“Accommodating”

Bass & Flinders Motor Inn
Bass & Flinders Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ulverstone
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I arrived late due to spirit of Tasmania arriving late, I booked late and lady was very friendly and offered to stay up late so could to eat in Devonport first. Room was clean bathroom was very clean the night I stayed it was very quiet I was half way from the road though. Small kitchen with microwave, kettle mini bar with soft drink and water, tea coffee and milk, braggart was optional, bed was great I slept until eight!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank tassiejudi

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I originally stayed at this motel four years ago when i was touring Tasmania and was happy to return this year. It continues to be a high quality motel with large, clean and comfortable rooms as I would expect from a Best Western property. The proprietor gave me wifi access free of charge although there is usually (and now perhaps surprisingly) a charge. Unfortunately, the on-site restaurant was closed as I was there on a Sunday and Australia Day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank wakeupjames
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had a family unit with 2 bedrooms, wee lounge area & some kitchen facilities. Although somewhat dated it was very pleasant and comfortable. Comfy beds, great shower and very close to town & beach.
Restaurant and bar on site - but we did not use it.

Room Tip: Back rooms are away from main road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The highlight of this one-night stay was the generosity shown by the managers when we arrived without luggage from Devonport. They went to some lengths to find and provide all the basic toiletries etc that luggageless QANTAS passengers will miss that night and the next day - and all at no charge (that's a level of service I don't encounter often).
The motel is mid-range quality - pretty much what we expect of Best Western - spacious enough, reasonably comfortable, well appointed with crockey, cutlery etc and spare blankets, pillows etc., and clean.
At night you can get a bit of noise (hum) from the nearby Bass Highway, although the property is quite a distance from it - not a problem if the windows are closed, or if you are used to it.
Ulverstone is not everyone's chosen destination - in between Devonport and Burnie, both of which can have more to offer in town. But if you are there, then you have your own transport, and those other towns are within easy reach on good roads, as are some of the best features of the lovely Cradle Coast.
I didn't make use of the on-site restaurant, but it seems to serve as a local 'watering hole' and can get busy in the evening.
So if you want an economical stay on the Cradle Coast with some very helpful resident managers, who obviously care about the property and their clientele, then this is a good option.

Room Tip: As far towards the back as possible gets you further from any highway noise and any noise from the r...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank canberra_no_mad_1
Reviewed April 17, 2012

If you are looking for comfortable accommodation a good meal with a real family feel then go no further. Not in town but not a problem as the restaurant is probably the best in Ulverstone anyway. There is quick Wifi that I got for free and foxtel on large tv's in the rooms. There is also an indoor pool and spa if you are after that kind of thing.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Rye R
Reviewed April 8, 2012

If you would like your room serviced daily (ie. beds made, bins emptied & tea/coffee/sugar replenished), then DON'T stay here! Cleanliness is not the best and the carpark is exceptionally cramped. The restaurant is NOT much better than a CWA hall and we waited 2 hours for our meal. We stayed here over the Easter holidays (2 adults & kids), but the owners were reluctant to share their Easter eggs on display, as I was told "don't take them, I won't have enough for my grandkids". Yet other motels, are more than happy for guest to take any Easter eggs or lollies on dispaly for the kids. Very strange indeed! The rooms are very small and the owners will try to overcharge if you have children (even if they sleep in existing bedding). The heated pool was great and the microwave was a bonus, but unfortunately, we cannot recommend this motel to family travellers, due to reasons as mentioned.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vahshay
BassUlverstone, Owner at Bass & Flinders Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Dear Vahshay
Thank you for taking the time to write the review.
I will take your comments on board and make changes where necessary. Please may I ask you to be more accurate when making future bookings as the reservation made was for 2 adults only. Had you stated there were 2 children traveling with you I would have been able to accommodate you in one of our family rooms, albeit at higher rate. I was unaware any children were with you until I saw you leave the property. When you asked to extend your stay we charged appropriately for the extra guests but did not bill you retrospectively for the first night.
Please accept my sincere apologies for my comment made as you helped yourself to the basket of Easter Eggs. I did not mean to cause any offence. It was purely a poor attempt at humour .

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great motel , exceptional value , friendly and helpful staff nothing a bother . Has own restaurant on site and the meal was the best we had so far after 6 days in Tasmania . Well done Bass & Flinders . Asked for a motel room and they have us a one bedroom suite for no extra cost !!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
BassUlverstone, Owner at Bass & Flinders Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Thankyou Juliej61 for taking the time to post your review. So glad you enjoyed your stay here with us in Ulverstone. Take care and we will hopefully see you next time whilst holidaying in Tasmania.

Lynda

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulverstone
Lighthouse Hotel Ulverstone
#4 of 5 in Devonport
Beachway
Beachway
#1 of 3 in Ulverstone

Been to Bass & Flinders Motor Inn? Share your experiences!