“Only wanted a snak”

Pier01 Restaurant & Cafe
Reserve with
Pier01 Restaurant & Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Ulverstone
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pier01 - Tasmania's North West Coast newest cafe, restaurant and function centre has been built on the Ulverstone Wharf and overlooks the majestic Leven River. The amazing scenery is matched by great food and service which reflects the quality and diversity of the local regions fresh produce. Drop in for coffee, a local ale or cider, lunch, dinner (Breakfast during the weekend) or book your function for groups from 2 to 200.
Geelong
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only wanted a snak”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We attended there on a beautiful saturday afternoon on the 19th January we had attended a wedding and were waiting to go to the reception, Lovely setting, good staff, but couldn't get any food, we just wanted a cheese platter or snak of some sort, not even a bag of chips...very poor.

• Visited January 2013
Mathew W, Owner at Pier01 Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Like the restaurant you were heading to for the reception, we were full that night with 100 + guests booked in for dinner. But we were equally happy to welcome not one but two wedding groups on that afternoon as they were heading off to receptions at venues in Ulverstone and Pier01 has received a number of separate facebook postings of appreciation from people in these groups. We are only too happy to do cheese platters or dips and are now exploring options for quality Tasmanian snack type produce but we are not as you suggested a restaurant without food - we do have food, great food and our menus can be found on line at pier01.com.au. – Do come for lunch one day.

Melbourne, Australia
“location is all”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

On holiday my family decided to pop in for dinner and it was unfortunate that we had ate so well the evening before on the other side of the wharf. We were greeted and seated by staff that were pleasant upon arrival but the service and experience were lacking from there on in (blunt and abrupt and bitter waitress, and what drink service?). Our meals took to long to reach our table and mine was cold when I received it, perhaps the service could have done with better organization. I suggest that some of the menu prices could do with a good review (bangers and mash $30!?). With the beautiful new building that the restaurant is in and the views it offers there is a lot of potential here. I can honestly say that I haven't been so disappointed with a dining experience in a while but the excuse I was given of 'they are new' might go a long way for others thinking of dining here. maybe give it a few months to tidy their staff, kitchen and service.

• Visited December 2012
I suppose it is when you get home from your holiday that you have time to write your reviews – I am just so disappointed that you did not share your concerns with us directly so we could have addressed them on the day. And here we are two months later – four months into our new business and yes we are still learning, but the feedback from customers, including those who have now returned on numerous occasions is that we are providing great food, our service is getting better and the experience is very positive. We must look forward – looking back we can do with some degree of disappointment about some things we have not done so well but overall I am proud of my team and my business – we are constantly improving and I have not had one of my team referred to as “Bitter” before and I do not expect that to occur again. And for those who do read your review please do not assume Bangers and Mash is a beef snag from the supermarket on some dry mashed potato – the Bangers and Mash listing on my menu is as follows: Bangers and Mash Pier01 House Made chicken sausages with bubble and squeak and a Champagne prawn cream sauce. I hope the rest of your Tassie holiday was a success. Mat
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect setting, beautiful food”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My friend and I went for a drink at Pier01 on a still, hot evening this week and ended up staying for dinner. The service was prompt and friendly, and we enjoyed a beautiful meal which we couldn't finish. Good value for money for both the quality and quantity of the food. Will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
Thanks for your feedback - it is great to get positive comments and instills increased confidence in my team and our restaurant - look forward to seeing you back in Tassie again. Mat
“loved it!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had been wanting to visit Pier01 since finding out who the head chef was as he had cooked at a previous venue for us and the food was fantastic!!! so for our 5th wedding anniversary my husband surprised me with a meal at Pier01 which was absolutely beautiful with a beautiful view to match. very impressed with the food, pleasant staff, clean and great relaxing atmosphere. will be back again soon

Thank you for your positive feedback - you have highlighted all of the areas that we are continually addressing and we are proud to have been a part of your special day. Mat
Launceston, Australia
“Value for money, 5 star service, food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Wonderful service, fantastic food and stunning outlook that makes you never want to leave. I have visited Pier01several times now since opening and have been more than satisfied with everything. The staff have always made myself, friends and family feel so welcome. The food and menu are amazing and highly recommend the tapas menu and entertainment on a Sunday, it's a perfect way to relax on a Sunday afternoon.
I highly recommend Pier01 to anyone that wants value for money and 5 star service and food!

• Visited January 2013
Thanks Ange - we really appreciate your positive feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Mat