“Serenity!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Werribee
Brisbane, Australia
“Serenity!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Lovely welcome on arrival. Room pleasant. Food excellent. Surroundings are magnificent and the walk around the grounds beautiful. Enjoyed the steam room. Staff attentive and helpful. Would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear FamilyHoliday25,

Thank you for your great feedback.

It sounds that you had a terrific time with us!

I am looking forward to having you back soon at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I purchased a wine and dine package for my partner and I for our anniversary hoping to have a quiet weekend away close to Melbourne as we travel a lot.

From the moment we arrived our entire experience was beyond a joke. No one greeted us or offered any help with our luggage, two receptionists took 40 min to book in three guests. My partner ordered two bloody Mary's (due to the wait) however we finally got checked in, carried all our own luggage to the room and requested our drinks be sent to the room.

Our room was a joke, the smallest and dirtiest looking room iv ever stayed in. Our drinks arrived with no ice and warm, the welcome bottle of white wine was sitting on the bench ALSO WARM!

My partner called reception and over one and a half hours later and three phone calls to get some ice we finally gave up and left our warm drinks and went out for drinks at the local winery. The girls at reception were rude and made no effort to get our ice or at least apologise in fact they seemed annoyed we had to call three times and said "yes I know you want your ice it's still on its way" APPALLING

That evening we came down to dinner where THREE staff members walked straight past us without even acknowledging our presence. At this stage my partner had had enough so went over to call someone and finally we were seated. Then we ordered, of course they had run out of the dish I asked for and although the manager of the restaurant tried to make up by giving us a glass of champagne the entire evening was ruined.

The next day my partner went to breakfast AGAIN STOOD IGNORED- asked to be seated and the staff pointed to three DIRTY tables and said sit wherever you like. He asked for some butter and the reply was "there is butter on your table" my partner replied "no there isn't and my table hasn't been cleared from the last guests" to this the staff member walked off AND DID NOTHING!!! My partner ate his breakfast at a dirty table was ignored and not even offered tea or coffee. He asked to extent our check out as I was ill- of course they said no and so we packed our things and left what was the biggest waste of time, effort and money.

There are so many beautiful getaways in Victoria many cheaper than werribee and I almost guarantee each with staff members that are competent, helpful and polite and a hotel that actually trains its staff! One staff member apologised and made an effort his name was Luke and he should be applauded for his efforts as the rest were a disgrace and utterly useless.

That you for ruining our anniversary-no wonder the sewerage plant is in werribee!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Weekendstogether
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Weekendstogether,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that certain aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Can you please contact me directly at the Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park so I can discuss with you the issues that occured during your stay?

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Beautiful hotel, junior suit was really nice, they have thought through all little details even down to a pillow menu, with beautiful surroundings & many things to enjoy around the property, the staff were great!! Recommend to anyone

• Stayed June 2013
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Vicdam,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

We are all looking forward to having you back at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Our Family enjoyed a wonderful experience. The children were made to feel as special as the Parents. From the Hotel Suite, where there were small robes for them with all the trimmings to Joseph's restaurant at dinner and breakfast. The spa was beyond what I expected. The service was excellent, first class. The room first class and the bed was extra comfortable. Maybe the only thing is it is missing is a shop to buy memorable items about the Werribee Park Precinct.
I will definitely be coming back and have already spread the word to my friends.

Room Tip: The junior room is fantastic overlooking the entrance, it was amazing watching the sun set.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Karen R,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

I am happy to read that the children also enjoyed their stay.

As you know when the children are happy the parents are happy too!

I am glad to hear that you are coming back soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My partner had organised a package - wine, 3 course meal and accommodation in a superior room - $509.... The room was very disappointing - very stark, stainless steel bathroom looked shabby with marks on the steel and the wooden venetian blinds were in need of repair. The bedside lamps were so dim you could not even read a book. The TV was old, could not get the free to air stations and the volume could not be adjusted. We wanted to just have a blanket on the bed but found there was no top sheet so had to take out the doona and use the doona cover as a top sheet. I was looking forward to our 3 course dinner but I found the serves to be very small for the prices. I had asked for a side of greens given there was very minimal vegetables with the main course and was told this was an extra $10. I found this to be very petty given we had paid for a 3 course meal !!!
Breakfast was basic and not very well organised. It seemed everyone wanted breakfast at the same time and it was very chaotic. The layout of the breakfast servery could be improved on to make it flow more easily.
On a positive note we enjoyed the Rose Garden which was splendid and the walk through the Mansion with the commentary tape was so informative.
Overall I feel the accommodation was only 3.5 stars and there are a few things that need to be improved on to gain a 4.5 star rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rosemary C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback.
Your comments regarding your room and the restaurant caused me great concern and as such I have spoken at length with our Rooms Division Manager and our Restaurant Manager regarding these issues.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful comments you made regarding our lovely surroundings.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further comments.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my second visit to Melbourne Australia, in the past 3 years.

I stayed at the Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, a delightful Hotel.

There is absolutely no point in trying to list in detail all the facilities and amenities that the hotel offers, I just want to say it has everything you could ever want or need, and to the highest level of quality.

I was greeted with the utmost kindness upon arrival and during my stay, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

The hotel is located in absolutely wonderful surroundings, and the gardens are just fantastic to walk around. They very much remind me of the iconic gardens like St James’s Park and Regents Park in central London as well as the world famous Kew Gardens in Richmond London.

I stayed one night at a hotel in the city, but came back the very next day to the Mansion & Spa, because I just missed everything about it.

When I try and put my finger on what makes the hotel so great, it has to be the level of personal touch that you feel when your there, it’s like being at home, in your own private mansion.

If you visit this part of the world, this hotel is definitely a great place to stay and I would highly recommend it, you will not be disappointed.

Kumar
London, England

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Kumar K,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband often eat at the resturant there and Joesph's is one of our favourite places to eat so this time we booked the "wine and dine" package and stayed overnight We found the staff helpful as it has always been. The room, the superior room was clean, spacious and relaxing. I especially loved the bed..... (I'm so fussy with beds and each time we've traveled, I'm the one who's complaining about the bed...). This has to be one of the best beds I've slept on and happy with the pillow too.... Although I was happy overall, I did find the bathroom floor needed a little attention, but its just wear and tear..... Dinner was fantastic, although the service was a little slow then usual which was surprising usually they're right on the ball.... Breakfast service was better, this will not deter me from booking either dinner or an overnight stay in future because I love the place anyway .... The thing I love most is the you feel like you're a world away but is so close to Melbourne... And the fact that it feels so private and intimate.....
Cedric, my husband and I will be back..... We've travelled to many places and stayed in many hotels...... This place still remains one of our favourites .. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: I been in all rooms, the heritage rooms are very nice and comfortable, has a queen bed. A little on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Jacklina C,

Thank you very much for your feedbak.

I am very happy to hear that the Mansion Hotel & Spa still remains one of your favourite hotels.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Werribee
Quality Suites Seasons 5
The Hotel Windsor
#29 of 160 in Melbourne
Quest Sanctuary Lakes
#1 of 2 in Point Cook

Been to Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park? Share your experiences!