See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2018

room was ok, mostly clean, bottom of bathtub looked dirty, we put a hand towel down before using, told front desk about it next morning. breakfast was a joke, a packaged danish & a warm bottle of Sunny D in a paper sack rolled down & stapled shut, they called it a grab & go breakfast.

Date of stay: June 2018
Kathy110613, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Courteous, affordable, Friendly staff, and comfortable bed for an excellent nights sleep! I recommend staying at America's Best Value Inn ober amy other place in town! The coffe amd breakfast are also a plus!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kathy110613, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Thank you for your review and staying with us. It is our pleasure having you as our guest.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Upon arrival I decided to pay cash for the establishment. They managed to lose my deposit. Was told that they would have to review the tapes and since I would be in the area for the day I could stop back if the issue was resolved. Also the fact that we didn't get to the room until very late in the evening the heat was off and took hours to warm up so we slept fully clothed and with coats on. I guess blankets were optional for this accommodation. After reviewing and seeing the deposit error was on them I had to return to pickup my deposit after our sporting event. Totally ridiculous and would never recommend nor stay at one of these establishments again! The Manager needs a lesson on managing and customer support!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Kathy110613, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Again, Our apologies with the mix up of your deposit.

Reviewed December 26, 2017

I was a little concerned to stay here after reading some of the reviews but for the price we thought we would take a chance and we wanted to bring our little dog with us. My husband used to travel for work and had to stay in hotels long term so we are really not too fussy and know what to expect from most lower priced hotels. Outside of the building looks a little worn out but the parking lot and area around the hotel appeared to be very clean. We stayed in a King kitchenette. The room had laminate floors which we loved much better than carpet. But I would suggest you put some type of rug inside of the door especially because it was snowing both of us and the dog were tracking snow into the room. Immediately as we entered on the left there was a large empty space where I would imagine there used to be chairs for seating or they can use the room for 2 queen beds. This room had one king sized bed almost against the wall so the person sleeping on that side of the bed would either have to crawl into bed from the foot or squeeze and shuffle along the wall to get into bed. I would suggest moving the bed away from the wall and get another night stand for that side of the bed. The kitchenette had a small table and 2 chairs. The bath tub and sink both had hairs in them from previous occupants and the floor around the toilet and baseboards looked really dirty. But this is why we always travel with our own cleaning supplies and Lysol so I cleaned the tub, sinks and flat surfaces. I only disinfected the floor with Lysol we always wear our shoes in the room so sorry I didn't clean your base boards. When we had filled the trash bag in the kitchenette I picked up the bag in the trash can to replace it the with the one out of the bathroom we were not using and saw both cans have probably never been cleaned had food and other debris stuck to it. If you can't get them clean please replace they are not that expensive and make your rooms look dirty and staff look lazy. The bed had 4 small comfortable pillows but only had a sheet and a cover about the thickness of a sheet on it. It is winter where are the blankets? We didn't want to run down to the office to ask so I used a sleeping bag we had in the car. The heat in the room worked very well we actually shut ours off and slept comfortably under the sleeping bag. The bed was firm but comfortable. I thought the $15.00 a night charge for a dog was a bit excessive. We were suppose to stay for 2 nights but had a unexpected change in our plans so instead of staying the 2nd night we decided to drive home and checked out about 3 p.m. the clerk said he could not give us a refund which we expected him to say. The desk clerks were friendly and efficient. Had people staying on either side of us and never heard a sound. Overall I would stay here again, it was very quiet and we liked being close to restaurants, shopping, gas stations and the price of the room.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Kathy110613, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Thank you for your review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you!

Reviewed November 3, 2017

I have been coming for a while now and t has gotten better than the past years. The new manager has gotten rid of the riff rafts. Dan is the Maintenance guy and he is doing a good job. I will be back.

Room tip: rooms in the back of building 2 away from the main hwy.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Kathy110613, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Heath, Ohio