“Jewel of the North West”

The Waterfront Wynyard
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wynyard
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our experience staying at the Waterfront Wynyard, was so enjoyable- we stayed an extra night- We were showing an overseas family member around Tassie, and booked with 3 Pet Friendly accommodation places on our trip around Tassie-but the Waterfront Wynyard was the most enjoyable, both for a lovely peaceful waterfront location, and the service we received from the hosts.We take our furry family member everywhere with us, and this was the most pet FRIENDLY place we have stayed at.A pic of our furry friend,Max, in front of the Waterfront Wynyard.We will find a reason to go back up that way again soon

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank w a
Cyndyc100, Owner at The Waterfront Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hi W A

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. So glad all of you enjoyed your stay- even the furry family member. We get a lot of bookings for people travelling with their pets and we feel our property is pretty well suited with close access to dog friendly beaches and plenty of outdoor areas for pooches. Our two pet friendly rooms get a bit of a work out!

Thanks again for your comments and I hope the rest of the stay in Tassie was just as good

There are newer reviews for The Waterfront Wynyard

Reviewed May 5, 2013

we decided to stay here because we needed somewhere about halfway between Launceston and Smithton. I read so many good reviews about this hotel that I thought that it really cant be that good. Well it was.
I cant comment about the food because we didnt get a chance to eat there but the room was comfortable and overlooked the water right out front. I was able to watch a magnificaent storm one night then wake up to a spectacular sunrise the next morning. the beds were very comfortable and the doonas were amazing!! the rooms are smallish but very clean and big enough for sleeping in. I loved the idea of a lounge area in the main part of the hotel, a great place to meet others or just sit in a comfy chair and read or watch TV in front of the fire. the owners are so lovely and very helpful. When I asked about the brand of doonas, Cyndia took my email address and emailed me at home a few days later to tell me the brand and where I could get them! great after service!!! My husband and I travel to Tasmania alot and although we have never stayed in Wynyard before, we will certainly be doing so again - at the Waterfront!

Room Tip: they are all good - they all look over the inlet
2  Thank juann22
Cyndyc100, Owner at The Waterfront Wynyard, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Hi juann22

Thanks for the lovely feedback. So pleased you weren't disappointed! We are really passionate about what we do and this business so happy customers mean a lot to us. We have just put in for a grant to help build self contained larger accommodation on the land next to the motel, so hopefully if we pull it off we will have some larger, even better accommodation to offer in the future.

Thanks again for giving us a go!
See you this way again soon hopefully.
Ps. Enjoy the Doona!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed one night during our Tassie holiday. If we had known how nice it was we could have stayed longer. The amenities were good and clean, the bed very comfortable The motel was in a lovely position overlooking the inlet. close to local eating places and the Wynyard shopping area. The staff were very helpful with local knowledge and the breakfast really good with a fantastic selection.
Will stay there again.
Ross F

2  Thank Ross F

Hi rossF

Thanks so much for your feedback. So glad you enjoyed your stay as comfy guests are our business!

Hopefully we will see you this way again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed here over Easter. Was nice and clean in a superb location. Would stay here again!

Wi-Fi was a little expensive, but ran super fast. Couldn't fault the bed's either, probably one of the most comfortable hotel bed's I've ever slept in.

4  Thank johnoamh

Hi johnoamh

Thanks for your feedback and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Re the wifi, 7.50 per day is the rate in the rooms for wifi, but we do offer free wifi in the guest lounge as an alternative. Can't do cheaper than that!
Hopefully we will see you this way again someday.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a wonderful time. Came highly recommended and we weren't let down. Service was fantastic, room was lovely, clean, and comfortable. Our stay included breakfast the next day which we would give 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jill H

Hi jillH

Thanks for your review, we really do appreciate the feedback. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations! We pride ourselves on delivering on the simple things, but doing them as well as we possibly can.

Hopefully we will see you this way again n the future.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights for work commitments, the rooms are very clean, the double bed was so comfy I didn't want to get out and the shower was supurb also the staff are very friendly and the buffet breakfast was yummo. I highly recommend staying at this lovely little motel !!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Tilvo

Hi Tilvo

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of our little motel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It pretty much sums up the experience, good bed, good sleep, good shower with real pressure, good grub and good service!

Thanks again hopefully we will see you again for a holiday notepad of having to work!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

After having a rather bad day, it was so nice to check into this little gem! I was greeted by a lovely girl, who asked if I wanted a breakfast tray delivered to my room as I was flying out very early, I was also given a news paper and fresh milk. When I walked into my room I was not disappointed, well equipped mini bar, nice bathroom and the most comfortable bed and pillows ever. Would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for cheap accommodation. Oh and it's only 5 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Strawb85

Hi strawb85

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We may be a bit retro, but we aim to please with our service. So I'm so pleased you appreciated our service as its our number one priority, if our customers are happy, then were happy. It's that simple!

Thanks again for the review
Cyndia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wynyard
The Madsen Boutique Hotel
Coastal Pods
Coastal Pods
#1 of 3 in Wynyard
Best Western Murchison Lodge Motor Inn

Been to The Waterfront Wynyard? Share your experiences!