“Over Indulgence”

Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Werribee
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Thank you to Cedric and the mansion staff for making our stay a wonderful memory. Cedric did a amazing job in helping me organise a surprise proposal by the lake. I would highly recommend Cedric and the mansion hotel and spa at Werribee Park.

Thanks Danny and Jess

• Stayed: March 2014
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear DannyJess1403,

Thank you very much or taking the time to express your positive feedback.

Congratulations on your successful proposal !

It has been a pleasure helping you as well as hosting both of you.

We are all looking forward to having you back soon at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is terrible. The carpet is stained, rooms are tiny and the cupboards and chipped. Most of the staff are rude. The dinner was very poor and extremely over priced. I would not return.

if people are wanting to go to the mansion it only cost $9pp and access to the grounds is free. There is no need to stay at the hotel.

Dear Charlotte_brett,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent experience at the Mansion Horel & Spa at Werribee Park.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the Mansion, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Your comments regarding cleanless in your room, service from our staff and dinner caused me great concern and as such I have spoken at length with our Housekeeping Manager, our Restaurant Manager and our Executive Chef regarding those issues.

Once again, I thank you for raising the above issues and allowing us the opportunity to take the appropriate measures to address the problems raised.

I hope that my response provides you with some assurance that the comfort and well being of all our guests is paramount.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further comments.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed just the one night in a heritage room before our journey down the great ocean road and wished we could have stayed longer. We were warmly welcomed by the staff at reception on arrival and especially impressed by Cedric manner upon checking out. The mansion and surrounding gardens which we had just a short time to explore are magnificent, peaceful and relaxing. That night we dined at josephs restaurant and found the food, wine and service excellent and fairly priced. An all round great experience and must stay for anyone considering a special time in this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear james196777,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your beautiful review.

I am delighted to read that you both had a great experience at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.

I sincerely hope you did enjoy your journey down the Great Ocean Road.

You are all looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just last weekend over Labor Day, I went to the mansion with my girlfriend. Called in last minute to check on their room availability. Cedric(guest relations) attended to me and assist me on all the arrangement and booking. I planned to propose that weekend. Cedric was very helpful and offered a really good deal for us - superior room (it's big enough for two that comes with big bath tub), wine on arrival, 3 course meal in the restaurant and late check out. We were lucky that the weather was fantastic that day. There's a rose garden nearby the mansion, a winery and a huge park to enjoy. Aside from that, there's an open range zoo just 5 minutes walk from the mansion. Last but not least, my fiancé and I spent nearly two hours touring the mansion and it was just beautiful! Be it a weekend getaway or a long holiday away from the bustling city or just a visitor of Victoria, the Werribee Mansion should be visited and stay the night at the hotel. Modern interior with classic exterior. Just wonderful! I will be back for sure!!

• Stayed: March 2014
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Julian O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your positive review.

Once again : congratulations on your successful proposal !

It has been a pleasure meeting with your fiance.

I am looking v\forward to having both of you back at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Our stay was very comfortable. Loved the Mansion. Staff were very helpful. Meals a little expensive but very good. Bed extremly comfy. We had zoo package which was excellant. This was a raffle prize. We would have found it too expensive to do otherwise. The gardens were amazing , we ran out oftime to get around it all

Room Tip: upgrade or rooms could be a bit small
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Maxie3287,

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your positive feedback.

I am very happy to read that your stay at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa was very comfortable.

Once again : congratulations on winning such a beautiful raffle prize !

We are all looking forward to having you back in a near future.

Cderic Lootvoet

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at the mansion Saturday night and got a zoo package. Zoo visit and breakfast was great. Gardens and all were beautiful however after dinner we went to our room and could hear every single word from the wedding going on down stairs. Felt like we were next door to the wedding band. Tried to call reception but after 6 times I gave up. Got to 11pm and my partner went down to complain and was told music would be turned down....it did not change and finally at 11.30pm it stopped! Hooray! Afterwards screaming and whistling from wedding guests going crazy and making as much noise as possible.

Gave some feedback to reception in the morning and only solution was to offer an 'free' upgrade at our next visit and a small sorry. Why would I stay again if I could not sleep until midnight?? Better off at home in my peaceful house and comfy bed.

Think they should warn people receptions go until 11.30pm+ and there shall be lots of noise... Disappointing to say the least.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Cat3172,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Your valuable feedback has already been shared with both our wedding and room division departments.

Please accept my sincerest apologies as we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and allow you to relax and enjoy your stay with us.

Wedding guests are always allocated close to the wedding reception.
For their comfort, other guests are usually allocated rooms on the other side of the building so they are protected from any noise.

I am terribly sorry that your room was not allocated on the other side of the building as our hotel was full.

I am delighted you chose to stay at the beautiful Mansion Hote & Spa.

I am also very happy to read that you loved the zoo breakfast and the fantastic gardens.

The team and I hope to welcome you on future occasions.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further comments.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Rooms were nice and clean, staff very helpful, lots to see and do like the zoo, mansion gardens and mansion, winery 5 minute walk away. We had the zoo heritage package which was great value as it included cost of zoo, mansion and hot buffet breakfast. A great relaxing weekend for couples

Room Tip: get the heritage zoo package, great value, u need 1 1/2 days to see zoo, gardens and mansion in a re...

Dear Tresa1963,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your positive review.

The zoo package is ideal for both adults and children !

I am delighted to read hat you enjoyed your stay at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Werribee
Werribee Park Motor Inn
Crown Towers Melbourne
#3 of 162 in Melbourne
Quest Sanctuary Lakes
#1 of 2 in Point Cook

Been to Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park? Share your experiences!