“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Heath
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I visited for a relaxing night away from home. We got just that. We arrived late afternoon and went for a swim. Pool was nice. Clean and good temperature. Check in staff was very friendly, and check in was efficient. Room was very clean. Bed was very comfortable. We asked for late check out, as we just wanted time to relax, and not be in a hurry to check out. They were very helpful and let us check out at 2:00, rather than 12:00. The breakfast was very good, as HIE breakfasts typically are. There was one negative about our room, but wasn't a huge deal. The light blocking curtains in the room did not close. Our window was on the parking lot side, so there were lots of lights shining in. We like it dark in our room, especially when we finally get to sleep in! Unfortunately, we didn't have the option of a dark room because of the curtains. Other than that, great hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hello all,

I have had my share of hotel experiences so let me share.
I booked this hotel on its website as a platinum priority rewards member.
Generally Holiday Inns are clean and comfortable. This hotel meets my expectations. I arrived late after a long drive and Tyler checked me in promptly and accommodated all of my requests, which can be many at times. Friendly staff that are on top of customer service when it comes to hotels are half the battle. So just for this fact the hotel receives 5 stars, I also really enjoyed the breakfast staff the lady was extremely helpful but I can't remember her name.

Room: We stayed in a suite room 403 which has plenty of room and was CLEAN!!! The first thing I do is always pull back my covers/ sheets to inspect for hair or stains of any kind. I have had some scary situations in the past but I can honestly say I saw nothing but clean linen. The bathroom was nice with the typical toiletries of soap, shampoo, & conditioner but again not a spot or stain so I am really happy by now. There is a kichenette area with a small refrigerator and microwave and sink area. This is a standard but welcomed feature. The sitting area had a small loveseat, a chair, and a flat screen and a hot tub. The hot tub was fabulous my husband and I used it to relax and it made our night a million times better. The water was actually hot and they provided plenty of towels. Our bed, closet, and another flat screen TV was separated into another room. So with the suite you get lots of space I also liked that the sitting area and the bedroom have separate temperature control units.

Breakfast: It was hot and good. I am a vegetarian so I had pancakes, cereal, oj, and a lovely cinnamon roll. I believe they had sausage, biscuits, and gravy oh and eggs. There was a great variety and after a wonderful sleep it all made my stay very good.

Room Tip: Get the suite, the price is reasonable and you deserve it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Callion007
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Friendly staff, efficient check-in, clean room, nice flat-screen TV, tasty hot breakfast with a nice variety of items that was fully stocked and well attended by staff.

What more could you ask for in a motel?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Generally, the hotel was clean and comfortable. However, there were some maintenance issues that we felt should have been taken care of. For example, the tub faucet was nearly falling off, the toilet handle stuck in the down position every time we flushed and had to be pulled back up or the toilet would continue to run. Also, there were no luggage racks to put our suitcases on. We stayed in a two room suite. It have a two person hot tub in it, however we didn't use it. Breakfast was the typical HIE fare, which we love! Would have appreciated them telling the guy without shoes or shirt to go get dressed, but oh well....some people just don't get it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Betsy K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Betsy K,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is pleasing to know you found our property clean and comfortable. I was disappointed to hear of the shortfalls you experienced on your recent visit to the hotel especially with the bathroom facility and poor maintenance service. I can assure you this is not indicative of our usual high standards and for this I sincerely apologize. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, we welcome any opportunity to improve. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Zelyn N
Montgomery
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Room was well appointed and clean. However, halls, elevator and lobby floor were extremely dirty. Realizing I arrived on a Sunday evening and cleaning staff had left, most hotels require the desk clerk to keep-up with such tasks. Really a turn-off when it comes to what should be a better than average motel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Dennis M,

Thank you for leaving a review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We are pleased to read that you found the rooms clean and well appointed. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments regarding cleanliness are very much appreciated. This is one of the ways that let us know where we need to improve.

Connie D
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hotels in the Newark area are filling fast due to the natural gas boom. This Holiday Inn Express is suffering from heavy industrial foot traffic. It was very dirty in the lobby area. The parking lot is filled with diesel fuel spills. Housekeeping left our couch cushions tilted so we would not sit on the wet stains. The young man who checked us in had to spit out a chaw of tobacco into an empty Mountain Dew bottle before he could speak to us. Smoking is still permitted in this hotel, and it permeates all the rooms.

It's too bad because we stayed in this property several years ago and it was wonderful. If you are traveling to this area, book early.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Peter M,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Came back for a family reunion and stayed in the Holiday Inn Express. I was happy with the customer service and the breakfast in the morning. The staff was extremely courteous and I would recommend this Holiday Inn Express to anyone of my family or friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heath
Hampton Inn Heath-Newark
#1 of 2 in Granville
Buxton Inn
Buxton Inn
#2 of 2 in Granville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath? Share your experiences!