, a manager AND our waiter. We sat down and were immediately given a glass of mango lassi and a cup of soup. Both delicious.

As we perused the menu, we were given a delicious fried bread, not naan, I think it was the lentil bread...with mint and another dip that were both delicious. We ordered an appetizer (veggie samosa) because my daughter likes it, that was good too. We ordered two entrees, tandoori chicken and shrimp briyani. I already felt like this would be a lot of food but we had a hungry teen at home so we went for it. Well we had NO IDEA...the tandoori was like an entire chicken, the shrimp dish a large bowl...and then we were given two more bowls of different rices and three small amounts of other entrees. It was a ridiculous amount of food and all of it was amazing.

When the owner asked my daughter why she didn't have any chicken, she told him she doesn't eat meat...well out came another dish of fried cheese (sorry forget the menu item), We ordered garlic naan too, and it was terrific.

It ended with a sweet tea with cream and a mango custard.

The service was impeccable, every dish was delicious and even without all the free samples of things, Taste of India would have been a must-return. And we certainly will, very soon.

1  Thank ohliz
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I have never had Indian food before so this was a complete surprise for me.
After being greeted the wait staff bring you a soup, a bread dish, chicken leg and a drink, all of which wasn't odered but it was all very good. Next you order your food. Dish after dish of food comes. Not sure what was ordered but it was a lot.
I ordered a combo platter. While is was good I found the shrimp and lamb very dry and kinda hard. Not sure if it was meant to be that way.
After you finish your meal they bring you a cup of Chai tea, rice pudding and their version of a donut. Again, it wasn't ordered but a very nice surprise.
The place was very clean and the wait staff was very attentive.
I would have given an all 5 rating if it hadn't been for the dry meat. But please try it because it was a very pleasurable experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Best indian food I have every had. I will be back and would highly recommend that you try it. Try the variety plate option (six different entrees). ALL were great.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Superior service, nice atmosphere, very good food. Not easy to find good Indian food off the beaten path in any city, but these folks do it really well.

Been to Taste Of India? Share your experiences!