The Mansion Hotel is a lovely place to stay - perfect for a weekend. It is about 20 or so minutes from Melbourne's CBD, so it makes for a great weekend away from the hustle and bustle of a weekend.
The Mansion itself is simply stunning - we felt like we were in the middle of Downton Abby when we stayed. The heritage rooms are tiny, but it is due to the building being heritage listed, so the structure of the building cannot be changed. Saying that, they are comfortable and tidy, and there is so much to do on the grounds, that we didn't stay in the room for too long.
The spa is fantastic - wonderfully relaxing massage with great staff.
The restaurant was lovely, although we thought the dessert servings were too small, and the gnocchi was incredibly bland.
Shadowfax winery was fantastic. It's a quick stroll from the hotel, and guests staying at the hotel get a free wine tasting. There was so much wine on offer, we barely needed to purchase one to accompany our lunch. The food was fantastic also.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, and include a lake, and rose garden. It's very romantic and peaceful wandering around the grounds.
On our drive out of the hotel, we saw a number of giraffes from the near-by open plain zoo, so it was a fantastic treat for the end of the stay.
Overall, the staff were excellent and very friendly, and the historical aspects of the hotel give it a very grand, romantic feel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 30 minutes from Melbourne's CBD, the Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park is one of Victoria's most popular destinations, and there are many reasons why. Dating back to the 1870s, the illustrious Italianate mansion, with 10 acres of spectacular manicured gardens and historic seminary, are all perfectly tied together by the hotel & spa; there is beauty in every detail. Heavenly surrounds can only be completed by the best accommodation. Luxury awaits in all 91 rooms at the Mansion Hotel - plush linen, picturesque views and attentive service are just the first things you will notice upon your arrival. Three room options are available; all rooms are fitted with flat screen televisions, movies on demand, complimentary broadband Internet and minibar. Your journey begins when you roll through the wrought iron gates; with so much on offer, the Mansion Hotel & Spa is a destination, not just a place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansion Hotel And Spa At Werribee Park
- Sofitel Werribee Park Mansion Hotel
- Werribee Sofitel