Ok I live in the city of newark oh and I was looking for a place close to just get away for a night due to electric being shutoff and turned back on the next day me and my roommate arrived at the econolodge in heath ohio on what was supposed to be the coldest day and night it has been in 127 years!! When we arrived they gave us a room that we had to walk up a flight of stairs and through a hall basically a wind tunnel and it was with wind chill -37 degrees! Arctic weather anyways we were placed in room 200 which just so happened to be right next to this wind tunnel so one side of the room was insulated and to be honest I can't be sure of that but u could feel gusts of wind coming from the wall enough to make a piece of paper waive when put close to it. The heater said it was 90 but blew cool air (no heat)!! We came to seek shelter and electric on the coldest night in 127 years and this is what we got when I called the front desk the very rude woman said come get a heater so I hiked to the front office which felt like I was in Antarctica no lie look it up jan 6th 2014 and got a small space heater and when I got back to the room I plugged it in found out it just wasn't enough I called again and asked to change rooms preferably one with a room on each side for better insulation I was informed the owner told her not to move us or she will loose her job I then asked for a refund I had only been there for 15 mins didn't even have time to sit down and she said absolutely no refunds I was outraged so I went to walmart down the street and bought 2 more heaters because I wasn't gonna let them take my money without me getting my monies worth when I got back to the MOTEL I plugged them in I had 1 light on a tiny fridge a microwave the little heater and an alarm clock and now my two new heaters and wouldn't u know it if the excessive consumption of energy of those 5 to 6 items the breaker blew on one side of the room I called the front and she seemed extra rude now cause she had to do her job and do something she flipped the breaker and electric again so I turned off one of the heaters and replaced it with another light and when I went by the big glass windows everything was literally frozen on top of the (big heater that didn't work was a sheet of frost about an inch thick I wrote my name in it around the door frozen they had 2 cut out pieces of drywall placed over 2 big holes that just let the heat out and the cold in these drywall pieces where just sitting there I pressed on one and it wanted to fall out I'm talking 36" x18" holes not small ones and the peep hole that I thought was white due to paint wrong again it was frost about 2" thick then wouldn't u know it if the electric stayed on for about another 30mins and blew again I proceeded to call the front again and she answered I told her the breaker blew again and she sighed and with a snotty attitude said the breaker is in the back it's gonna be a few minutes till it kicks back on then she hung up the phone rudely it was off for about 20 minutes and I get a call on the room phone I answered and with a nasty attitude she proceeds to tell me if the breaker blows again she is instructed to make us leave and if we refused she would have to call the cops!!!!!mind u it's the coldest day ohio has seen in 127 years!!for what wanting to be comfortable and stay warm!! Not to mention I wasn't able to watch that fabulous extended cable cause five items plugged in this room was too much one more would get the cops called on us and escorted off the premises!!! This place is a joke I should have just stayed in my. Truck at least I would've been warm they way over charge you for a storage unit with a bathroom added onto it it's very dirty ,they care less about their customers and I bet that owner is laying in his big bed at home with 20 different things plugged in beating his dog and kicking him out of his room because he was cold and up there with him looked cozy!!!thats just an assumption but I bet I nailed it any way these people are rude the rooms are overpriced outdated,filthy and not worth the hassle choice hotels should have paid us to stay there and give them a review but since they hire idiots and rude employees they can all take responsibility for this review!!! MY TIP IS NEVER STAY HERE!! IF ITS THE ONLY PLACE LEFT ITS NOT U STILL HAVE YOUR CAR!!!!!
I had no complaints with this hotel. Free USA Today newspaper; large room with very good lighting; huge counter in the sink area; amazingly soft tissues (which was really appreciated since I had a cold). Very basic breakfast. Good heater/air conditioner in window with "fan only" option to provide white noise. Comfortable bed. Clean. I would stay again.
Seriously, I was a bit worried after reading the bad reviews ... But decided to give it a try because I had to attend my daughter Parent Weekend.
Overall, the rooms is very acceptable for the price; but as I said its not The Plaza - the place is basic and its a great value for your money. Considering that we are really looking for a safe clean place to sleep at night ... Would definitely stay there again.
I could not believe how filthy this hotel was! The carpet looked horrible, the bathtub had mold and what looked like cigarette burns all over it. There were large windows in the front of the room that looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months. There was a lot of running and slamming of doors outside until about 1:30 in the morning. The lady at the desk was so rude, and I think she was the owner! Do not waste your time or money here, we almost turned right around and left, I wish I had read the reviews before out trip.
Stayed one frightful night at this so called motel! The tub-shower unit was a dirty stained white. After being at Hebron Ohio most of the day for a car show, needed to get cleaned up, so instead of the shower, I used the pool, another mistake, the bottom of the pool was a total slime base!
The bed had nasty looking sheets and could see bug`s in it. After trying to sleep on the chair all night, woke up and turned on the cold water for a drink to wash my medication`s down, more bug`s came out of the faucet! Getting ready to check out, was hoping to get some coffee to go, pot was empty, the attendant carried a plastic container out to the pool area, then proceeded to fill the jug with the garden hose, yuck! Breakfast was day old donut holes, that would bounce off the floor! Do not waste your time or safety staying at this place!