Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Monte Villa Motor Inn(Hoppers Crossing)
  • Pool
WestWaters Hotel(Caroline Springs)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Quest Caroline Springs(Caroline Springs)
  • Fitness center
1,921 results
All reviewsjoseph's restaurantshadowfax wineryheritage roomjunior suiterose gardencourse dinnergreat weekendpillow menusteam roomthe guest relations managerwine tastingwerribee parkcedric lootvoetbuffet breakfastfree entrysnooker roombeautiful grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2012

My husband surprised me with a midweek combined package at the Mansion Hotel. This meant we had a relaxing spa (deep tissue massage when I asked for it) , king bed suite accommodation, a sumptuous dinner at Joseph's and a breakfast buffet.

We couldn't fault the service, attention to detail given to us at dinner, food quality is second to none and bed was comfy.

The only thing we found curious, was the music being played outside at night , which could be heard from inside our room. Music did eventually stop for patrons to sleep.

All in all, a special experience in a wonderful historic setting only 30 minutes from Melbourne's CBD. We will be back.

Room Tip: We were in the new part.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrian D, General Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Dear BulldogsFan,

I am pleased you enjoyed a wonderful deep tissue massage at The Spa, and enjoyed a wonderful surprise from your husband!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I attended as part of a work conference and was blown away with the staff, food, conference facilities and accommodation. The surrounding buildings and gardens are spectacular with unique sculptures and "break-out" zones available. I could not recommend highly enough and plan to bring my family back for weekend holiday soon. All staff were friendly, professional and world class.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

A beautiful location, picturesque facility and most importantly, a terrific team of friendly and professional staff and management - behind the desk, in the restaurant, bar, & conference rooms... even the groundsman - (just wish I had more time to spend and explore!)

Room Tip: - do not miss a chance to take a dip in the pool, and a wander around the grounds - especially have a look at the historical laundry!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jrbeee,

Thank you for your kind review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your recent conference with us - now to return for a leisure weekend away!

Regards

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The location itself is fantastic and is basically a one-stop shop for a variety of things to do - the Mansion and Shadowfax Winery are all within walking distance of the hotel and the Zoo is just a short drive away. We arrived early so we walked to Shadowfax Winery for some wine tasting and lunch - we hadn't booked but as there were only two of us they managed to squeeze us in so I do recommend you book for lunch. Failing that, there is a cafe at the Mansion you could eat at if you couldn't get into the winery. The pizzas at the winery were delicious - particularly the salami one!
We then went on an audio tour of the Mansion (there are only guided tours on Sundays) which I highly recommend.
Now to the room - our room was on the second floor above the pool/spa area. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried about what we might find in checking into our room, but it wasn't all bad, however I am surprised it's rated 5 stars? Our bed was huge but it was two singles joined together which did keep us apart at night as the join is slightly raised. The tv was a flat screen but quite small and a bit outdated - but I guess we weren't there to watch tv! The bathroom was stainless steel, which was quite contemporary but not very luxurious if luxury is what you are after. The shower was an over the bath one but was lovely and hot with a large showerhead and the bathrobes were a welcome addition to our stay. There was a wedding on when we stayed but we were not disturbed in the slightest. Surprisingly the most disturbing part of our stay was being woken up early morning by what sounded like a hundred crows in the tree outside our room. For dinner we ate in Joseph's restaurant (you need to book) and I agree that the menu is quite limited, but the food was divine and spectacurlaly presented. The serves are not huge but we found them filling as the food was quite rich, but you could order room service if you were still hungry. Breakfast the next morning was in the restaurant, and we found it to be very crowded and it was evident the staff had trouble keeping up as most of the buffet was continually empty.
All in all it is a great spot for a weekend getaway but based on our stay (and our room) I wouldn't recommend it for a 'luxury' stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lozzajm
Adrian D, General Manager at Mansion Hotel & Spa at Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Dear Iozzajm,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed a weekend getaway.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night (Saturday) in April 2012. Once crossing the Westgate Bridge it is a only a 20 min drive to the hotel. The road to the Hotel is unsealed so if you have a nice car beware, having said that, even unsealed it was still ok to drive on.

As you will have read from the other reviewers, the Heritage Wing rooms were very small. Whilst small they were still functional. I can understand people’s frustration if they were expecting a larger room, but it always pays to do your homework on rooms. We didn’t have any concerns with noise and there were 2 weddings when we stayed. The Hotel is in an ideal location if you intend on visiting the Werribee Open Range Zoo, the zoo entrance is a 2min drive. The gardens are great and we enjoyed our walk around them, the rose garden is also amazing, would have been nicer if we were there when it was in full bloom. There is also the Shadowfax winery that you can walk to from the hotel. We enjoyed a great lunch here with a wonderful jazz band playing background music. Make sure you book, because the winery is in great demand (they only do lunch, no dinner or breakfast). We chose not to have dinner at Joseph’s, even though I was constantly asked to do so whenever I contacted reception, as I found the menu very limited and not appealing. We decided to drive 25mins to Geelong and had a lovely dinner at Baveras. There isn’t much of a selection for fine dining around Werribee (not that Baveras is fine dining).

We did have the breakfast buffet at Joseph’s, but the selections on offer were also limited, just the standard bacon, scrambled eggs, hash browns, baked beans, cold meats, toast, fruit, muesli and cereals – definitely not worth $36 dollars each. Joseph’s itself is very tired, the carpet is worn and the tables and chairs need to be refurbished, however it does have lovely views out to the gardens.

The hotel is definitely not 5 star maybe 3.5 star at best. Overall an enjoyable stay, however it’s something you would do once, and once only.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the first floor and away from the reception halls.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StanAman

Dear StanAmana,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay and took the chance to enjoy the entire experience in which we offer.

I hope to welcome you back to the Mansion Hotel & Spa in the near future.