Great location and decks overlooking the bay. It was a wonderful experience to wake up and watch the sunrise over Oyster bay. Truly breathtaking.
We stayed in a one bed house which was like being in a French farm cottage. Very cool with the wood burner and a real escape from the world, but it was getting dated.
The rooms were nice but getting a bit tatty around the edges. Our kitchen must have been 20+ years old, and the grounds were looking somewhat shabby and overgrown.
I don't have a problem with all that in a place a bit cheaper but for these prices you expect everything to be just right.
Service was brisk, information limited or non-existent. Staff did not go out of their way to do anything for us.
Location and experience won at the end of the day and we really enjoyed our stay, but left feeling value for money had been stretched.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegance and splendor of Piermont is mirrored in the breathtaking views over Great Oyster Bay to the ever changing colours of Freycinet's National Park ancient granite peaks. Enjoy the understated comfort of this first class accommodation surrounded by natural beauty. When you arrive at Piermont, you'll truly feel as if you have left the world behind- and your worries with it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Piermont Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piermont Retreat Swansea, Tasmania
- Piermont Retreat Hotel Swansea