“EXCELLENT STAY!”

Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Werribee
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Wonderful setting, accommodation and restaurant! What else to say?Nice staff.
Rooms are spacious and very well appointed. Decoration is in-line with "chateau" type and well in-tune with setting.
Restaurant was truly excellent. We enjoyed the lovely and warm pool. Just a perfect place for a getaway on the week-end.

A place to try and to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Peter,

Thank you very much for your great feedback.
I am very happy to hear that you had an excellent stay at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.
We are all looking forward to having you back at the Mansion.

Warm Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,857)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I , had an absolute wonderful time at the Werribee Park Mansion for our 10th Wedding Anniversary .
The staff were extremely helpful entertaining and a pleasure to be around , we felt extremely welcome and comfortable the minute we checked in . We enjoyed the local winery & gardens and the food was exquisite at josephs restaurant . The spa and gym facilities were a joy to use . We will be definitely going back there for another stay and have recommended this to our friends .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Will21_13,

Once again : congratulations on your 10th Wedding Anniversary!
Thank you very much for your beautiful review.
We are all looking forward to having you back again at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Oh, it could have been so wonderful. But where was the cosy 19th Century country manor ambience? Lost amidst a souless, sterile and often shabby attempt to be boutique. The staff were fine but the surroundings are very, very average.

The spa addition is a super-modern and grubby eyesore. The rooms are unremarkable and if you want to relax and sleep in - forget it. Every morning and evening the place is overrun by a huge flock of crows that wake you at the crack of dawn with an ear-splitting cacophany of raucous and ugly cawing - making it impossible to relax and sleep. No wonder they call it a 'murder' of crows - it's exactly what I felt like the first morning after we arrived.

The only bright point is the restaurant, Joseph's, which delivers excellent food and wine albeit at an inflated price....

The Mansion itself is lovely and the gardens and grounds impressive but better to do a day trip and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ursula W
Cedric L, Guest Relations Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Ursula W,

Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my apologies.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful comments you made regarding our superb restaurant.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would like to discuss your issues with you.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I would like to highlight the personalised and helpful service received at my wonderful stay at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park. In particular, the Guest Relations Manager, Cedric, went out of his way to assist my arrival and set up for a conference. It was extraordinary outstanding service and showed that the Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park really cares about their guests.
Thank you Cedric and staff for a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your touching feedback.

As you realised during your stay all staff really cares about their guests at the Mansion.

We are all looking forward to having you back soon at the beautiful Mansion Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at the Mansion Hotel because my sister had her wedding ceremony and reception there. My experience with the staff and the rooms were excellent. One particular staff member went out of her way to make sure my sisters and I were warm and fed whilst waiting for the bride and groom to have their photos taken. I thought the room was pretty good. The bed was comfy and there was T2 tea! I liked the set out of the bathroom, but the light is pretty bright and there isn't too much privacy between the ensuite and the bedroom if that is what you are looking for. I enjoyed my stay!

Room Tip: The heritage rooms I stayed in were really lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Lilcruise,

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

It has been a pleasure hosting your sister's wedding.

We are all looking forward to having you back soon at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced for such low quality rooms and service and features.

Resturant is VERY over priced for such average food, and breakfast is like eating at a cheap motel.

It wouldnt be that bad if it was about 40% cheaper but when u are paying $280 or $100 for a meal you expect quality.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Dennis M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback.

I am sorry that certain aspects of your experience did not meet your expectations.

Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be happy to go through your comments with you.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband & I were fortunate enough to be able to stay at the Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park as part of a discount offered after we purchased an event on the Red Balloon website. This worked out wonderfully as we were able to enjoy the Hotel stay as part of our First Anniversary Celebration. Upon our arrival, we found that the staff had arranged for a beautiful surprise gift to greet us. This was wonderful & extremely thoughtful, making us feel most welcome. The swimming pool & spa area we found very clean & the water was a pleasant temperature. Our room service meal was fine for dinner & breakfast was above the average hotel buffet, having a great selection, with apparent quality brands from which to choose.
The grounds are beautiful & the décor combined with the architecture create the feel of old fashioned charm whilst still enjoying modern day facilities. For us, one of our favourite areas was the library. The chairs are pretty comfortable & lighting perfect for spending time relaxing with a good book. The front desk staff did not hesitate to turn the piped music down in the library for us immediately following a request. As for the bathrooms, we could not fault them and the same goes for the bedroom. Guests have access to much of the surrounding gardens & it is lovely strolling around early evening as there is sufficient outdoor lighting close to the accommodations. The night we stayed, there was a wedding party in attendance, & yes there was the typically noisy, boisterous & drunk persons wondering around the hotel, however overall they were mainly seen keeping to the downstairs bar next to the front check in counter & foyer area, so we did not feel imposed upon by them whilst we were in the library, pool area, upstairs hallways & rooms. We certainly had a peaceful evening & were not disturbed by any external noise whatsoever whilst in our room.
In summary: my husband & I had a wonderful stay. Although this facility is only twenty minutes from our home, we truly felt that we had enjoyed a relaxed, peaceful & private 'weekend away'.
We would not hesitate to return to the Mansion Hotel & Spa once more if the opportunity arose. Sadly the only downside is that it is extremely expensive & we respectfully suggest that the prices are somewhat excessive & overpriced for what is experienced. We do not mean for this to detract from what we have outlined above as it truly was a great stay - it is just that if the prices were a bit lower, say $180.00 - $220.00 per night [for a couple, standard room] - then we would be able to return over & over again.
Hope that this review is of benefit. Thank you.

Room Tip: Do not hesitate to contact the front desk staff if you have any questions prior to selecting your ro...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Beck and Steven,

Thank you very much for your review.

I am very happy to hear that you both had a wonderful stay at the superb Mansion Hotel & Spa.
We are all looking forward to having you back soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Werribee
Werribee Park Motor Inn
Quest Sanctuary Lakes
#1 of 2 in Point Cook
Royce Hotel
#37 of 161 in Melbourne

Been to Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park? Share your experiences!