“Mothers day treat”

Pier01 Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Ulverstone
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pier01 - Tasmania's North West Coast newest cafe, restaurant and function centre has been built on the Ulverstone Wharf and overlooks the majestic Leven River. The amazing scenery is matched by great food and service which reflects the quality and diversity of the local regions fresh produce. Drop in for coffee, a local ale or cider, lunch, dinner (Breakfast during the weekend) or book your function for groups from 2 to 200.
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I took my mother and grandmother here for breakfast on Mothers day. It was a set menu and everything to choose from sounded lovely. We were greated by very pleasant wait staff and a table full of complimentary sweet treats. Well done Pier01, on making us all feel special on Mothers Day.

Mathew W, Owner at Pier01 Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

What a big day Mothers Day was and so it should be as our Mums are so special. Mothers Day was our biggest day yet - we served over 300 people during the day and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. It was our pleasure to be a part of your Mums special day. Cheers Ian

There are newer reviews for Pier01 Restaurant & Cafe

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Called in Sunday evening for tapas and coffee. Trio of dips was to die for especially the mushroom. Best coffee we've had in a long while. Great entertainment can't wait to try dinner here. Would definitely recommend it

Mathew W, Owner at Pier01 Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hi Patricia - thanks for your positive feedback and we look forward to you joining us for dinner one night. Sunday Night Tapas on hold at the moment - bit cold and dark by 5 pm but look forward to Spring and some long leisurely afternoons on the deck. Mat

Reviewed April 21, 2013

A couple of weeks ago my partner and I decided to try Pier01 for lunch and we were more than pleased with the food and service, however last Saturday we returned for a dinner service it was a different story. The entree selection seemed dominated by oysters and the rest read more like a lunch menu. I opted for the chicken pate but it was unavailable so I went straight to mains. I ordered duck in broth with asian greens, thinking it to be a nice healthy option. Unfortunately broth was so sweet, literally sugar sweet, that every ingredient in the bowl tasted like sugar syrup, even the duck. My partner tried some and had to agree. For a $33 dish I was bitterly disappointed and left hungry.

1  Thank TasAndyjw

Mixed Emotions - I would have been angry if that is what I had received, and as the chef and owner of Pier01 I am angry that you were served this. We have people who come back regularly and we don't event bother to take their order now - we just bring out the duck. So something somewhere went wrong and I apologise for that. Please come back and try it again and if it is still too sweet it is on us. Mathew

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our first sojourn to a local restaurant for Sunday Brunch and I was disappointed. They did not offer a Brunch menu and I found the Lunch Menu to be more like a dinner menu and not one that I enjoyed for lunch time eating.

The place is beautifully situated right next to the Leven River and the restaurant it self is lovely with good seating.

The staff were polite and helpful but their menu let them down. I found it to be pretentious with average food and not particularly good value for money.

I would only go back if it was for a special occasion with a group of people.

2  Thank Trudy B

Hi Trudy sorry the menu did not meet your expectations - as I am sure you will have noticed they are still a work in progress and we would welcome your thoughts about what we should include on our menu. Come back and see us again and share your hospitality knowledge with us - we would appreciate your input. Cheers Mathew

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I had been looking forward to testing out Ulvertsone's new wharf precinct restaurant since conception..... Unfortunately time, bad planning and not very flattering reviews had kept me away.

I was booked in to enjoy lunch with a friend on what was fortunately a gloriously sunny autumn Friday. We dined on the front deck, it was the perfect setting for a long chat accompanied by wine and a delicious meal.

I had the spreyton mushrooms with rocket pesto and melted haloumi. This was a divine combination. I usually find haloumi a litte too salty, yet combined with the perfectly grilled mushies and the salad dressing made this a scrumptious lunch. I devoured my meal with gusto. My dear friend had the slow roasted pork belly with lentils and poached crab apples. I did not taste the pork but her hmmmms and yummms indicated pure pleasure. I watched her slice the pork with the dinner knife provided with the ease of a hit knife through butter. She advised it was very tasty.

I am looking forward to the next opportunity I have to dine at this lovely venue. The staff were entirely attentive, knowledgable and friendless. Any fears I had of bad or slow service have beed allayed.

Hi Sammie - thanks we appreciate the positive comments and certainly acknowledge your final remarks that your fears of bad or poor service were put to rest. We were far from perfect for a while - still have our not so great days but we are not as bad as a minority of people, in many cases not even customers of ours are saying. We will keep on doing what we are doing - we have plans to get better and we look forward to summer and enjoying a drink on the deck with you. Regards Mat and the Pier01 team.