“Spa Queen of Asia hits Werribee!”

The Spa at Mansion Hotel
More attraction details
Owner description: No visit to the Mansion is complete without a treatment in one of Melbourne’s most exclusive Day Spas, an ethereal escape just 30 minutes from the CBD. It is quite literally an oasis of calm in the world’s most liveable city. Few Day Spas in Australia can boast a history that’s steeped in reflection and contemplation like we can. For half a century from the 1920s we played host to St Joseph’s Seminary, a spiritual retreat and college for the Catholic Church in Australia. Today, our guests arrive to experience a very different but just as spiritual journey. Whether it is for a few hours or a few days, you can achieve the ultimate in rejuvenation and mindfulness as you relax in the hands of a caring, expert therapist. From an indulgent facial custom-made for the harsh Australian climate, to an ancient practice for cleansing the body and mind, our Spa Menu is unashamedly designed to spoil and pamper – inside and out. Bookings are essential.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Let's talk about the good things. Firstly you can pick up some well priced deals at the moment, we paid $99 for the hamman and a massage. This is excellent value. Secondly, the moment you drive up the drive to the Mansion Hotel you feel relaxed, like you are off somewhere special. Thirdly the products used are wonderful, and finally some of the staff are amazing: "magic hands", "the best massage I've ever had" were heard from amongst our group.
We loved the hamman and we're happy with the DIY approach. I feel they could perhaps explain the two products offered (scrub and the body moisturiser which you rub on your body) more rather than the "you put the scrub on followed by the lotion"
The OH&S expert in our group was concerned by a few issues inside the hamman - slippery floors, no emergency alarm or handrail and poor lighting. My suggestion is that a bath mat is put on the floor inside the hamman. Once you are covered in product you end up like a slippery eel!! I would also liked us all to have had a bathmat each in the room outside and a water fountain wouldn't go amiss. Our second group were offered shower caps, which explains how they came out looking so gorgeous! It was a great fun experience and your skin ends up sooooooo soft.
The massage experience was mixed, my lady was slightly clunky with her moves, at no point was I asked how it was for me. The massage was conducted with sweet almond oil, apparently aromatherapy oils are available on request and would have been a nice addition - as I have said their products are top notch. We asked for disposable undies and hats. They were not offered. The hour massage lasted 47 mins.
The changing rooms are cramped even with four of us in there and I would have liked to see a basket with some hair products, combs, deodorant sprays like are offered in the top spas.
We decided against the gym perferring to enjoy the house and gardens. I gave the pool a miss on account of the oil slick which had amassed at the far end. The one fish amongst us who loves her swimming, said the pool was 'lovely.' We couldn't decided whether the pool tiles were chipped or whether that was the shabby chic look... It looks as if it is time for a bit of a reno....
Think they could perhaps ask for feedback at the end of the treatment. The staff seemed happy to have our views and were helpful explaining the product.
So all in all lots to love and some areas to improve, but as a cheap and cheerful day out, which was a lot of fun, relaxing and left your body feeling soft and pampered it was perfect for our ladies. Add some attention to detail, don't skimp on the times, offer products rather than wait to be asked and you will get a four from me. You will need to renovate the environment - poolside and change rooms especially to reach a five star.
Thank you for having our group and we hope to visit again sometime.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"blankets"
"meals"

Reviewed October 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Werribee Spa Hotel for 1 night with a package for room, massage and meals. The whole experience was flawless. Very impressed with the high standard of cleanliness in the rooms. We had the most comfortable sleep! Exceptional service at reception and dining restaurant.
A huge thank you to Helen & Cenric for your warm professional personalities. You truly know how to treat your guests.
Thankyou, we will see you again soon :)
Regan & marilena Hunt

Reviewed September 16, 2014

The pool and spa surrounds were peaceful and serene (although I was careful to choose a time to swim when there were no children around!). As a birthday treat I had a hot rock massage that was very relaxing and just what I needed. The massage therapist was quiet and respectful as she moved about and I felt cocooned and pampered. Would definitely recommend as a special treat. Thank you.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We love staying at the Mansion and have stayed twice now, I was fortunate to have a massage in their Spa. Beside the pool area in peaceful serenity you lose all track of time when you have your massage. Good quality products and lovely staff however there was one negative and that was I found the airconditioning was too cold and I did not say anything..next time I will.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 1, 2014

If you are looking for a relaxing spa treatment, and have been to a traditional hammam, then DO NOT visit the hammam at Werribee Park, as you may be disappointed.

We received a hammam voucher via Red Balloon and were excited to indulge again in a hammam. We first experienced a hammam in Marrakech last year and it was pure bliss. My husband and I were treated to being scrubbed, soaked, rubbed, massaged, moisturised, and bathed. We felt clean, relaxed and very very spoilt.

The hammam we experienced today was essentially a "do it yourself" steam room. We were given a salt scrub and a mud and instructed to "rub it on yourself from the shoulders down". We sat in a steam room for 45minutes; the steam room itself was uncomfortable as you couldn't lie flat and it was a hard tiled mould. The shower then starts, and that's it. Finished. No massage. No scrubbing. There wasn't even any moisturiser offered and there wasn't any in the bathrooms either.

This should not be sold as a hammam treatment.

6  Thank Sarah M