“A little out-of-the-way gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Whitehouse Bakery - CLOSED

The Whitehouse Bakery
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Brisbane, Qld
“A little out-of-the-way gem”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful experience! Had read about this bakery on TripAdvisor and planned a foray there at the end of our day. Arrived after closing time and walked away disappointed only to be called back by the owner who let us in to buy our cob loaf, pies and pastie. Each was first-rate but the piece de résistance was the FREE sweet pastries he also gave us. We left with the biggest smiles on our faces and these only got wider as we ate them in the beautiful village green across the road. Only last month we had a similar experience in a little village bakery in Austria and we said "this would never happen back home" - well it did!! Thank you for a wonderful experience :-)

1 Thank Susan B

• Polish first
Launceston, Tasmania
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I love the Whitehouse Bakery and staff. They are so friendly and helpful. They have even added a new chef to the mix, a French trained chef. Sounds deadly hay! The food is wonderful and so much to choose from. Knowing they are using fresh produce from the garden makes it an even more enjoyable.

1 Thank 166lisa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tastes like heaven”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have only heard wonderful things about this beautiful bakery , so I had to find out for myself what all the fuss was about. In all my years of eating pies I have never tasted a pie so authentic and rich in flavor , the wood fire oven really does make a difference an easy 10/10 rating from me and my partner , would defiantly advise tourists and locals too go and try a pie - Elijah

1 Thank Elijah18
Melbourne, Australia
“Truly delicious!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We read reviews and could not resist a visit. What a beautiful bakery. The baked goods are as delicious to eat as they are to look at. We enjoyed the best coffee, pies and cakes we have ever eaten. This bakery would have Melbournians queuing around the block for breakfast, lunch and tea. We would move form Melbourne to Westbury just for the White house bakery!

“Very good for Tassie”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I have put an average score only as the couple of times I've been in my pie base has been very soggy and filling very watery making it all collapse on itself which is very difficult to eat. Also I had a vanilla slice where the custard was very lumpy. It has a lot of potential and I have only heard great things so maybe Ive been unlucky -- just thought its a good way to give feed back for the chef as we all can improve.

• Visited April 2013